shape
carat
color
clarity

halo engagement ring

gulnari

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am looking for a halo engagement ring for my sweetie. I am hoping to find something similar to this beauty I found here on pricescope:

**edited by moderator. please upload photos to forum directly**

I am hoping for a center diamond in the 0.5-0.7 carat range and under $4k.

I am new to this forum and would greatly appreciate your suggestions!

Vlad

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an asscher in a Leon Mege setting (BIG $$$) but we can see what we can find that is similar in your budget.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have to be an asscher or can it be a princess or another square stone?

Here are some asschers on JA...I havent looked at them close but wanted to link them for you.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1379110.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VVS1-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1177825.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1373861.asp
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/E-VS1-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1371672.asp

What is more important to you...the setting or the center stone. If its the setting then
it might be better to find something like it first then see whats left for the center stone.
If the center stone is more important than look for that first and find a simpler setting
to put it in.

gulnari

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your help. The setting is more important, particularly the octagonal face. The fact that it is an asscher cut is incidental to me. I imagine that a round or princess cut could work. I also love the beautiful design of the underside of the ring I linked to, though it may be too intricate for my price range.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the setting is what you are after than I second that bev-k that EB pointed out. Bev-k rings are well may and very nice
quality. That Leon Mege setting that you like probably cost over $4k for the setting alone. You're not going to be able
to find his quality and beauty in a less expensive setting but I'm sure that we can find something that you will like.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

gulnari

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the help. There are some really interesting options here. I wonder, how does it work if I purchase the diamond and setting from separate vendors?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emma Parker & company set my stone with the setting I chose and he didn't charge me. I loved working with Tim he was so patient and I was a total pest.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gulnari|1306806590|2934177 said:
Thank you so much for the help. There are some really interesting options here. I wonder, how does it work if I purchase the diamond and setting from separate vendors?

If both are PS vendors the vendor you are buying the stone from can send it to the vendor you are buying the setting from. I would recommend buying the setting and stone at the same place if at all possible. It's just easier and less of a hassle with shipping etc. But, it's been done many times so it's certainly not uncharted territory.

gulnari

Rough_Rock
Would anyone be able to comment on this setting I found online?

**edited by moderator. please upload to forum directly to comply with policies**

It is from ethanlord. Also, is palladium an attractive and durable alternative to platinum/white gold?

frosted

Rough_Rock
You might also check out TIffany's. Their new soleste is a good deal. Something around .5 carats will be in the $4000-5000 range, it still has a squarish look/shape, and with the double halo it offer lots of finger coverage.

Best thing, it's a Tiffany's . . . and, let's say you feel the need for a larger size in the next few years and/or come into more money, you can use their one time upgrade policy.

Check it out!

Jun%2011-153.jpg

Jun%2011-139.jpg

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
gulnari|1306959057|2935600 said:
Would anyone be able to comment on this setting I found online?

**edited by moderator. please upload to forum directly to comply with policies**

It is from ethanlord. Also, is palladium an attractive and durable alternative to platinum/white gold?
I am not a fan of palladium. At. All.

Go for at least white gold vs. palladium--that is my opinion.

hr1978

Rough_Rock
I am not a fan of palladium. At. All.
Just curious... what are your complaints w/ Palladium?

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
My Verragio halo ring was palladium and I never had any problems with it. I also like the fact that it costs less than platinum and never needs rhodium plating like gold. Some jewelers do not like to work with it because it can be more difficult to work with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results