shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair and Makeup trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
....and I''m ambivalent. I love the look, but regarding the hair: I keep remembering all the posts that speak of more structured styles holding better...but I really don''t like the look of anything more structured. I wonder if there''s a way to add structure to this, without making it look "structured" ?

HairmakeupTrial03052.jpg

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
More of the hair... What i love is that "loose"-ness...if that makes sense....

HairMakeupTrial03051.jpg

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
You''re . . . gorgeous. And the hair looks beautiful. And you''re gorgeous!
2.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
My hair, by nature, is straight. Very thick (but not at all ''coarse''...it''s quite soft, which makes it hard to work with sometimes) and very straight. In this shot, I have had the hair finished for a while. I was chatting with the MUA for a while after...

HairMakeupTrial03053.jpg

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:34:49 PM
Author: TheBigT
2.gif

THANK YOU! That''s so sweet!!! I felt like such a giant drag queen, LOL!!! I''m not the most makeup-oriented person at all...It also doesn''t help that I work from home doing bookkeeping type work at this point in my life. I kind of am one of those women who needs a kick in the @$$ to put on makeup and do my hair...LOL

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
wow! you are stunning. Very pretty!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous is right!!!

I love the looseness of the hair. It''s a look I''m contemplating for myself so I''m so glad you posted this!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!
36.gif

I think that style is perfect. As long as good styling tools and products are used, the style should hold or perhaps just loosen slightly through the evening. I also am not a fan of very structured styles; I like natural looking, flowing styles (hair should have movement IMHO). Your pictures are STUNNING!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
I think you look gorgeous! How did your hair hold up after you left? My hair doesn''t hold a curl so it starts going flat after an hour or so.

If you''re not getting married anywhere too windy, I think you have a great look!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
You look NOTHING like a drag queen (Or, if you look like a drag queen, I look like a potato). And you have particularly nice eyebrows! Just sayin''...

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about hair or makeup - haha I like to go "all natural" as you do! But just wanted to say that you look gorgeous here! I think both the hair and makeup look great! The hair is beautiful, and the makeup is just right - not overdone, but enhances you.
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
No clue about the structure, but you look gorgeous!! Is it ok if I use your picture to show my MUA? I''m wanting a sun kissed romantic look, and your make-up is exactly what I haven''t been able to find in ANY magazine!!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 2:36:55 PM
Author: meresal
No clue about the structure, but you look gorgeous!! Is it ok if I use your picture to show my MUA? I''m wanting a sun kissed romantic look, and your make-up is exactly what I haven''t been able to find in ANY magazine!!

Thank you so much...and yeah, totally..feel free to use any pic you want.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/6/2009 2:36:55 PM
Author: meresal

Ditto! You look stunning
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:58:17 PM
You look NOTHING like a drag queen (Or, if you look like a drag queen, I look like a potato). And you have particularly nice eyebrows! Just sayin''...
LMAO!!!! No kidding!!! Big Ditto here!!! Gosh Med, you''re absolutely stunning!!! I love the makeup, and I say, if you want your hair down and like that, go for it, because it looks beautiful!!!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I comment on the hair and make-up, I just have to say: you are absolutely stunning! I love the make-up, it''s exactly my style and it''s essentially what I told my MUA to do for me (I am almost the same complexion as you).

I also LOVE the hair, the loose curls are gorgeous. I have similar hair to yours, it''s thin but full (thick, but not coarse) - so extremely difficult to work with and it never holds the style for long. I have had similar loose curls done on my hair before - the curls were perfect for the first 3-4 hours but soon began unravelling. That said, I love the uncurled curled look (hair has volume, but not strict curls....more like flips towards the end), and so if you do decide to go with this hair style, I think it would look great through the reception. You only need the structure for the ceremony (in my opinion, atleast). I''m sure your MUA would do this, but tell her to be generous with the setting spray before she curls your hair. Holds the curls for much longer.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I think you look beautiful. Unless your wedding is outside on a windy or humid day, I think that with the right styling products your hair would be fine throughout the day. If it is falling a little at the end of the reception, I am sure you won''t even realize or care you''ll be having so much fun!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
When I think of a good balance between structured and soft/loose/romantic I think of a loose low ponytail, slightly off to the side, with the ends curled like in the pics you posted and cascading down one of your shoulders.

