shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair Pins

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Yay that''s the one that I liked too! Can you post pictures of your earrings too please?

You totally got me in trouble this morning, elrohwen. I was looking for sparkly hairpieces for you and all things sparkly are my weakness. I found something on Ebay that I''m going to bid on. I was like, man, I was looking for elrohwen, not meeee.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 10:19:46 AM
Author: Honey228
Yay that''s the one that I liked too! Can you post pictures of your earrings too please?

You totally got me in trouble this morning, elrohwen. I was looking for sparkly hairpieces for you and all things sparkly are my weakness. I found something on Ebay that I''m going to bid on. I was like, man, I was looking for elrohwen, not meeee.
Haha, this is why I tend to stay away from the shoe threads. I''m too worried I''ll cave and end up buying something for myself!!

I actually don''t have the earrings yet, I just saw them in a store near FMIL''s house and was planning to buy them when we visit in a few weeks. They''re very simple, just a marquise shape drop earring made of pave crystals (the shape of the metal is a marquise, it''s not a marquise stone). They''re not particularly antique-y or anything, so now I wonder if they''re a good choice. Hopefully my hair pin comes in before we visit FMIL so I can take it with me and make sure they look good together. I''m not into super matchy matchy, so as long as they don''t clash it''ll be ok.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Ha, I should stay out of shoe threads too. I can go a bit accessory crazy.

Well I would think that if you''re not going for a few weeks, then I would think that you should have your hair pin by then. It''d be nice to be able to try them on together to see if they work together and if it''s the right amount of bling for you. Although I''m sure that there are many who would argue that you can''t have too much bling.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the one you ended up buying! Cant wait to see it on you. As for the earrings, I''d suggest waiting for the pin to get to you. They dont have to be match-matchy, but you dont want it to clash either. Your pin makes a big statement, so your earrings should be understated.

It''s so much fun to be accessory shopping...and for a valid reason! Mr. Kama always shakes his head when I browsing jewelry etc, but now I just say ''oh it''s for the wedding, darling'' and he''s like ''ah, yes, makes sense''. Life is good!
31.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 9:59:13 AM
Author: elrohwen
After going through 167 pages of Etsy hair accessories, I decided to go for it and order this one:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20416775

I may find something I like better, but if I didn''t find anything better in 167 pages, hopefully it''s a relatively safe purchase
1.gif

Now I have to make sure the earrings that I liked will still go with it ...

LOVE IT!
30.gif
30.gif
And, I think that since it has the curved and straight design it leaves styling options completely open for your hair. Yay!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks honey228, kama, and katamari for your kind words
1.gif
I just showed a picture of it to FI and I was worried he would think it was weird or something (he sometimes surpises me with his opinion) but he loved it!
9.gif
My mom also loved it, which I''m happy about because she initially was not a fan of my dress choice (at least when she saw the model pictures) so I''m glad that she''s liking things as they come together.

Now I just need earrings and I''m all done accessorizing! Well, I wouldn''t be against a bracelet ... I do have a vintage one I was going to wear, but there''s nothing wrong with continuing to look
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results