shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair/makeup trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
So, I had my hair & makeup trial a couple of days ago. It went well - I liked the makeup and there were 2 hairstyles that were very nice. I also wanted to try a low bun (will post a few example photos) but I just don''t have enough hair so it looks funny. I was also really tired at this point...

What do you ladies think? Do you prefer the more glam with the side bang? Or the more sweet-romantic pulled back? Should I try to go back and do the low bun with some extensions (she offered to try again for free, I didn''t have the extensions with me...)

What about the makeup? I told her I wanted really natural, and even had her take a little bit off. But in the photos it looks much lighter than in person...

(before and after/glam)

Rz_02.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
After - Sweet/romantic

Rz_011.jpg

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Third style which we were unable to acheive...

rw5.jpg

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I like the "glam" style. The other one looks too "everyday."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I like the glam one too. But maybe less bang? What are you leaning towards?

booswim542

Shiny_Rock
I like the "glam" one for sure! So pretty!

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 7:09:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I think I like the glam one too. But maybe less bang? What are you leaning towards?
Ditto. I think a little less bang. Overall it looks nice though.

I really love wearing makeup and I like it to show "natrally" in pictures. However, my idea of "natural" in pictures is me actually wearing a lot more than my everyday.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The glam one - I think the other one looks a little too high school prom to be totally honest.

The makeup does look a bit light in the pics, I guess you need to decide which you prefer, a little more make-up that you would normally wear on the day and fabulous photos, or feel 100% comfortable with your makeup and look a little light on in the pics.

I am loving your hair though, you are very pretty, you will look stunning on the day. I am super jealous of your long hair!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm drawn more to #1, but I'm interested to see how the bun looks. You have the right kind of hair to do the soft romantic looks. I'm so jealous!!

edited to add-
I do think you need a bit more make up. Especially in the cheeks.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Love the glam hair of #1- it''s fabulous. #2 looks a little too "sweet" for me.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
The glam look......your hair is just beautiful!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
When you say "less bang" do you mean less hair out, or shorter bang? I am considering cutting off 2-3 inches so as to have "actual" bangs if I go with that style. It is actually just more like a short layer right now.

The bang in the first one and the hair mostly down in the second are there for purposes of concealing my sticking-out ear. That''s right, just ONE ear!

I think I was leaning more towards the second photo, mainly because that''s more like how I wear my hair normally. But, most people I show it to prefer the more "glam" look...

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
less bang means less hair in the bang hanging to the side. The bangs hanging down to the side are too thick, too much bang there, so pull a bit more of it back and have a thinner section of bangs hanging. i think the length is perfect.

I love both hairstyles - honestly - go with whichever you prefer, they both are great. Im thinking you really like #2.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:36:28 PM
Author: rockzilla
After - Sweet/romantic
I like the hair pulled back. LOVE the hair.

If I can be honest though... you look a little washed out. I would have her give you a little more color, bring out your cheek bones and define your eyebrows better.

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
I like the glam look as well but go with what makes you more comfortable and happy. Either looks is lovely.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I like the glam better between these two, but I think that I would like the romantic more with more and bouncy curls, especially once you add a veil. But, I think both look great.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I like the second ''romantic'' hair-do although I''d love to see a low bun on you.

I do think you need more colour, make-up wise. Is it possible to pair up the romantic hair with a bit more glam make-up or would that look odd?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I think I definitely need to amp up the makeup a bit so it shows in photos...

The makeup is actually exactly the same in both photos. I think it may look different due to angle/lighting.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 8:30:50 PM
Author: joflier
The glam look......your hair is just beautiful!
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results