shape
carat
color
clarity

Had no idea I needed an OEC!

I didn’t know old European cuts were a thing until I found PS. Then it all made sense, why some stones had such big, unique faceting you never saw at local jewelers. My first dip of the toe with older cuts was the transitional cut I used to make my ruby and diamond target ring last year. But during a recent trip to my jeweler (you know, just for fun) she showed me an OEC I didn’t know I needed. She’s a 1.33 ct L VS1…wonky as heck and I love her in her new pendant home. No more FOMO over here!

48A89E76-049A-4BD0-BCAC-EAB5C966E09B.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I absolutely love her!! :kiss2: Her wonky edges make her truly unique & beautiful!

Please post more pictures - it's a gorgeous pendant!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too did not know OEC exists until I joined PS, and it is now my second favourite cut after EC.

Hopefully I would be able to get one around 1ct for a right hand ring one day, probably via Ivy and Rose on Etsy.

DK =)2

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t know old European cuts were a thing until I found PS. Then it all made sense, why some stones had such big, unique faceting you never saw at local jewelers. My first dip of the toe with older cuts was the transitional cut I used to make my ruby and diamond target ring last year. But during a recent trip to my jeweler (you know, just for fun) she showed me an OEC I didn’t know I needed. She’s a 1.33 ct L VS1…wonky as heck and I love her in her new pendant home. No more FOMO over here!

48A89E76-049A-4BD0-BCAC-EAB5C966E09B.jpeg

She's gorgeous!! There is nothing like an old cut and yours is beautiful.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! It’s a beautiful stone and setting.

I’m so eager to see one in person - none around here - and my visit yesterday in Boston was too short to visit many of my haunts. But I may be going back next Tuesday (depends on something in the works that would more than deplete my bling budget). I wonder if they will know what on OEC is….

I have a feeling I’ll be hooked once I see one. I love the flowery aspect of the facets and the broad flashes I’ve seen here on PS.

Congratulations and wear it in good health!

Fantastic! It’s a beautiful stone and setting.

I’m so eager to see one in person - none around here - and my visit yesterday in Boston was too short to visit many of my haunts. But I may be going back next Tuesday (depends on something in the works that would more than deplete my bling budget). I wonder if they will know what on OEC is….

I have a feeling I’ll be hooked once I see one. I love the flowery aspect of the facets and the broad flashes I’ve seen here on PS.

Congratulations and wear it in good health!

There’s just something about those big pastel flashes that I find so beautiful and feminine!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree! Everyone should be lucky enough to have and Old cut diamond! Yours is just gorgeous! I love how in the photo, it takes on a "peachy" tone! It is gorgeous!!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your antique stone...they aren't making any more of those and yours is awesome. Great find!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all need an an OEC like this one:kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The title of your post made me laugh. I felt the exact same way when I saw my first well cut OEC. Congratulations!! It’s beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results