shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair gurus--can you describe this cut and how to style--Jessica Alba

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for a change in my hair style and came across this picture of a Jessica Alba style that I like. I''m hoping one of you could tell me about this cut...where is the shortest layer, what hair type is best for it and how long would it take to style in the mornings?

I grew my hair long for my wedding in July 05. It is almost at bra strap level with very long layers and a few face framing layers. It is very colored...going from medium brown to level 7 blonde with highlights. My hair texture is wavy with some frizz. My front hair tends to be the most curly and less so in the back. It tends to be pretty flat near my scalp even with mousse etc. I don''t like to spend a lot of time on my hair in the morning. My biggest concerns would be getting the volume on the top and making bangs cooperate. I haven''t had bangs in 10 years.

My stylist suggested doing a shoulder length shag but I''ve done that before and am looking for something new. She also suggested doing a light perm to give my hair more volume. Not sure about that on top of hair color....Last perm I had was in 1989 and I have the triangle shaped spiral perm pics to scare me.

jessicaalba6.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
This was my hair in April 06 right when I got my braces. It's a bit lighter (color very close to Jessica Alba's in the above picture) and longer by about 3 inches now. The texture is what I get if I let my hair dry. My face looks a bit fat in this picture too...I've lost quite a bit of weight and I can really tell in my face too.

Excuse the silly braces look. They are hopefully coming off before Christmas.

Any other hair style suggestions appreciated.

image0011smallerApril06.jpg

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
defintitely teased /backcombed. can you tease backcomb yourself? there's a lot of hairspray too.

keep in mind that this is from a long hair
you have grown out your bangs, sure you want them again? hers are right at irritating level?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
LadyKemma---Thanks for your reply. You definitely hit my biggest concern on the bangs. Mine have been grown out for about 7 years now. I can back comb ok, but I know it''s not great for an everyday style...tough on hair. I just feel like I need a "style" to my hair...right now it just hangs and is somewhat curly but not curly enough and often frizzy. It''s very thin...I have fine hair and not much of it. Stylist thinks it needs to be closer to shoulder length to look healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results