shape
carat
color
clarity

Halos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 10:42:25 AM
Author: lumpkin
I know, SDL. Poshpepper''s yellow sapphire is so pretty. They really are all lovely - I love the emerald cut in a halo, too. I would definitely take one of each.

Thanks ladies!
4.gif
You just put a smile on my face
9.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks SDL and Lumpkin!!I love the color, too. Funny enough though, I don''t think there has been a day that I have worn it that someone doesn''t ask if it is a tanzanite. I used to go into the whole color change story but now I just say it''s a sapphire, LOL.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 2:05:04 PM
Author: sunnyd
rube!! your ring is so gorgeous. just had to tell you (as if you didn''t already know).
2.gif
i love how the EC looks like glass amongst all the pave. mm mm good!
30.gif

Thanks, sunnyd, I love it too! I love getting compliments on it though...you''re so sweet!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 2:51:29 PM
Author: Catmom
Rube, I meant to tell you how much I love your ring. I have always been drawn to emerald cuts and yours is gorgeous!

thanks, catmom! How it brightens my day to hear someone with such a WONDERFUL, impressive taste in jewelry compliment mine!
13.gif

Love you ladies!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 8:59:34 PM
Author: beebrisk
Rube..

Your avitar is HyStErIcAl !!!!

haha....THANKS!!! I got the idea from the other girls - there''s Christmas hats and elves with chainsaws everywhere!!
26.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
thanks to you too, lumpkin! You gals have totally made my day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few pics of mine.
Layla%20new%20halo%20overcast.JPG

Layla%20new%20halo%20rose.JPG

Layla%20new%20halo%20garden.JPG

july08Bride

Rough_Rock
Here is my bezel set halo

bezelhalo.JPG

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Here is my cushion halo...sorry for the cropped picture.

suli1.JPG

Fred333

Rough_Rock
Those are some great looking rings. Any woman would be envious.

Foureyes

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 11:59:18 AM
Author: Gypsy
Here are a few pics of mine.

Layla%20new%20halo%20overcast.JPG

Layla%20new%20halo%20rose.JPG

Layla%20new%20halo%20garden.JPG

Gypsy -

I just love you ring, so much that I snagged a picture of it and put it in my "must have projects" folder on my desktop. I would love to have a gypsy-inspired asscher halo necklace someday. Just gorgeous, especially with the contrast of the band.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine :)

1.09 ct center stone, E, SI1

I never met a halo I didn''t like

IMG_1069comp.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 4:29:30 PM
Author: Foureyes

Gypsy -

I just love you ring, so much that I snagged a picture of it and put it in my ''must have projects'' folder on my desktop. I would love to have a gypsy-inspired asscher halo necklace someday. Just gorgeous, especially with the contrast of the band.

Aww. Foureyes, that is SO very sweet of you to say. Thank you! I really love it too. I HAVE to go to a store and take pics of it with two pave bands for you all to see, and tell me what you think of them together, but just haven''t had the time, unfortunately.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 9:07:04 PM
Author: butterfly 17
It''s not a diamond, but here is my Ritani endless love with a sapphire...
That is stunning. All of these rings are so beautiful, but I have to say I especially love a halo on a colored stone.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 7:26:28 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 12/6/2007 4:29:30 PM

Author: Foureyes

Gypsy -

I just love you ring, so much that I snagged a picture of it and put it in my ''must have projects'' folder on my desktop. I would love to have a gypsy-inspired asscher halo necklace someday. Just gorgeous, especially with the contrast of the band.

Aww. Foureyes, that is SO very sweet of you to say. Thank you! I really love it too. I HAVE to go to a store and take pics of it with two pave bands for you all to see, and tell me what you think of them together, but just haven''t had the time, unfortunately.
Gypsy... I gotta tell you again how much I love your ring. I hope to someday have an Asscher... it''s gorgeous. I think 2 pave bands would look great with it!

I''m trying to make the decision about a halo or not. I just can''t decide, but all these beautiful halos are tempting!

loser.gif
L''s for love.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so MUCH Sera and SDL. You are both so sweet!!! I have a confession... I NEVER had anyone grab my hand and ask to look at my asscher in it's old setting. Since I've had this setting, it's happened to me 4 times and everytime it takes me by surprise and flusters me... but it feels SO good. LOL.

I'm really happy with it. SDL, you my dear, have envy inducing bling ( I ADORE your three stone with sapphires) and Sera, I love your PoH!

