shape
carat
color
clarity

Hair and Make-up Timing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
I know this is really early to be worried about this for my October 12 wedding, but I'm trying to book a very popular makeup person and she is only available for a very specific window of time on my wedding day. . .so that might interfere with my hair - but I really have no idea how to schedule things. So here's my question:

I'm planning on getting ready at my mom's house which is 15 minutes away from my venue. The invitation time is 12, which means we will *probably* be signing the ketubah at about 11:30. What time should I schedule hair? Make-up? I'm assuming hair gets done first, but I don't know.

Recommendations?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
If I were you - I''d do hair around 7:30AM - allot an hour to an hour and a half for that - and drive home for 15 minutes - Make-up should start around 9AM - no later - allot 45 minutes for this - then get into the dress no later than 10 and start some pictures! This will give you about an hour to take pics with your parents and friends before driving to the ceremony for the 11:30 signing.

Just my opinion - but others could chime in for better suggestions!

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Cleopatra - but we are not taking pics before we sign the ketubah. . .in fact I''m so picky about him seeing me in my dress that I won''t be wearing it until the ceremony (after we sign the ketubah). When we are signing, I will probably be wearing a white pant suit or a nice skirt and top, but *not* my gown, which means we don''t need quite as much time for pictures beforehand. FI will be taking pictures with his family to get those out of the way, but shots with me in them will have to wait - which is driving our photographer a little bit nuts, but whatever. I''ve always pictured that *moment* of walking down the aisle. . .

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
The place where I'm getting my hair and make-up done will not allow make-up to be done before hair. Apparently, it's pretty common for the hairstylist to mess up clients' make-up while pinning and twisting clients' hair into place. (Thinking about how screwy my make-up looks when I leave the salon after getting my hair cut, I understand their concern.) So, I'd suggest booking make-up after hair.

I agree with Cleopatra's suggestion to allot for 1.5 hours for hair and 45 minutes for make-up. Are you going to two separate places for hair and make-up? Are they coming to you?

buttercup80

Shiny_Rock
Arg - this feels kind of like a complicated math problem. . .

The make-up lady would come to me, but I don''t know about the hair. . .

So, working backwards, I''d want to leave my house by 10:45 so make-up done by 10:30 - which makes my appointment in my mom''s house for 9:45 - but we could play it safer and make it 9:30.

Not sure if I''d have to go to the hair place or not, but it''s 15 minutes away so allowing for travel brings us backwards to 9:15. An hour and half makes the appointment time 7:45 or so. 7:30? Does that seem really early or is it reasonable to expect to be able to get my hair done at that time?

Is it me or does it seem silly to start getting ready at 7:30 for a 12:30 ceremony? I know I have to be at the site by 11:30 at the latest, but it seems excessive - I guess I''m looking for some reassurance - does this seem crazy?

7:30 Hair appointment
9:30 Makeup
10:45 leave for site

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I''d rather be done with it earlier and wait than rush things at the last moment. So 7:30am would be a good time to start, like the others recommend, or even 7am. That gives you three hours to prep, take some pics with your family, and head over to the venue around 11:15am. If you think about how long it generally takes girls to prep for prom, I don''t think it''s unreasonable to plan three hours for your wedding at all.

It''s great that you don''t have to worry about traffic in your town. I''m allowing three hours for my hair and make up, which will be done at a single location near the venue. My wedding is at 1pm on a Saturday in the city, so allowing for traffic, I want to be there by 11:30am, noon max. That means I want to be at the salon by 7am, in case things start to run late. I am soooo not a morning person, but I think I can make an exception for the day.
9.gif

This may be a silly question, but does your dress allow for room to eat? I know I have a tendency to become irksome when I''m hungry, so I plan to have a good breakfast, and a little snack in between!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results