carat
color
clarity

Hallmark Identification

jocaruana

Rough_Rock
Screenshot_20190303-212657_Gallery.jpg 20190302_192213.jpg 20190302_195905.jpg
Hi there,

I have just been given this beautiful vintage diamond ring by my fiancee and was wondering if anyone recognised this hallmark, or might be able to date the ring? It also says '57' on it - what could that be? - and what seems to be the word 'PLAT' - pls see picture.
Picture_20191503091547.jpg

Thanks so much! Jo

sl10irid90plat

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this site but try this url if you haven't already https://www.langantiques.com/aju/?listpage=5&instance=1#participants
It's how I found the manufacturer for my ring now I just haven't been able to find out any info on the company. Try to see if you can identify any other symbols, numbers, etc.
PLAT typically stands for platinum but the ring appears to be yellow gold, so I'm not sure but that website was really helpful in figuring out the manufacturer of my estate art deco ring.
I noticed there appears to be a 10 in the stamp I'm no expert but 10 90 or 100 900 are used in platinum grading, meaning 10 iridium or other minerals to 90 platinum and it does appear the setting could be a different metal than the band. If it is referring to platinum then it's older than 1973 because after 73 the Hallmark couldn't state Platinum at less than 5 to 95 Platinum.
Or I could be completely wrong Hallmarks were pretty hit and miss prior to 73 but lots of luck, it's a beautiful ring.

jocaruana

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much - much appreciated. No luck on that site, but we'll keep looking :)

sl10irid90plat

Rough_Rock
so I did a little more research and found this http://www.ravijewellers.lk
Apparently there's a Ravi Jewellers from Sri Lanka that maybe why nothing's showing up in the Hallmark databases and the color of the gold and texture of the stamp looks Indian, unfortunately I can't find any images of thier ring Hallmarks/stamps so I wasn't able to verify anything. I thought maybe you could give them a call or I believe there's an FB page you could post a question on.
Really I'm not obsessed with your ring or anything it's just I'm trying to get some history on a vintage ring of mine that I just discovered was actually platinum rather than white gold, is vintage and from an obscure 1950's company that I'm having a really hard time finding any history on. I'm so curious about it now it's killing me, so if you're half as curious as I am it's gotta be making you nuts haha.
Let me know if you do find anything on it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results