shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Asscher by Quest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cagey

Rough_Rock

After a few years of longing and months of design research, I can come out of lurkdom and post my ring!

FIRST: the stats:

square emerald/Asscher
.92 c
I/VS1
Girdle: thick
Polish: Good
Symmetry: VG
Flor: none

l: 5.52mm
w: 5.47mm
depth 3.61

depth perc: 66%
Table perc 63%
(sorry, dont have the crown percentage)
Girdle: thick
Clarity: VS1
Color: I
Polish: Good
Symmetry: VG
Flor: none

++++

setting: 70 RB 1.3-1.4mm, total weight of .66 ct
size: 5 1/4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Story:

I''ve always liked the halo-look, and longed for an asscher since the first time I saw one. Through Pricescope (and, primarily, through Kaleigh''s posts!) I found Quest, who were about an hour''s drive away. I called Pete and explained what I was thinking about, but didn''t have a loose stone. I know that most PS''ers go through GOG, WF or JA for their asschers, but after talking to Pete, decided to give him a ''try'' to find a stone. I emailed him my ''requirements'' and he called in a handful of stones for me to look at, and picked one! It was so scary to actually ''decide'' on one, and had to squash the thoughts of ''maybe there''s a better one out there...'' (please tell me that I''m not the only one who went through this!!)

Onto the setting: I took inspiration from the Tiffany Legacy, Kaleigh''s asscher, Daniel K halo setting, and prv''s Jubilee. I wanted it to be able to be work flush w/ my WR, so no side pave and no ''surprise diamond'' (not a huge fan of those anyway). I looked at some of Pete''s work in person (and *swoon* was even more confident in my decision to go with them!!) and he made a few more design suggestions. A few weeks later, got the CADD images, and a few days later after that, it was done!

Now that I''ve got it, I''m very pleased. The detail of the milligraining is amazing ,and the pave is set nearly invisibly and smooth as can be. I was a little concerned about the size of the bezel from the photos, but in person, it works perfectly and is angled away from the center stone so that it acts as almost an airline to distinquish the center from the pave halo.

Thoughts now that i have it:

I''m upgrading from a .30 ct Antique tiffany solitaire with a tiny thin band, so my new ring is HUGE on me and feels really thick and heavy. At one point on the first day of wearing it, I briefly contemplated if I made the wrong decision in having a halo and if I should have gone with a more simple prong setting.......but nahhhh...that thought didn''t last long

25.gif
Its also so shiny that I almost think its fake! I think I''ll feel less this way once the platinum oxidizes a bit...I was also prepared for a) ''asscher shrinkage'' and b) asscher flatness as compared to a RB. Happily, both assumptions were unfounded. I''m really surprised at how sparkley an asscher can be, even in dead office overhead florescent lights (elevator spot lighting makes it explode!)

funny side note: when I called this in for insurance and they read it back to me, the woman said, "the measurements are 5.52cm by 5.47 cm" Um, I WISH!!!!! I think an asscher of that size would be on the evening news :razz:

SO finally, just a thanks to all of the PS''ers who post pics and details so that those of us who have the ''itch'' go in prepared and armed with knowledge!

pics to follow!

questfront.JPG

cagey

Rough_Rock
another shot by Quest

questperspective.JPG

cagey

Rough_Rock
showing the gallery

questprofile.JPG

cagey

Rough_Rock
one more before handshots!

questside.JPG

cagey

Rough_Rock
Handshot w/ no w-ring

handshot_solo.jpg

cagey

Rough_Rock
with wedding band -- I''ve never been a ''matchy'' person, and am really pleased with the way the two look together.

handshot_front_we.jpg

cagey

Rough_Rock
Last one!!

handshotangle_wr.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It's a dreamboat for sure! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!!!! I am actually heading down to Quest tomorrow to talk to them about redesigning my ring - I''m so excited to go now after seeing how gorgeous your ring is!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
ohhhh very yummmy looks amazing :) the set plays off each nicely without being matchy matchy :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It''s gorgeous and I love it with your wedding band. So glad my ring was of help to you.
30.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2007 11:28:27 AM
Author: cagey
Last one!!
Oh no you don''t. You can''t flounce in here with a halo''d Asscher from Quest no less, post a mere handful of pics and leave.
11.gif
Unless.....you''re out taking more shots. You know, flowers, close ups, etc. THEN, that would be ok.
2.gif

Just beautiful! And isn''t Pete a sweetie? I''ve only worked with him on a repair, long distance. I can''t imagine being lucky enough to go there in person. He did a great job, on mine, and yours!

Now, where''s those other shots miss??

Lv2shopp

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it is gorgeous and looks lovely on your hand!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love it, it is gorgeous on your hand.

Linda

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!! I love the angle of the halo!

It is true perfection!! Congratulations!!!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Looks great - especially on your hand! Congrats!!

cagey

Rough_Rock
vespergirl you won't be dissappointed! Pete is really easy to work with and the quality of the work speaks for itself. I was verrry nervous that I couldnt find anyone who could do work of this calliber other than Leon. I can't wait for my 'jewelry savings' to build up again and work with them again!

kaleigh: you can't imagine how happy I was when I found out that Quest, a local jeweler no less!, made your ring! I dont know if I could have gone through with it without seeing something in person. My husband initially said "wont she be mad that she's copied her ring?" to which I replied, "no, its inspired by, and she's a PS'er...all they do is copy bits of other's jewelry!"
25.gif

ellen: I'll see what I can do with other shots! Not many flowers left blooming around here, but I might be able to find some nice fall leaves! I realized that I do need to do an 'underside' shot

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! That looks amazing! And I love your wedding ring - they do go very well together.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my, that''s gorgeous! more pics, more pics!!!!
31.gif
30.gif

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL ring! I love it with your wedding band too.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, It''s absolutely gorgeous and I especially love the side shots!! Congrats on a beautiful ring!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I love your rings!!!!! Great job!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous asscher and halo...just gorgeous!!!
30.gif
And I love the non-matchy wedding band as well. Please, please, please post more pics for us!!!

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

I love looking and reading about work by Quest. My FI and I are seriously considering going to them to have our wedding bands made.

Enjoy your ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning, and I love the two together. Congrats on your beauty!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
it! I especially like the way the halo was done with the extra lines if you KWIM? Congrats, it''s beautiful.

a

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful!
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! It''s a great size on you and I like it with your wedding band, too. Only one problem: we need more pictures!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results