shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo rings

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I have a beautiful 0.5carat hearts on fire diamond that my fiance proposed with. I then went and got it set in a plain yellow band with a half wrap kinda thing around the diamond.

I don't think I made the right choice, as it's a beautifully bright diamond, but it kinda gets lost in all the gold around it. So I have now convinced the fiance that I 'need' to get it reset and the one setting that really takes my breath away is the plain band beloved solitaire on the hearts on fire website (although I would like the band in yellow gold) I visited the original store we got the diamond from, but they didn't have the beloved solitaire setting in store so I'm struggling to get an image of what they actually look like on peoples hands.

Anyone have one? Or something similar? If you do, please post some photos, I would love to see what they actually look like on fingers.

Thanks everyone!

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
Photo%20on%202011-07-27%20at%2018.27%20

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you give us a link to the HOF setting you like?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
While I think that is a gorgeous setting, if you're concerned about the center diamond getting "lost" in the setting, I'm not sure this is the way to go. From the hand pic that silviagbc attached, the diamond and the halo sort of all blends together, which can sometimes be the case with some halo settings. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you mean when you say the diamond gets lost in your setting. Do you have a pic of yours that you can post?

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
stargurl78|1311856936|2978796 said:
While I think that is a gorgeous setting, if you're concerned about the center diamond getting "lost" in the setting, I'm not sure this is the way to go. From the hand pic that silviagbc attached, the diamond and the halo sort of all blends together, which can sometimes be the case with some halo settings. Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you mean when you say the diamond gets lost in your setting. Do you have a pic of yours that you can post?

I think what I was trying to get at, the whole 'sparkle' of the diamond gets lost, my ring is the one on my index finger in the pic above. I guess I'm just after more sparkle / bling. The one on my ring finger (white gold halo setting) is one I tried on at a jewellery store which I really looove and am seriously considering re-setting my diamond!

Thanks for ur post, I think I'm just trying to justify it to myself!! :saint:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think I'm a bit confused.....you want more sparkle but afraid that halo would make your diamond appear lost? Perhaps check out other halos that are more delicate?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the OP is saying she feels her diamond looks lost in her original solitaire setting. (the one on her index finger).

If you would like more bling, I say go for the halo setting! It's very pretty. If you want the center stone to stand out a little more, you could opt for a halo with smaller stones, as someone has suggested. Sounds like you really love that setting though, so you may as well go for it.

eta: Just re-read my post and I feel I came across as not liking the setting you picked out - I just want to clarify I think it's really pretty and would look great on you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I think the halo setting you posted is beautiful. While your ring is lovely now, I think your diamond will be stunning if it is halo-ed.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
silviagbc said:
I think what I was trying to get at, the whole 'sparkle' of the diamond gets lost, my ring is the one on my index finger in the pic above. I guess I'm just after more sparkle / bling. The one on my ring finger (white gold halo setting) is one I tried on at a jewellery store which I really looove and am seriously considering re-setting my diamond!

Thanks for ur post, I think I'm just trying to justify it to myself!! :saint:

I'm sorry, I'm an idiot! :oops: I thought someone else posted a picture of the setting you were looking at, I didn't realize that was your gold ring... I definitely think you'll be happier with a halo setting and that one is very pretty. I do think that some of the others may be on to something with their suggestions of going with a smaller halo. Did you try any rings on with thinner halos while you were at your local store?

silviagbc

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, all very good points, I'm really loving the different halo styles in the links provided. I'm horrible when it comes to making decisions, this is going to be really hard. Although I think the halo style is a must, now to figure out which one in particular..

The jeweler where I tried the halo setting above, said i'm looking at about $3000 to reset it!! I think that's abit crazy, as the ring I tried on had a 0.35 carat HOF centre diamond with 10 small ones around it (maybe 0.05 each) and the price for the complete ring was $4500!

I wonder wether it's possible to buy just the halo setting online and get a jeweler to set my stone in it, I guess it would be tricky but not impossible?

I live in Australia, and halo settings are hard to come by, most jewelery stores I visit only have one or two halo type settings in stock, and none are quite what I am looking for.. Most of them are the quite older / antique / chunky halo styles..

Thanks again everyone, this site is amazing! So many beautiful rings posted and great advice, it's just soooo hard for me to pick one!! :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results