shape
carat
color
clarity

Had something really scary happen this morning

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no, I definitely should not have read this thread before going to bed :errrr:

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Creepy!!!! :errrr:

Reminds me of something that happened when I was a little girl. I had this stuffed cat that had 3 little kittens that went into a veclro pouch in her belly. The babies meowed when you squeezed them. That weird electronic "meow...meow...meow..." sound.

One night in the middle of the night, something woke me up. I rolled over to go back to sleep, and a few minutes later I hear, "meow... meow... meow...." from the other side of the room. Now keep in mind, these things had to be squeezed to make them go off... I ran downstairs and grabbed my mom. She came upstairs and tucked me back in. A few minutes later, "meow... meow... meow..." I ran downstairs again. Got tucked back in. Rinse and repeat this scenario a few times. Finally, my mom starts doing the monster check of under the bed, the closet etc. I distinctly remember that she was bent over looking in the closet when, "meow... meow... meow..." She stiffened, and straightened up soooo slowly, with this look of WTF?!? on her face. As near as we can tell, the kittens were jammed in the cat in such a way that it was causing the meow to loop and go off at regular intervals.

My mom got me a card for my birthday last year that made that same. exact. sound. It still creeps me out, LOL!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, when London was little, there were a few times when her toys would just start singing. Turns out the batteries were going dead but I didn't know that. I'd be sitting on the couch late at night reading books that didn't help matters (serial killer books etc) and a play stand would all of a sudden "Do loo do do do do let's count!" and boy if that's not enough to make you hit the ceiling. Happened a couple times when I was in the shower late at night too-I'd hear her toys start spouting off and think, if this was a movie, now would be the time the killer would whip the shower curtain open and then I'd freak out and fling myself out of the shower. I've sat out on the couch and waited for JD to come home from work so I could get back in the shower and rinse the shampoo off.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just remembered something. When my son Sam was 4 he had an imaginary friend. The only strange thing was the name he picked for his friend. Colin. We didn't know anyone called Colin.

He would point to Colin if we asked where he was. He would spend hours chatting to Colin. When we moved away from that house Colin didn't come with us. :errrr:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'd still house sit for them yes. Like I said, creepy things happen to me a lot. This was probably the one that took the cake.... but still. I'll probably wait until spring, when she doesn't have scare crow dolls for decorations. :???:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the doll was at the edge of the shelf & finally just tumbled out. Could be a logical explanation. If it lived up there, the dogs would not be familiar with it so I can see them growling, thinking it's a critter, just as you did, Dragonfly. On Halloween my husband gets a gorilla mask out of the closet & hangs it on a fencepost -- our dog gets hackles up & growls every time she sees the silly thing.

On the other hand, if it's a ghostie, it doesn't appear to be one that means harm. Maybe wanting to communicate or be noticed. As Grant & Jason often remind their clients, spiritual entities are only people without bodies, stuck there for whatever reason. Not to be afraid of them. When weird stuff happened in the house I grew up in & a few times apparitions were seen, my mother shrugged & said, "Hey, they were here first." We're only scared because it's the unknown. Easier said than done sometimes, I know!

--- Laurie

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jewel - Perfectly logical yes. The part that doesn't fall with logic is her being across the room from the shelf.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1289919692|2768251 said:
Dani, when London was little, there were a few times when her toys would just start singing. Turns out the batteries were going dead but I didn't know that. I'd be sitting on the couch late at night reading books that didn't help matters (serial killer books etc) and a play stand would all of a sudden "Do loo do do do do let's count!" and boy if that's not enough to make you hit the ceiling. Happened a couple times when I was in the shower late at night too-I'd hear her toys start spouting off and think, if this was a movie, now would be the time the killer would whip the shower curtain open and then I'd freak out and fling myself out of the shower. I've sat out on the couch and waited for JD to come home from work so I could get back in the shower and rinse the shampoo off.

