shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Tanzanite ring (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent these to Irina and she suggested starting a new thread...I really love this ring but do not wear it much...but I love the color!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh man!! I got here too soooooooon LOL!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hehe. me too! i see tanzie and diamondfan and my eyes started going gaga before i even clicked on the thread!
LOVE me some tanzie!
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am hoping she gets my email I was out at the movies for a while so I am hoping she is on line!

Can I just say I think colored stones are easier to photograph?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 4:47:12 PM
Author: diamondfan
I am hoping she gets my email I was out at the movies for a while so I am hoping she is on line!

Can I just say I think colored stones are easier to photograph?
you think so? I took some pics of my amethyst and they''re okay but I love taking pics of my diamond (::ahem:: could you tell? haha - just wait until the ring is done hahahaha)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, mine stink! I know my stone is nice but either it always looks dirty, the lighting sucks or the camera is not functioning well...cause my stones always look grimy...(plus I am lazy!) Cannot wait to see yours!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I see tanzanite in a topic and I race to see the pics!!!
36.gif

While we''re waiting for those, could you satisfy our curiosity with a few details?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 4:53:30 PM
Author: diamondfan
Well, mine stink! I know my stone is nice but either it always looks dirty, the lighting sucks or the camera is not functioning well...cause my stones always look grimy...(plus I am lazy!) Cannot wait to see yours!
me too!! and right now I can''t wait to see the tanz LOL!!!! I''m actually kinda looking forward to the day when my ring is so old hat that I don''t care if it gets a little dirty bcause I''m no longer obsessing over it lol Do you have an US? dh got me one for cmas but it isn''t here yet... taptaptap lol after he bought it it went on backorder. I have to say - what you ''need'' ::cough:: to do regarding your ring is to just keep snapping away - take a bunch of shots and a few will turn out :) I''d love to see what rainbows/fire that thing can put out!!! Plus, after a while you get better at it. I know I can speak for just about everyone here - we''re waiting for a grand thread that reall shows off your stone :) I love that it''s not super long.... I think it''s got a great ratio, but I''m curious what it is.... have you taken the ruler out yet? haha ;-)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is cushion shape, I think between 3 and 4 carats...I reset it from the original setting which was horrible...I was taken with halo look and wanted to protect the stone so this seemed like the best option...I do love it, I just seem to forget about it and not wear it that often...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 4:59:20 PM
Author: isaku5
36.gif

While we''re waiting for those, could you satisfy our curiosity with a few details?
isabel in another thread in the hangout will you fill us in on your current ring status/woes? I''d love to hear what is going on but didn''t want to ask before the holidays lol!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can say this ring is a WOW!!! Love the color of the tanzanite, it''s yummy.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh the suspense!
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Irina is on line so let''s hope she sees this!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Here a small collage, if i had an originals (higher resolution) to re-size myself i would have even better closeups to post.
I did balanced colors a bit having a skin color for reference.

DfTanz76.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
crap! it's even better than i imagined! and i have a pretty good imagination! hehehe.
this is a FABULOUS ring! (and stone)
you should show it more love!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

add this to my must.see.in.person list!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 5:17:30 PM
Author: jcrow
crap! it''s even better than i imagined! and i have a pretty good imagination! hehehe.
this is a FABULOUS ring! (and stone)
you should show it more love!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

add this to my must.see.in.person list!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I told ya!!!!
31.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jcrow, I do feel bad neglecting her...but at least I reset her, it was the most tacky setting but when I got it I loved the shape and color and figured I could always reset it...it got the tiniest nick on one side and I rarely ever wore it so I knew it needed a halo, I wanted milgrain and it just worked!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
you did a beautiful job! i can''t see it set any other way!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful !!!! I''m so glad you posted this as there are not enough threads on tanzanite imho.

The halo is perfect for this beauty!
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 5:03:40 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 12/28/2006 4:59:20 PM
Author: isaku5
36.gif

isabel in another thread in the hangout will you fill us in on your current ring status/woes? I''d love to hear what is going on but didn''t want to ask before the holidays lol!
Thanks for asking, cehra. It''s not a story with a happy ending so I''ve been putting off posting it.
38.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
DF that ring is gorgeous...!!!
18.gif
18.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I loved the color, but did not know a lot about them...I think the deeper colors are better, so I lucked out...I got it in the Bahamas a few years ago, I think December of 1999...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, it''s beautiful!!!!!!!!! I love the color.
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty setting--nice size stone, too!

cheers--Sharon

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh oooh it''s like that perfect indigo :) I love it!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, that ring is just gorgeous.. I love, love, love it...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s funny, everytime I take it out I think, hey, that is really nice, but I am just so used to my emerald cut band and I rarely switch rings. Plus, though I loved the stone color, I am not a huge purple fan, and so I tend not to think it will go with what I am wearing which I know is silly...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, DF! That is very close to the setting I want for my future project using a cushoin cut sapphire. Who did your setting?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Tanzanite! You picked a good, safe setting for it.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
A local jewelry store in the suburbs outside of Philly, and I am happy with it overall...the stone is deep and they felt the metal should come down a bit all around the stone, I had wanted something like the Legacy setting where the side view is more open and airy, but the setter was concerned about it. I think the stone is a nice one, the jeweler told me it was...and I saw a stunning one in a local store before Xmas, a more emerald cut tanzanite with small full cut stones all around it, and it was 10,000.00 but it was amazing. Do not know the carat weight, maybe it was around 5? So it was worth getting this reset and protected...I really love the color...I do not love the more pale tanzanite which was all I had really seen prior to this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results