shape
carat
color
clarity

hair trial: my favorite choice is FI''s least favorite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
well #5 was my favorite at first glance. clearly it won''t be QUITE so messy on your wedding day as it was when the stylist was going through and quickly trying different styles, so i disagree that you shouldn''t go with the last one just because these pictures look messy. of course on the actual day of the wedding it won''t be as messy as when she''s just playing around with your hair.

but, looking again i really like #3 because of the fact that it makes your neck look so long and pretty. i also like it because there is a little more height on top. i think having your hair up off your neck will make you look a bit taller too, since more long neck is exposed.

have you called about that dress yet???

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I guess your FI and I have the same taste in hairstyles. #1 gets my vote.
1.gif

I actually picked #5 as my favorite too, even before I scrolled down and saw that it was your fave! I totally agree with what Kara noted, in that when it is done this way for real, it will not be quite as messy and loose. Your stylist did 5 different hairstyles all at the same time, which is different than doing just one hairstyle slowly and meticulously, and then using the proper finishing (spray, creme, etc). So i think FI will really love #5 (or any of them) once they are a bit neater, which they will be!

But honestly, I have to say that they all look quite lovely! So I don''t think you could go wrong. I love the floaty flower idea too! Any luck finding one anywhere?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''m probably not going to be an help, because I like the 1st and the 5th....ugh....

I agree that it would help to have a side photo of the 1st one to see how it looks, but I love the romantic look of it from the back.

I also like the side view of the last one though...so, sorry, I like both yours and your FI''s choices...
11.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, thanks to everyone for your opinions and help. This is great.

Date: 6/17/2008 7:37:34 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Here is brutal honesty:
Loose curls and dangling tendrils of hair look romantic, the one you like looks like you got your hair done the night before and slept on it. Truely, look at your inspiration pictures, none are even remotely that messy.
How about something more like these?
Well brazen, that''s what my FI thought too. And the fact that my bridesmaid also didn''t choose #5 helped me to realize that I should rethink this. I think I have a good sense of what looks good on me...and there are certain things that I won''t budge on. But this wedding hairstyle thing has got me all befuddled. I really need help on this.

I liked the 3rd link you posted. But like Deco said, these types of hairstyles may work best only if one has highlights.

I am in the process of scheduling a 2nd trial with my stylist. Thanks again for your input.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Loves Vintage, I will indeed be wearing a veil, but only during the ceremony. So my stylist said that I have to pick a style that I like, since I will remove the veil after the ceremony. I prefer a silk flower because I like the idea of keeping it after the wedding and wearing it, "for old times sake." :)

Thank you for your help! I''m glad you think it''s pretty
5.gif
I think so too!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 8:03:50 PM
Author: swimmer
Your hair looks lovely. Mid Large gets my vote. Time, dancing, hugging everyone, cavorting, celebrating, more hugging. At the end of the party it will be loose and messy even if you started out Audrey Hepburn pulled back and neat as a pin. I just wonder if starting at messy...where is it going to go from there?
My concern exactly!!!!!!!

Maybe it will look like this...?

crazy_hair_2_CJ.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
merci beaucoup Miranda! You are easy to please! Please come to my wedding.
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 8:21:17 PM
Author: Sabine
Your FI''s favorite is my favorite too, but I think they all need to be neatened up a bit. Maybe if the loose pieces were actually curled a bit it would help the look go from messy messy to intentionally messy.
Hi sabine! Yes, we MUST neaten up the loose pieces. The stylist is going to help me trim those layers. Hopefully that will work?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 9:06:01 PM
Author: taovandel
I like the first one, the same one that your FF likes. It makes your neck look really long.
Thanks tao! If only I could find the side shots of option #1. I think it makes me look old! It''s a very formal style, which is the opposite of what I''m looking for. But at the same time, I don''t want something TOO informal, you know? So tough!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
sap, Sarah, cara - thanks for your input. What should I do?!! I totally agree that the style should look like something a "professional" put together, not my fiance (haha). Sigh. I will post more photos after I have my 2nd trial. Promise you''ll weigh in again?
2.gif

sarah, you know, it''s funny because I am also a neat freak when it comes to my hair. I have my long bangs pinned back everyday so it doesn''t get in my face. I have every hair neatly tucked into my bun or ponytail when it''s up. But I just lllllooooooooooooooooooooooove the messy bedhead look! But I am crazy, so what do I know?

sap, hmmm...if I can reconstruct this look on my own, maybe that says something right? hahaha...