As for whether or not to halo the PoH... hmm. Well, I KNOW you love pave and Leon. But if it were me, I might be REALLY tempted by three stoning it with two smaller PoH's (Leon three stone setting)or Bezeling it a la Lauren's asscher setting (Leon bezel).

But then again, you cannot ignore the amazing enlarging optical effects of a halo and your stone is 5.5... SO:

I would think your PoH would look amazing in a halo that really set it off. What I like about mine is that there is a contrast between the pave and the step cuts and then the plain shank-- even without a bezel there is definition there. I think with yours I would bezel the diamond in a pave halo for definition since all of them would be brilliant cuts. If you aren't set of flush fit, I'd do the bubbles side view (depending on budget as well) like Rina's cushion. Swoon! That is one of my favorite side views of all time on a ring!

Also, I would ask Leon his opinion on how to best set off your lovely and unique stone. Without any input from you to lead him (including budget), and see what he comes up with. Then after that, steer him in terms of tweaking his idea and making it work with your budget. He's very talented and has a great eye, I'd let that work for me. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU DECIDE ON THOUGH!!!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 10:32:04 AM
Author: lumpkin
Metro, I love the uniqueness of your set. It''s stunning and I always love to see pictures of it -- I''d love to see more!

metrosringshalo.jpg
Here''s a hand shot

metroseringwband1.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Profile (took this in the car this morning!)

eringafter0profile385730.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Gypsy, K&L and Metro, all three of your rings are stunning...I love them all. I find it so amazing that even though every ring has a halo, they are all so different and gorgeous, each in their own way!
30.gif
30.gif

cagey

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine...I love how everyone''s halo has its own unique ittle twist to it!

newleaffire.jpg

and a hand shot w/ my wb

newhand.jpg

profile:

questperspective.JPG

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine, Oval RHR:

n1drlandoval2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
cagey, what a lovely asscher you have. I love the high crown. And the setting is jut lovely!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
All you ladies have such beautiful halos.
30.gif
Talk about eye-candy. All of them are gorgeous and unique in their own special way and that''s what makes them sooooooo special. I FOUND one (the setting) that I want for a RHR that has been calling my name......the more I keep looking the LOUDER IT''S CALLING ME!..oh stop..stop...

oh the temptation to get it has set in......
32.gif

ladies show me more.....
31.gif

kmcq

Rough_Rock
Here is my pear halo
1.gif

PICT00011.jpg

kmcq

Rough_Rock
another one
3.gif

PICT00051.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 11:28:41 AM
Author: cagey
Here''s mine...I love how everyone''s halo has its own unique ittle twist to it!

newleaffire.jpg

and a hand shot w/ my wb

newhand.jpg

profile:

questperspective.JPG
I love the way yours looks like the asscher is floating.

cagey

Rough_Rock
kmcq: your pear is beautiful...that band is to die for! I love the delicate prong settings, and how your setting kind of floats off of it.
I was really toying with getting the band on mine to be like that, but stylistically, the millegraining edging worked better with the way my design was going...

LadyAmythyst69: thank you - at first, I really thought that the bezel was too thick (esp in the designer''s photos), but seeing it in person does make it act as a kind of airline. I couldnt be happier! (wellll...sure I could...if it was a honker 2ct asscher I''d be happier
25.gif
)

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2007 1:33:55 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Metro I looove your engagement ring. Who made it for you? I love the width of your band. LOVE IT!

My e-ring use to look like this....your basic cathedral setting....

I wanted a halo but I didn''t want to pay the $$$ for an entirely new setting. I also wanted a design that would to sit flush or near flush, with my wedding band.
After visiting with many local jewelers, I finally found a place that would work with me (I''ve come to find out that they don''t have a very good reputation here on PS
38.gif
, but my experiance with them was great!).

The jeweler had the simple solution of taking the prongs off my existing ring and adding a "halo basket" to house my center stone - volia! The transformation was amazing with minimal $ outta pocket! I got a ton sparkle and presence! The jeweler who made my ring is Diamond Cutters International (DCI).

My wedding band was made by MS International, also located here in Houston. They do not work with the public, but I requested that my jeweler use them to make my band after seeing some of their work. I wear a size 3 so my rings have to be custom made.

Thanks for the compliment, SDL!

cathbasic1metro.jpg

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I have to say, I love seeing halos that have simple bands on them.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
they are all so gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results