shape
carat
color
clarity

Haircut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Okay- So what do you think?
I am trying to decide on my hair.
I am bored with the side part and want something a little sassy.
Do you think I could pull something like this bangy look off (long and swooped to the side).
I am by no means as cute as Ashley Olsen, but we both have shorter foreheads and angular jaws (my cheeks are fuller, and nose is muy grande), but you get the idea.
I want to keep it long, but for it to have more of a style that reflects "style" while still being young. I also like the romantic look that this cut has. It pairs well with long haphazard curls. Which I want to experiment with.
What are your thoughts???

Janna & Ashley.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa- okay- that was WAY too big of a picture of myself. Sorry about that!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...and ok, you're totally cuter than her. She's bug eyed.

I think you would look great with long bangs...That's a great look...Although I must warn you- have you ever had bangs before? LOL... Bangs + humidity or bangs + wind = trouble LOL
I've had bangs nearly all my life...it's an uphill struggle to keep those sucker in place LOL...Although my hair absorbs all humidity ... totally sucks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s no humidity in California, silly MMM!!!

Jorman you are too cute...
5.gif
You have such that smooth girl next door look.

I think you would look fab with long bangs but I agree...if you have no yet had bangs...it''s kind of a different THING and takes a bit to get used to. I have a longish bang now but for a while I didn''t at all and after I got them cut for a while they irritated the heck out of me and I kept trying to sweep them behind my ear but they were *just* too short.

That said, I have a fab hairdresser if you want her card...hehehe. I''ve had her for 9 months after my old stylist of a few years stopped coming down here (she lives in Tracy which is about an hour away). She does great color highlights as well.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t had bangs since I was a child, but I have good hair. Not frizzy and almost always slick and straight. I also have a lot of hair.I think i will like it and worst case- it will grow out.

I think I might go for it. :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lightening the weight on top by much layering might get you that sassy look you want--I have always had all one length heavy hair and I found that made a difference. As for a bang, I like what it did for movement, but once it was cut a little too short and was always hanging in my face--so when it grew enough to tuck behind my ear--it was great. Good luck! Anything will look good on a cutie like you!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also you should get a curling iron, one of the big fat ones...I love it when I had longer hair and it would do large soft curls with it...it was fun!!!! Esp if you want the look more like Ashley. Oh and since you have long thick hair vs her thin hair (those two girls have super thin fine looking hair) keep in mind that your hair may need some layers cut into it, mine is the same way. I have thick horse hair.
9.gif
I would curl my hair in the mornings and it would be fab and then by noon it would be all flat and straight again. Sheesh.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks gals!
I have a big iron, but I think I need one with ceramic coating so it heats better.
Hmmm....styling supply shopping...YIPPEEE!
Do you think I should go lighter blonde or keep the honey color I have? I think the golden is a better compliment to my skin tone, but you guys are the experts.

Mara, you have that fabulous thick shiny hair that people get extensions for. It is beautiful (yeah- i know it was up in a pony tail, but i could tell)

I probably won''t get the cut for a few weeks because of plans for out of town and evening events, but once i do. I will post pics.

Mara- e-mail me your girl info.
I have 2 recommendations- 1 in Santana Row and one in Campbell.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your color for summer, but you could get some slightly darker blonde tones and a few light browns for fall to mix it up. I love doing seasonal hair. I got reddish blondes for fall already.
9.gif

Is the one in Campbell for Salon Rache? Thats where I go and they have fab stylists!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
The under color of my hair is 2 shades darker than the top colors. I think for fall I will go deeper underneath and pull my natural color in with the upper highlights.
I just want it to be crisp and clean- no orangey brassiness here!

The salon recommended is Palazzi on Campbell Ave.
3 women in my office go there.
I might try yours. How are they priced for color?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"There's no humidity in California, silly MMM!!!"

NOTE TO SELF. MOVE TO CA. Maybe then I won't have 80's wings every day in august. it's NOT pretty.

Someone pm Ana...that would be a rip to see her superimpose the bangs on your pic!

If you get them and you bug them, wear it down with a little tiny clip just holding the bangs. I love that look!!

p.s. DAMN YOU THICK STRAIGHT HAIR'D GIRLS. DAMN YOU ALL TO HECK.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
whatever- sometimes it really sucks to have the thick straight hair. To give mine any "curl" which is really a slight understated "flip" I have to condition like a mad woman, blow dry (all the way) curl and velcro roll. Still, by the end of the day my "flip" is a flop. Totally bites. It''s you wavy/curly haired girls that had it totally made. Your hair will do anything.
So damn you!!!! Damn you to He double hockey sticks!

-Janna

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...My hair is fine and straight when I give it a super quick blow dry or comb it after it dries. If I let it air dry, it's wavy, but only half ass waves LOL... And when there is .0000001 humidity, it just takes on a life of its own LOL...So here's a Darn You coming right back at ya! LOL...

