shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloway, cut angles and Jeweler

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fast lane

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
Just wanted to start by saying thank you all for the great information that has been written on both this forum and site. Keep it up.
I am a bit confused by the Halloway Cut Advisor scores. Do they correlate with the pictoral/ graphical representation of Brillant TIC and Fiery Ideal diamonds. I assume that stones with larger Table % are going to be more brillant while stones with smaller table % are going to be more fiery. How is a diamond that scores 1 different from a .5?
Another area that I could use some clarification on is cut angles. If you select a range of depth and table %'s can you match that with a range of Crown and Pavillion angles in order to arrive at a Halloway score. (For example, if you wanted a stone that scored 1.5 or less on the Halloway and you wanted a stone with a 59 - 61 % Table and 58- 61 % depth could you select a range of Crown and Pavillion angles that would allow this?)
Lastly does anyone out there know of a quality jeweler in the Albany, NY area? I like the idea of buying a stone online, but would really prefer to find a jeweler where I could take my to be fiance to see and select a setting.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will see what I can do to answer your complex questions.

>>>
read this http://www.diamond-cut.com.au/09_brill.htm

>>
It is a bit more than just that. You can read more on the other chapters on the link I gave you.

>>
Table and depth % are not easy to use since you must also allow for girdle thicknes and culet size and all sorts of things. You need a computer brain to do this. We have discussed putting together a search criteria that would narrow down likely good performing stones based on T/D parameters and all these other factors. But if we did we would charge you to use it.
QUESTION - Would you pay $20 for a 1 month subscription?

>> Sorry, but if you are ever in Melbourne Australia, drop in :)

Fast lane

Rough_Rock
Cut Rock,
Thanks for the input, there is still so much to learn. I would be interested in a service where I could test stones - a month subsricbition is about right and $20 dollars is certainly fair particularily if I could find a beautiful stone that was outside the current "ideal tolerances". Not sure if your average internet buyer/user would be though, as I would think they are looking for the best value or free information. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results