shape
carat
color
clarity

Had a bit of a rough night..... OMG

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0886A224-D207-4AAB-955F-F10B92962B78.jpeg C36DCB7D-C19F-484A-9295-5FF2F140832F.jpeg Oh dear.
So, Ive had gastro... ugh.
Anyhow, last night I woke up feeling queasy and went to the bathroom to find a tablet to settle my tummy.
3/4 asleep I’m rumbling in the bathroom cabinet when a long forgotten about bottle of black nail polish (of course) falls out and smashes into the wash basin.
Gawd.
I pick up first a tissue, then the hand towel to try and clean it up. I now have bits of tissue stuck in the nail polish all over my hands, a wrecked hand towel and smeared everywhere black nail polish.
Enough, I wait until it dries on my hands so I can go back to bed to ponder how much a new bathroom vanity and wash basin might cost.
This morning I discover I have all of two dribbles of nail polish remover in the house so I’ll need to buy more.
But in the meantime, sigh, AND IT IS ALL OVER MY RING :angryfire:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @Bron357 , how horrible! If that happened to me I'd be all tears, all day! I hope you are able to clean up with relative ease- the day must get better from here!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear of your terrible night. If you're able to get ahold of acetone at a hardware store, that should make short work of the nail polish in your sink.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhhhh - this is NOT good!

I hope everything gets fixed pronto!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is definitely something I would do! I'm sorry for the mess. Hopefully it all cleans up easily now that you are awake.

Recent messes (within the last month or so):
Spit red wine on my antique white couch.
Let go of the coffee cup I was holding (caught it again!) covering myself and a pillow with hot espresso.
Knocked a bottle of something (wine? BBQ sauce?) out of the refrigerator. It broke. Glass stayed mostly intact but the kitchen had red stuff splattered everywhere from the floor up to about four feet up...

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! I also hope your ring is okay..... Is acetone safe on diamonds/gold/plat? Hmmmm... If not, you could maybe try an oil-based cleaner (like goo gone) or just patiently chip it off with your fingernail over time....

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I am so sorry that happened. I agree that the nail polish remover will take it off of your sink and hand. You might have to soak the ring a bit or confer with a jeweler regarding the best way to clean the ring - especially in between the prongs, etc.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! What a mess!
But polish remover will hopefully clean it all up, including your ring.
I don't think acetone will hurt your diamond or the metal.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! How awful! And in the middle of the night yet?!
I think acetone is ok for fine jewelry because when I have done/gotten my nails done they have come into contact with acetone. But do check with someone far more knowledgeable than I. Sorry this happened.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah no that always happens when you’re least in the headspace to handle it! I hope you’ve managed to get some acetone or nail polish remover and you’re feeling better too

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
is the ring ok??:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::confused2::shock:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
44C40A16-B8AD-4727-B88B-30F24F061EE2.jpeg Apart from a few bits of black stained under my nails, the ring cleaned up very well with acetone and a toothbrush.
DH cleaned up the bathroom for me :kiss2:
MIL, the eternal optimist said “well the gastro will help with the weight loss (I’m dieting) and it could have been worse with the nail polish - red would have looked like a murder that taken place” :lol-2:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Geez that's getting kicked when you're down isn't it? Plus the smell wouldn't be much fun when sick.

P.s I saw the photos immediately, then read 'So I've had gastro'. The first thing that came to mind was 'Geez it looks horrible but why would you be posting photos of it on PS?!?!!?'
I'm glad I read more before replying :lol:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
44C40A16-B8AD-4727-B88B-30F24F061EE2.jpeg Apart from a few bits of black stained under my nails, the ring cleaned up very well with acetone and a toothbrush.
DH cleaned up the bathroom for me :kiss2:
MIL, the eternal optimist said “well the gastro will help with the weight loss (I’m dieting) and it could have been worse with the nail polish - red would have looked like a murder that taken place” :lol-2:

Glad everything has been saved (especially your beautiful ring!) and a big shout out to your mother in law for making me spit my morning coffee!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for the happy ending @Bron357! And whew re the rings.:appl:

I don't know if this will make you feel better but that is something I totally could've done (if I wore nail polish and had it about in the house that is)...we put the Lucy in "I Love Lucy". And it always makes for an entertaining story to share so there's that.:lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny how so many of us were immediately worried about the ring!:P2 Glad it all turned out okay. My daughter dropped black nail polish on her bathroom floor which required repainting a wall and regrouting the tile (yet to be done!).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! That is a bad night! Hope your day gets better:kiss2:.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a mess Bron! So glad this story has a happy ending and your ring survived! Your MIL must watch a lot of Dateline and 48 Hours!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry!! Glad it was mostly cleanable. Ring looks gorgeous! :mrgreen2: Thanks for that fire shot!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
#storyofmylife
Every day, all day.
Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Oh and only a few drops of polish remover in the house, boy, I've been there too!;)2

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a mess. How did you manage to take a photo, you would have had it all over your phone - unless someone else took it. Gastro is the worst, feels like you been hit by a bus. Hope your feeling better soon:wavey:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Bron you poor thing. As if having gastro wasn't bad enough, then you had to contend with all of that! Yay to your DH for coming to the rescue cleaning up...and I'm quietly rapt I got to see another pic of your fabulous ring :kiss2: Hope you're feeling much, much better today!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 I am guessing you are physically and emotionally exhausted from the ordeal. Glad you had a happy ending and hope you are recovering!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I’m happy you and your ring are okay! Your MIL sounds like a gem!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results