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
MMM- you totally crack me up!
How is that Marc Jacobs bag coming? Did your hubby promise revenge or snipping of le credit card?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe
11.gif

It's good! ...Marc is home resting... I've got the new pink and black gucci on today hehehehehehe
11.gif
I must be stopped.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
But the question is...do you have the matching gucci shoes?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...No!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
jorman, you are too cute! if you are thinking of changing your hairstyle, you should try www.thehairstyler.com for $14.95 you get access to all of the hairstyles for 6months and you can upload your own photo to see how each would look. it's fun to play with and you really get a good idea of which styles look best for your face shape.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Jorman - you are a cutie!

I really like your hair the way it is! Maybe layer it up a bit, but I wouldn''t do Ashley''s hair.

I had my hair cut like hers once. Let me tell you, it was the hardest style in the world to maintain! I have some slight curl to my hair and it is on the fine side, so not the best for styling, but if I didn''t completely dry it with the hairdryer and use the brush to try to get a little height on the top, AND tease it slightly, AND use hairspray, the bangs just flopped in my face. They were too short to tuck behind my ears so for weeks I used a small barette to keep them out of my eyes. It was a very annoying style!

I think you can do the haphazard curls without majorly changing the style of your hair. I too think changing the color (i.e. darking the underlayer more) might be enough to change the style for you.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
MMM- You know you want these-they are calling your name. "buy me! buy me!"
Hee Hee!

pink and black gucci.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- Those are beautiful...but there is NO way these fred flintstone feet would ever squeeze in there....together with the fact that I'm 5'10" on a short day slouching, I'd be what? 6'2" in those? Yeah, you can already see me coming from a mile away, I like to "blend" as much as I can LOL... I truly do covet those beautiful shoes...more like farty flats for me ..

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
More like these...ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I'm SOOOOOOOOO just kidding. I googled "comfort walking shoes" and these came up. Would you believe they are $340? And womens' shoes? OMG I'm wetting my pants over here over these LOL...too funny

walkingshoeswalking.jpg

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 8:06:53 PM
Author: moremoremore
More like these...ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I''m SOOOOOOOOO just kidding. I googled ''comfort walking shoes'' and these came up. Would you believe they are $340? And womens'' shoes? OMG I''m wetting my pants over here over these LOL...too funny
Do they come with a walker and a package of depends?
YUCK!
My grandPA wears shoes like those. SAS to be exact. Too funny!
You are TALL! I would LOVE to be that tall. I am just plain ole average 5''6".
Janna the completely boring all american all the way around. I would love to be tall and exotic like miss Mara.
15.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Your hair is beautiful and I think the perfect addition would be some layers around your face to give you some framing. My hair is a bit swoopy, but not as much as Mary Kate''s and it stays okay after I style it with a flat iron (creating a wave with it) and then adding a bit of pomade - just a tiny bit. Even as a semi-swoop, my hair constantly gets in my face, so mostly, if I''m doing any activity where my face is angled downward, I clip it back with bobby pins, placing these under locks of hair so they can''t be seen.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 1:06:22 PM
Author: jorman
Thanks gals!
I have a big iron, but I think I need one with ceramic coating so it heats better.
Hmmm....styling supply shopping...YIPPEEE!
Can you find a solid ceramic iron locally? These are suppose to work better and last longer!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Where can I find one? At a beauty supply store or something??
Thanks for the advice.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The one I found was at a beauty supply store, but it took three stores before finding it, so you may want to call around first. Price was only $100-120!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 8:02:44 PM
Author: moremoremore

together with the fact that I''m 5''10'' on a short day slouching, I''d be what? 6''2'' in those?
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.......I hate you! Truly. *SIGH*
30.gif
31.gif
9.gif

I''m 5''4".....and I would KILL to be taller. Tall women just look SO statuesque. If I got anywhere NEAR 5''10", I''d be SURE to put myself into serious heels and top 6 feet.

Hair, height.....I guess we ALL want what we don''t have, huh?
2.gif

HOWEVER......you CAN have those shoes.
2.gif
31.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
5'10-5'11 BOTH WAYS rotfl! So in 3 inch heels I feel like a giant egg coming at you in stilettos lol (ok, maybe it's not *that* bad...) But I couldn't even walk in them if I tried. Oh yeah, and I'm SURE they come in a size 11!!!!!
20.gif
Yes, that's right ladies, just like princess di and paris hilton LOL... That just drives the men crazy LOL

Oh, to be the cute little runt!

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
MMM- You are too funny!
You can too have those shoes.
You know why? Because you are good enough, smart enough and gosh darnit- people like you!
I couldn''t resist!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results