shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo ring as RHR?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a .75 stone sitting in my jewelry box, waiting to be set into something. I was thinking I could make it into a halo ring, but a RHR. Will this look OK? I know that many people use the halo setting for their ering, but I haven''t seen any RHR around except with colored stones.

TIA!
emteeth.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I think that would be very beautiful. Great idea. Kaleigh''s asscher was for a RHR, and it has a halo.

shay

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
oooh - that sounds liek a very nice iea - you could even make it a 3 stone halo with color sides - like the ritani 3 stone halo w/ sapphires - then it would look less "engagementy".
Good luck!!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I plan to make a halo RHR ring too! In fact, I''m heading out in about an hour to check out some stones.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess it's time for me to call WF then! It was either the halo ring or a matching .75 for earrings. I called the vendor this morning to see if they could get a matching stone.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Halos have been around a long time -- my aunt used to call them "ballarinas" because they were like a tutu around the center stone. Hers was an emerald, I think, and had diamonds around it and she wore it on her right hand. I think it would be very nice.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great. I did one for my asscher and my asscher is .92.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think halos make a great RHR. But 1.5 tw earrings would be nice too. So many choices. Keep us updated!

lili

Ideal_Rock
How about a halo pendant?
If I recall correctly, you have a 3-stone RB RHR and a huge RB for your engagement.
3/4 is a pretty substantial size and when you factor in the halo, that ring is going to look humungous.
Personally I think that would take away some attention from your engagement ring.
If it were some other shape, I'd go for it (but then that's just me).

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lili, a halo pendant sounds like a good idea. The 3 stone RB that I had went to my mom, I added a couple more stones and now it''s her 5 stone ring.

I was thinking of wearing the halo RHR on days when I only wear a band. I must be crazy because I''m seriously considering getting an eternity band with .15 for my ring finger. Not to wear with ering of course, on days that are more casual for me.
Of course by hanging out on PS, nothing is casual!
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oooo, that would be so lovely.
I've seen ladies wearing those bigger stone eternity bands, and they are absolutely exquisite.
It's casual, but at the same time formal, if you know what I mean.
It's very low key, but you get so much bling.

Anyway, can't wait to see what your finished product is gong to be.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think I would lean towards the earrings, then the pendent, and then the ring. Earrings can be worn everyday and studs look perfect with everything from a t-shirt to evening wear. A diamond pendent with or with out a halo could also be worn daily and look very spiffy. Though a ring would certainly not be a bad option by any means.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Luckyhonu, are you from Hawaii? I like your username. I''m from Honolulu.

I think whatever you choose to put your diamond in, whether it''s a diamond halo pendant or RHR or earrings, it''ll be fab!
36.gif
That''s a good size stone and will have a lot of presence and even more so with a halo. I have half carat studs on each ear and I think they''re a good size, so if you use your diamond to make stud earrings, they'' will definitely stand out! 1.5ctw studs IMO are huge! Good huge!
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
1.5 ctw studs.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
A halo pendant would be nice too, but if you don''t have studs already, that would be something you could definitely wear daily.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Leila, actually my FI is from Hawaii (Honolulu) but we live here in the Bay Area. I'm actually going to Hawaii for Thanksgiving! You're going to have your upgrade by then, right?
emteeth.gif
I'm going there for last minute details for our wedding next year at the Halekulani.

I *might* get the studs, I already have a pair of 1.2tcw, but I can get the .75 for my mom
....then I can start my eternity ring project!

Decisions, decisions.....

hopefulheidi

Shiny_Rock
I had an old 1/3 ct RB reset into a RHR complete with halo. So far no one has confused it for an engagement ring and I have really really enjoyed wearing it. There''s nothing wrong with such a setting in my opinion.

heidirighthandring.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet, thoughtful daughter you are to get your mom diamond jewelry! Moms are the best!

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday here in Hawaii and all your wedding plans go smoothly. I''ve been to Halekulani for weddings in the past, it''s a very nice place! Congratulations on your engagement and for also snagging a Hawaii boy!
9.gif
My husband is a local boy too.

Yeah, hopefully I will get my ring by Thanksgiving. Long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results