shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAD

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to add a halo without changing the whole setting?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes, but it won''t be cheap usually. Do you have a picture of your current setting? Especially from the side?

LAD

Rough_Rock
Here is a link to photos. I don''t know if they''ll help since none of them really show the profile. The head is a 4 prong low profile. I was hoping maybe they could just put a new head on and reset my diamond. Anyway, I''d rather have a 2 carat stone but not in the cards right now.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-got-my-princess.106562/

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring set you have! I would call up one of the vendors and ask. I wanted a 2ct too but it wasn''t going to happen so I got a halo around my stone and it made the ring look exactly as I had hoped. GL and let us know!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring just the way it is. Since JA is familiar with the setting you ought to ask them. Do you really like halos or are you trying to make your center stone appear larger? The cost of the halo could be put towards a larger stone, too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that by the time the labour cost involved is added, it'll probably cost as much if not more than a setting with a halo already built in. Remember that it'll have to be built around your solitaire and there's design considerations with regards to the existing diamond on the band, so it might be a semi-custom work.

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I guess it could be possible? (unless its an eternity perhaps)-- I had a ring, kinda like yours-- I wanted to add a bezel (replacing 4-prong)
they basically cut the ring down the middle-under the prongs, opened it up for a basket (took extra metal from the back of the shank.. it wasn''t an eternity) and welded the bezel basket in

I think yours will be more difficult -obv. because it involves diamonds, but also because you''ll probably want the halo to mimic the pave on the shank of the ring.. (could be difficult to recreate- without looking weird)
It really might be easier to get a new setting

If you do decide to alter (if its possible)-- I would email several vendors -- for me- some said it would cost about as much just to construct an entire ring from scratch.. others quoted 1/4 of this price

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your current set is so pretty, are you sure you want to?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your current set is beautiful. To add a halo, I''d go ask a talented benchman if it can (structurally) be done. But I wouldn''t be surprised to find out that purchasing a new setting ends up more cost effective than modifying your current one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results