shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair and Makeup trial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll agree with everyone else and say it looks great! Don''t change a thing.

Did you have a professional photographer friend come with you to shoot these shots? They don''t look like they came from a regular point-and-shoot digital camera. Just curious, because if those photos came from a regular camera, I want to know the brand so I can get one! They really do look more like a magazine photo shoot than just normal snapshots.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good gracious! is that really you? you are stunning. I love the hair AND the makeup!

I understand about worrying that it won''t hold....i would think the same thing. If you would like just a little more structure, maybe a couple of sparly pins just to hold back the sides lightly? i am not sure how you feel about that though.... how does your hair usually hold a curl?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
with the sides up very minimally to maintain some structure, i was thinking something like this....although maybe not with flowers if you are doing a less beachy style (can''t remember).

89fa0d5c05535598d5cc5760c686229a_m.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that you look absolutely fab! I wouldn''t change a thing.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:26:58 AM
Author: havernell
I''ll agree with everyone else and say it looks great! Don''t change a thing.

Did you have a professional photographer friend come with you to shoot these shots? They don''t look like they came from a regular point-and-shoot digital camera. Just curious, because if those photos came from a regular camera, I want to know the brand so I can get one! They really do look more like a magazine photo shoot than just normal snapshots.

Havernell: My FI took these! He & the MUA have worked together before (he is a cameraman and photographer) and he actually found her for me. He used a Nikon D50, so it''s a DSLR not a point and shoot. We also had great light that day: this is the MUA''s apartment, and she is on a high floor with no obstructions to the sunlight. FI opened the sliding glass doors & the blinds and used available light.

Violet3: the style you posted: I think that''s what is to be achieved (minus the flowers), and it''s the reason why the stylist wants some more layers in my hair...

...and again, all of you guys are very kind. Thank you so much for the compliments! It definitely gives me confidence, to see that people think this look works on me, and is appropriate for the wedding...
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You look wonderful, as the others have all said. I think the loose hair is lovely, if that''s the way you like it, you should feel comfortable and like yourself on your wedding day.

One tiny comment about the makeup - I''d consider doing something a little less glossy and a little heavier on the color on your lips. I think this would have two advantages: 1) glossy finishes tend to wear off very quickly and easily, and something more creamy or matte would last much better, and 2) a little more color would help your lips stand out from your face a bit more - in these pics I worry that your lips are getting lost a little bit in the rest of your face. For the color, I''d go with a pretty peachy or pinky color - doesn''t have to be "dark" just a bit darker than your natural lip color would be perfect.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 3:13:58 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
You look wonderful, as the others have all said. I think the loose hair is lovely, if that''s the way you like it, you should feel comfortable and like yourself on your wedding day.

One tiny comment about the makeup - I''d consider doing something a little less glossy and a little heavier on the color on your lips. I think this would have two advantages: 1) glossy finishes tend to wear off very quickly and easily, and something more creamy or matte would last much better, and 2) a little more color would help your lips stand out from your face a bit more - in these pics I worry that your lips are getting lost a little bit in the rest of your face. For the color, I''d go with a pretty peachy or pinky color - doesn''t have to be ''dark'' just a bit darker than your natural lip color would be perfect.

We played with the lip color for a while during this trial. The way she applied this (she started w/ liquid foundation over the mouth, then lip primer, then she used a peachy pencil where a lipstick would go, then she mixed a creamy shade with a small amount of MAC lipglass on her hand and topped it off) made it last a long time. I touched up the lipglass part about 2 hours later, but the color never faded.

I tried a berry-colored stain (matte, YLBB type effect) and it''s still too bright for that eye (for my tastes).

I''m going to try a matte, light coral next, and see what I get. I have a couple of months left to tweak this look.....I have to go back when the veil comes in for a second round, I''ll post what the matte, darker lip looks like so you guys can see what I mean, about how it looks with the eye makeup...

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness you are a total knock out and your hair and makeup are gorgeous! All just beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results