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
aw SDL, thank you! I thought it was romantic and sexy. But I can also see why my fiance thinks it looks less than ideal for our wedding. I guess my everyday life (aka "work" life or "grownup" life) is so neat and "square" that I want my wedding style to be a reflection of the FUN part in me!

Does that make any sense?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
yay thanks for popping in kara! I have not called about the dress, but will tomorrow (aka today...as it is almost 4am in NY)! I''ve been so insanely busy at work that I haven''t had time to do anything fun.

The stylist did indeed say that it will look much better on wedding day, because the lighting will be better and it will be a fresh hairdo - instead of the 5th redo. And she''ll give my layers a little trim to make the loose strands look nicer.

Stay tuned...hopefully I''ll have better photos in a few weeks.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
thanks purrrrrrrfectpear. I bet you won''t think the same when I post the side shots. haha...I think it''s kinda
14.gif

Ok I found it. It''s totally embarrassing b/c I was not wearing any makeup that day (well ok, I don''t wear makeup most days...) and it was the grossest day in NYC. I swear it was about 500 degrees.

Side shot of option #1...high bun.

CJhighSide1b.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
yay all the Dora ladies agree! Thanks for your help FMPD. What''s new with the dress dilemma?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
miracles, I would have guessed you would choose #5 OVER #1 just because it''s so relaxed and carefree! Do you still like #1 after seeing the side shot?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i actually really love #5!! followed by #3....

at the end of the day, i agree with the those who said it wont look as ''messy'' on the day of the wedding, plus with makeup, jewelery, the dress, it will look a lot less messy..will u be wearing a veil? sorry if i missed out on that part....

at the end, i think u should go for wat YOU like...this is ur wedding day and when u look back at the pictures u dont want to be thinking ''i should have gone with xyz bun instead''...=) my 2 cents anyway...

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2008 3:44:26 AM
Author: CrownJewel
sap, Sarah, cara - thanks for your input. What should I do?!! I totally agree that the style should look like something a ''professional'' put together, not my fiance (haha). Sigh. I will post more photos after I have my 2nd trial. Promise you''ll weigh in again?
2.gif

sarah, you know, it''s funny because I am also a neat freak when it comes to my hair. I have my long bangs pinned back everyday so it doesn''t get in my face. I have every hair neatly tucked into my bun or ponytail when it''s up. But I just lllllooooooooooooooooooooooove the messy bedhead look! But I am crazy, so what do I know?

sap, hmmm...if I can reconstruct this look on my own, maybe that says something right? hahaha...

Haha you''re not crazy, maybe you want something different for your wedding which makes sense. I mean I wear my hair in a pony tail or with a headband every day, but on my wedding day I am planning an updo. I don''t do an updo every day, so that''s definitely different. But sure I''ll definitely be back for the second trial, I think it''ll be good to give it a second try!
5.gif
36.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I totally agree that you should be happy and confident with the way you look on your wedding day but don''t forget what you really want is to wow future hubby, right? It''s not about what the 200 people at your wedding think, it''s about the look on his face as you walk down that aisle. The day is about the two of you and I can''t think of anything more precious than to see his face light up at the sight of you. Personally I''d do my best to please the man I would be spending the rest of my life with. You have another 21,000 days to wear your hair anyway you like, but only 1 day to wow him
2.gif

I''m still a fan of #1 because you have a fabulous profile and your neck is so graceful. That, and the fact that I probably just have a preference for a classic Grace Kelly/Audrey Hepburn style.

You''ll be beautiful in any hairstyle
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I like option 3 better! Personally, I don''t think it''s your FI''s decision, but yours.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
#5! #5! #5! #5!

Seriously, its just beautiful on you! But, no matter what hairstyle you go with you will look absolutely gorgeous, the pictures prove that for sure!
30.gif

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one and the third one. I like high messy buns because they look formal without being too stuffy. I think yours looked just messy enough. And I like the third one too because...I dunno. it just appeals to me. the second and fourth one - one seemed too small and the other one just didn''t do it for me.

I like the fifth one too, but from the side maybe it''s a little too messy. But you said that the tendrils would be trimmed and neater so in that case it would be great. But I also love that style of low, big messy bun. But I think the first one is great too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to tell you CJ that I didn't vote yesterday because I couldn't pick a favorite. Instead I downloaded your pics as inspiration hairstyles.
4.gif

I still can't pick a favorite, so I'm really glad you're doing another trial.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I like #3 or #5!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results