My nephew's jolly jumper used to do that when I'd be on the phone with my sister. Just start playing for no reason. So weird.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
How creepy! Like others I'm guessing there's some logical explanation how it fell, but I would've been freaked out too! At least you had the dogs with you so you weren't completely alone.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1289921528|2768289 said:
Jewel - Perfectly logical yes. The part that doesn't fall with logic is her being across the room from the shelf.

Yeah, that's hard to figure. I was wondering why, if it's supernatural, your friends never experienced anything. But you said weird stuff happens to you -- so, if it's an entity, it may have realized you have a sensitivity & therefore tried to communicate. It is chill making. But needn't be scary if you think of it simply as an invisible person who's lived there a long time (hmmm...that may not help, lol). Could even be a child, since it chose a doll.

Is it an old house?

--- Laurie

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I do have a lot happen to me, and am to the point where I understand that if it is an entity, it's just trying to let me know it's there, or some such. I've never had anything physical happen to me so I'm ok with it for now.

The house is newer, it is a newer neighborhood development in a rather old country town. Up until three or four ago it was actually a very very small country town, and the neighborhoods only just started developing there. The previous owners didn't have any real reason of moving in terms of negative reasons, they just wanted to move north.

It was weird. The scariest for me though was thinking it was a dead duck. At that point I was convinced that someone was in the house, and they were going to kill me. I've never felt that way before. That was the part that was like a horror movie. I was sure that I was about to die. Then I realized it was a doll.... Still freaky that the doll was where it was, but less scary than thinking it was a dead duck.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I would like to consider myself a pretty rational person, I would like to add that most of my fears fall within those lines as well. I can rationalize most things and talk myself out of anything that would be...well, viewed as 'odd'. But? When it comes to 'this' type of thing, I can't and I don't even like to try. Ghosts/spirits/ect. scare me more than anything. I can't even watch a scary movie (with the reference of ghosts or anything demon/angels) without having a light on and the tv on to get to sleep- a very restless sleep at that. I saw that movie, 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' a few years back and to this day, yes- I am 28 years old- CAN NOT even talk about it. I didn't sleep right for probably a YEAR after that movie and had to actually drug myself to sleep for the months following that movie.

DragonFly- You would have seen a grown woman come unglued. No and thank you. I wouldn't be at that house again. Nope. Sure there is some reasonable explanation but I wouldn't be around long enough to figure it out.

Not sure WHY but yeah, that makes me want to suck my thumb and crawl under the covers.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a couple spooky things happen to me.

The weirdest was when I was a child in the first house we lived in, in the middle of the night I woke up and heard a deliberate scratching on my window. It didn't last very long, It's almost like it stopped when it realized I was awake and listening. I was petrified with fear, especially as my sister and I's bedroom were on the second floor. I eventually fell asleep by convincing myself that it was a branch scratching the window. The other strange thing was while I was awake I heard the sound of a child's bicycle bell, like someone somewhere was riding a bike and ringing it's bell, but it was the dead middle of the night.

The next day as soon as I got dressed I ran outside and saw there was no way a branch could have reached that window.

There's more to the story but I don't want to freak you out too much!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gaaaaaah! Shhh! :errrr: Renee, JD's like that about ghosts etc too. He's not scared of anything he can kill. Me, I'm scared of it all. ALL I say. I have to weigh the pros and cons anymore if I want to read something or watch something. When JD worked overnights I was a mess if I got scared about something. I'd call my mom at 1am to talk to me on the phone while I went downstairs to switch laundry, in case a maniac was going to kill me she'd know what was going on. JD and I both had experiences in a house around here, all of our friends did, and we've talked minimally about it with each other. He just says there is a rational explanation for everything that happened in there, he doesn't know what it is, but he has to believe that or he won't sleep.