Here are some examples of what I am talking about:

Without the tiara though, unless you dig it!

This girl has a good amount of volume up top but you get the idea.

A bit more loose and unstructured. I think this would look great with a part more on the side than center.

I really think that you no matter what you do you will be a total knockout! Your gown is amazing and you are a natural beauty.
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:40:12 PM
Author: Mediterranean

I kind of am one of those women who needs a kick in the @$$ to put on makeup and do my hair...LOL
Ditto...I also work from home, so that does not help.

You are beautiful and I love how your hair turned out! This is going to sound silly, but your brows look good too...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think everything looks gorgeous! The makeup is subtle and natural, and your eyes really stand out. The hair makes me jealous.
11.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you are beautiful. I love your look in those photos. You will be a stunning bride.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Holy cr@p, you look fantastic! Others have said it, but you''re gorgeous. And I absolutely love both the hair and the makeup. Your hair sounds similar to mine and I know my hair wouldn''t hold up in a style like that ... How did your hair look after wearing it around for a few hours? Did the style stay put? If it did, then go for it!! It looks amazing.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 1:34:49 PM
2.gif
HUGE ditto!!

I think you''re hair/ makeup looks great! No advice on how to make it stay. Hopefully someone can or already has chimed in with a way. Simply breathtaking you look like a star! :)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful I love how it has all been done :)

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
You guys are flippen'' AWESOME!!!
36.gif

Thank you so much for the compliments! I admit, it felt odd to be this made up, and that sensation made me unsure of whether I should even go through with the whole pro makeup thing, but now you guys have shown that it''s the right choice for a big event that''s in the evening. You guys want a big laugh? Guess what I did today? I changed the air filter and spark plugs in the car, LOL! SO GLAMOROUS!!

Claritek: Those styles are very pretty, The only one that I don''t think would work for me is the ponytail. I think a ponytail might be a bit too youthful for me (I turn 35 next week)

The weather here will definitely not be windy, but it will probably be humid. I have a short (10 min) outdoor ceremony planned, and then, everything else is indoors.

Kama S: You and I have the same type of hair. This style held up pretty well. It was finished at 2 PM. The picture of me looking down at my phone was taken right before I left for dinner, at around 7PM. But the weather here in the winter is perfect, no humidity at all. Not so much in late may... The stylist/MUA suggested that I have a few more layers cut into my hair for the sake of it not being weighed down, and we could pin some of the other curls to themselves, from the inside, so that they don''t droop, and so the piins don''t show.

My next big hurdle is to convince my mother that my chosen veil style will look good. I want a long drop veil, similar to the pics of the recent Monique L''Huillier runway shows. My mom, however, thinks it looks like "saran wrap" and wants a traditional 2-lawyer veil with a lot of volume, which I don''t think works with my dress....

portia

Brilliant_Rock
You are that beautiful and can change the spark plugs in a car? You rock!!
36.gif

I wouldn''t change a thing... maybe a bit more layers as your stylist suggested if that helps hold the hair, but you look gorgeous in the pics you posted. Perfection!! You look like a model (or maybe you are).

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I totally thought you were one of those makeup ad models, and I was like um where are the real shots?! DA*& you''re hot! And I love the makeup and the hair.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I thought these were photos of a model from Allure magazine!

You are soooooooooo lovely!

Lovely!!!! Love the hair and the makeup! I want your eyebrows, girlfriend!

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT! You look beautiful! I think that that style is totally fitting for you and with enough hair product, it will stay. I wouldn''t change to something more structured if this is what you love because it is amazing!

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... you are stunning! And I love when brides wear their hair down... it''s so romantic and sweet.

I wish I had much hair as you do!!!! My hair is thin AND fine... I can''t win :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results