shape
carat
color
clarity

Hallmark on a "vintage" Blue Zircon Ring

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I collect natural Zircon (my birthstone) in various colors and couldn't pass up this unique design when I stumbled across it online. It's a 14K gold ring with pink grape clusters and four gold leaves that serve as prongs on a 6.5mm round natural Blue Zircon. It was described by the jeweler (U.S. based) only as "vintage". It has a Black Hills Gold appearance; however, I have personally never seen one with genuine Blue Zircon or with two colors of gold rather than tri-tone. (This ring doesn't have any green gold.) In addition, the BHG I have seen is 10K not 14K. The seller estimated the ring to be roughly 25 years old but I would guess older based on these observations?

There appears to be a hallmark bordered on either side by triangles/arrows and the letters "FFF". Anybody familiar with this hallmark?

Many thanks in advance :).

IMG_7543_BLUEZIRCON_GRAPELEAVES_RING_HALLMARK.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7538_BLUEZIRCON_GRAPELEAVES_RING.jpeg
    IMG_7538_BLUEZIRCON_GRAPELEAVES_RING.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really pretty!
It does look like Black Hills Gold, but I've never seen that FFF mark before.

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Here you go.

BA50AE2A-F6EE-46C8-AF2F-9D8C975BD631.jpeg

Thank you! I love it when a jewelry mystery is solved!

I found the following additional information on a blog:

"F & F Felger Jewelry Company was an East Coast jewelry design house. Known for their fine craftsmanship, they supplied jewelry to companies such as Tiffany & Co. and Cartier from the 1920s all the way through to the mid-century. Their hallmark appears as “<FFF>”. We find that their pieces, always well made from the finest materials, have a certain character, wit or charm to them. Appreciated by the discerning collector, we anticipate that the prices of F&F Felger will increase significantly within the next five years. We are thrilled to have several F&F Felger pieces on offer below."

:)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results