Now the question is, after reading these last responses, and thinking about my own experiences, am *I* going to sleep?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
part gypsy|1289940779|2768859 said:

The weirdest was when I was a child in the first house we lived in, in the middle of the night I woke up and heard a deliberate scratching on my window. It didn't last very long, It's almost like it stopped when it realized I was awake and listening. I was petrified with fear, especially as my sister and I's bedroom were on the second floor. I eventually fell asleep by convincing myself that it was a branch scratching the window. The other strange thing was while I was awake I heard the sound of a child's bicycle bell, like someone somewhere was riding a bike and ringing it's bell, but it was the dead middle of the night.

The next day as soon as I got dressed I ran outside and saw there was no way a branch could have reached that window.

Please tell!

*Gets popcorn out*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady_Disdain|1289986683|2769710 said:

Please tell!

*Gets popcorn out*

Noooo! Don't tell!!
slap4.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMKAY.

So tonight, I got home and was sitting in the room with my grandma watching Ellen. Our living room has a hall behind and to the left that goes to the back door. Directly behind the living room, are the dining and kitchen. They are all part of a great room, but there is a wall between the dining room and the hall. My grandmother's room is to the left of the hall. So I was sitting on the far left of the couch, with my grandmother across the couch from me.

Three separate times, in 2 second intervals I heard something try the back door, and the lock catch. It was locked. But I distinctly heard the door pull and the lock catch. My grandmother heard the noise but couldn't hear the distinct details of the lock catching. She asked me what the noise was and I told her. We both got up... nothing outside. I've locked EVERY SINGLE THING in this house since then. I'm FREAKED. My room is on the other end of the house, and is technically the "back" of the house as it borders nothing, no frontage, no doors, just the back unlit side of the house. Anyone want to keep me company?

P.S. When I was five, our house sat in the middle of the woods. It was robbed twice. The first time, they broke in my 5 year old bedroom window while I was at school.

Yeah. I don't like things like that.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock

Oh, yes . . . please tell.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
df~Holy Crap! Girl, something is after you. What's going on? That's so weird to have two weird things happen so close together.

Looking for a logical explanation, could someone have been drunk and tried to get into the wrong house. (This actually happened to DH's aunt). Could it have been a friend that you told about the other incident who was trying to mess with you?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1290306991|2774357 said:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMKAY.

So tonight, I got home and was sitting in the room with my grandma watching Ellen. Our living room has a hall behind and to the left that goes to the back door. Directly behind the living room, are the dining and kitchen. They are all part of a great room, but there is a wall between the dining room and the hall. My grandmother's room is to the left of the hall. So I was sitting on the far left of the couch, with my grandmother across the couch from me.

Three separate times, in 2 second intervals I heard something try the back door, and the lock catch. It was locked. But I distinctly heard the door pull and the lock catch. My grandmother heard the noise but couldn't hear the distinct details of the lock catching. She asked me what the noise was and I told her. We both got up... nothing outside. I've locked EVERY SINGLE THING in this house since then. I'm FREAKED. My room is on the other end of the house, and is technically the "back" of the house as it borders nothing, no frontage, no doors, just the back unlit side of the house. Anyone want to keep me company?

P.S. When I was five, our house sat in the middle of the woods. It was robbed twice. The first time, they broke in my 5 year old bedroom window while I was at school.

Yeah. I don't like things like that.

Guuuh, that gives me the willies. Every now and then SO leaves the door to our apartment unlocked so I have developed a compulsive habit of triple-checking the lock before going to bed and will at times get up in the middle of the night if I don't distinctly remember checking the lock. :nono:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
dude. yer freakin me OUT! You're lucky JD's home tonight.

