shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo question? White or Yellow.....hmmmmmm

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I am thinking about a reset for a radiant yellow sapphire. Just wondering if I should use white or yellow diamonds for the halo? Comments, suggestions or pics would be great!!!
35.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say white for the contrast...make the yellow look more yellow.

Got any pics where we can see the stone?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''ll play Devil''s Advocate to TyTy and say yellow all the way - I actually think the matching halo plays up the color a lot more than the contrast ever does! But I''ll second the pic query. :)

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Yellow Sapphire.\

sorry so large....

RCYS.jpg

impatiently_waiting

Rough_Rock
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php?d=4453&shape=1&color=8192&resultsColumns=268435471&singleResult=1

I realize this is no where near a perfect representation of what you are looking for, but I thought it might be able to give you some good ideas.

I really like that this ring has the white and yellow gold combination. If you were to do the head of the setting in yellow gold, I think the white diamonds look spectacular.

You didn''t mention what metal you were planning on using, would you mind telling us?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I had in mind for the reset!
31.gif

64B182.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 8:50:48 AM
Author: impatiently_waiting
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond.php?d=4453&shape=1&color=8192&resultsColumns=268435471&singleResult=1

I realize this is no where near a perfect representation of what you are looking for, but I thought it might be able to give you some good ideas.

I really like that this ring has the white and yellow gold combination. If you were to do the head of the setting in yellow gold, I think the white diamonds look spectacular.

You didn''t mention what metal you were planning on using, would you mind telling us?
I will probably do the ring in 18 kt white/ yellow combination.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote white diamonds, firstly because I love the contrast between the white and yellow and secondly, it''s hard to match the yellow mele stones and it can look funny if the colors are off.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 10:47:19 AM
Author: Catmom
I vote white diamonds, firstly because I love the contrast between the white and yellow and secondly, it''s hard to match the yellow mele stones and it can look funny if the colors are off.
Michelle...you must have ESP...I was just looking at pics of your ring and thinking I would send you a message. Thanks for your response. BTW, do you have any colored stones that have matching halo''s in your collection?

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Oooooo your reset plan is bling-alicious!

I''m not help on the color issue. I can see how matching the small stones might be hard, but MAN does that setting look good as pictured.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 10:52:20 AM
Author: Taylorbug!

Michelle...you must have ESP...I was just looking at pics of your ring and thinking I would send you a message. Thanks for your response. BTW, do you have any colored stones that have matching halo''s in your collection?
LOL, it must be ESP. I don''t have any rings with matching halos mainly because I want the contrast to highlight the center stone and not make it look like I was trying to make the center stone appear larger. I do have a ring with a yellow halo however. It used to have a white diamond in it but now has a pink spinel. The stones are FY in the halo and have a little bit of a green hue to them. I don''t think that halo would look good with a yellow center stone at all.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
prob not what you want to hear, but GAWD - is it ever perfect AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 11:27:40 AM
Author: motownmama
prob not what you want to hear, but GAWD - is it ever perfect AS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes ditto for me as well I really like your current ring. Elegant, refined, understated beauty.
Sometimes you don't have to be a Blingasaurus!
31.gif

Radiants are a modern cut to me they look a little off in antique settings with millgrain.
Just one subjective opinion for what its worth.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Exactly, my feeling.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2010 8:50:13 AM
Author: Taylorbug!
Here is the Yellow Sapphire.

sorry so large....
Your sapphire is a very yellow yellow - as in, even if it was by itself it would just look yellow, it doesn't need a yellow halo to help saturate the colour. I would be very careful choosing matching diamonds if you go with a yellow diamond halo - make sure the halo diamonds aren't darker/have different undertones, and that they don't clash with the sapphire.

Oooh have you thought of a light yellow halo, perhaps? So that you've got the vivid yellow radiant, then a row of paler yellow diamonds in the halo, then white sidestones, in a gradient?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me I wouldn''t do white... but I wouldn''t be exactly matchy - If it was a light yellow I would have a dark (maybe slightly orangeish) halo, and if it was a dark yellow stone I would have light yellow but not white halo. Enough to have contrast but with a bit more interest than a standard circle of diamonds.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about like peridot?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results