Someone tried to come into our house late one night when I was home alone. It was in the summer and we had the windows open, but there are blinds inside the windows and they were closed. I was laying on the couch watching tv/reading and I heard a car come up the gravel road and turn into the driveway. I figured it was mom but hadn't seen any flash of headlights. Heard a car door open slowly and then the *snick* when you nudge it shut real quiet. By then I was fuh-reaked out, so I rolled off the couch and crawled across the floor and laid under the window. I could hear footsteps, very deliberate/quiet ones, and the railing on the front steps makes a very light but distinct noise when you grab it, and I heard that-and then watched the door knob on the front door turn slowly back and forth, and then the process repeated backwards, the rail moving, steps back to the car and then the quiet door open/close. Car started up and backed out and that was that. I crawled around the room and into the kitchen and called my mom. She was in town (their house is in the country) visiting friends. She laughed it off and I was really upset that she didn't believe me. And then I'm not kidding, about 5 minutes later here comes another car, headlights on this time, flying into the driveway and spraying gravel everywhere. Mom about broke her neck flinging herself out of the car and into the house, yelling for me. That about scared the pants off me. One of the inpatients at the MHI had gotten out earlier that day and nobody'd heard if they'd found him yet (they had, turned out), so then when I called, mom said she felt like she was in a really bad horror movie. I'm like cripes, tell me about it! The only thing we could think of was one of the farmers stopped by for something.

Good lord, even just typing that out is making the hair on the back of my neck stand up and give me the shivers. It's 1am and I'm scared to go to bed and turn the lights off. poop. :errrr:

I remember a few times when we were little coming home at night and the door being unlocked when mom knew she locked it, or a light being on in the house when she knew they'd been off, and being quietly herded back to the car and we'd leave and go call Dad at work to see if he forgot to lock the door or left the lights on.

I hope the rest of your night is a quiet one DF!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
somethingshiny|1290312246|2774416 said:
df~Holy Crap! Girl, something is after you. What's going on? That's so weird to have two weird things happen so close together.

Looking for a logical explanation, could someone have been drunk and tried to get into the wrong house. (This actually happened to DH's aunt). Could it have been a friend that you told about the other incident who was trying to mess with you?

SS - There are plenty of logical explanations for that one. That is possible (though drunk person would have to climb at least two fences HAHA). It's possible that someone tried breaking in. It could have been a racoon, fox, or coyote, or even a cat (we have all of the above). Wasn't our dogs as they were in either our living room or bed room, all accounted for sleeping. It was just SCARY lol. I keep the guns by my bed, so if someone comes in here.... yeah... dead knee caps lol.

Nothing new tonight besides a loose horse down the way.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That's really scary.

The truth is, this stuff exists....and not just around Halloween, when we want it to, either.

This past spring I had a really scary experience, and I guess it's similar to yours, so I'll share...

My husband and I were in the process of building a really awesome butlers pantry and I wanted a wine fridge that wasn't the norm. So, loving vintage things like I do, I started looking for retro fridges and stuff. I ended up finding an AMAZING ice box from the last 1920's. It was metal, and I was able to find someone willing to put a cooling system into it. So awesome. I also hired an artist to script "Wine Cellar" on the front.

So, finally the fridge is finished, at my home and in my garage until it's installation time. The following day I was upstairs doing laundry and I started hearing a "tinkling" noise downstairs, like glasses being clinked together, or a more aggressive wind-chime. Almost as soon as I noticed it, it stopped. I thought nothing of it and went back to folding. A few minutes later, again with the tinkling and this time even louder. Figuring it was my dogs, I went down stairs to investigate....

Now, in my home, at the time, I have Holcman (spelling?) Pottery Barn shelves for stemware and wine. They had been hung, in the kitchen, for about 2 years without so much as a problem. As a matter of fact, they were really only for display and the only person to touch them is my cleaning lady. They were hung about 8 feet from the ground above my wood floors.

So, when I walked into the kitchen I found ALL of my stemware scattered over the kitchen. Some resting on it's side, some standing upright, some in the pass thru under the table, some on the chairs. And the shelf, which was attached to the wall by a huge metal bracket and anchor system, hanging as if someone had tried to pull it from the wall.

I was FREAKED out. Seriously. In all the time the shelves had been up, not so much as problem...now, not only did it appear that my stemware had fallen from 8 feet and not broken, they were scattered about in such an unnatural way...even typing this makes me wish I had a pictures to document the sheer insanity.

I immediately thought of the fridge. I might be crazy, I'll give you that much, but this fridge is from the prohibition era. Being from such a period, it very well may have been owned by a teetotaler who very much loved the fridge, saved for it and attached herself to it...and now strongly opposed to my using it as a wine cellar.

So...I immediately decided "nope, not having it" and listed the fridge for sale. On the off chance that the thing was haunted, it wasn't staying in my house--nope, no way no how. I ended up listing it for sale--very reasonably--and mentioned that I thought something might be attached...the lady who bought it laughed it off and I didn't push the issue...

Now...heres where it's crazy....on her way home, transporting it in the back of her large SUV, on the highway...all 4 of her tires blew out. Thankfully she was fine (whew!!!) but I think it was just a bit more of the attachment letting her presence be know...and apparently she's not friendly.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I've decided I might need to start doing some research. I'm a bit tired of this mess.

Last night we went to dinner. Left all the lights off but the tv on for the dogs. Me, my mom, grandma, and grandpa all left the house together and all returned together. House was fully locked. We got home and my grandmother's bathroom light was on. What was really worrisome though was my aunt's dog. She is completely deaf and also can not get up in my grandmother's house without assistance (which will explain the laying down part in case any wonder). We walked in and she was laying in the living room (not where we left her, but she could have found a rug or something I guess) and was on FULL ALERT looking towards my bedroom side of the house. I'm talking ears perked, looking, raised head, alert. We called her several times but she did not hear us. It took us touching her for her to realize we were even there. What was she looking at??????? :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: I wondered at first if it was any of the dogs, but they were all either in the living room or in my grandmother's room which is behind the direction she was looking. The kitten was asleep in his crate. There is nothing mobile in that side of the house. There are no rocking chairs or moving decorations or anything. The TV was in front of her and she was looking to her right, so wasn't the tv screen. :-o ;(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Well... I had to dig this back out. I stayed at the same house this weekend. Yes, I am that too nice friend who would. Friday night, SO and I were both staying there, and I had a dream that someone climbed in bed with us. I THINK it was a scrawny old man.... or something similar? It was vivid enough that I woke up thinking someone was going to be next to me in the bed. Saturday night, when we got done showering and went into the living room, we discovered that the back door, which we keep locked when the dogs are all in, which they were, was open. OPEN! Unlocked. Open. That night I dreamt about ghosts.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - me the rest of the weekend.

ETA - that back door is the same one I found the doll under.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oooh,Dragonfly, some kind of spooky going on there! Too cool. I'm sure it didn't feel that way to you, but I'd be fascinated. Didn't read back & can't remember -- have your friends had any experiences? Seems to be somebody who wants to communicate w/you. I feel sort of sorry for him, her, them. How frustrating would that be? At least it's not harmful, though a little lacking in the politeness dept., climbing into the sack with you. If the dogs slept through it all, they must be used to the company & know it's ok. Hope that's some consolation!

--- Laurie

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak - My friends haven't reported anything to me, besides a wonky washing machine. I do agree that the dogs being relaxed is a good thing and made me feel better. The door open was the most rude part to me. No burglars, we checked the whole house for anything upturned or missing. Plus it's a very well patrolled neighborhood so I doubt anyone would be so confident. Scary crap. Ilander and I had talked on here one time about how some people are more open than others, and I've wondered if perhaps my friends aren't open to this so they don't have as many experiences?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo that's spooky DF! JD and I are huge skeptics but we've both had things happen..maybe we're more open than we think we are and your friends really are closed to it?

My brother just got married and since they couldn't afford to go on a big trip they took a couple days and went to a haunted place for the day..I think it was a house where there were a bunch of murders..I swear he said it's the most haunted place in Iowa or something. He is probably one of THE most open people I know, but to the point where he would never believe a logical explanation for something.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd stay away on Halloween! :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results