shape
carat
color
clarity

H. Stern solitaire ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darklost

Rough_Rock
Hello, I would like to buy a solitaire for my girl friend, I liked a lot one I sow at an H.Stern store, because I don''t know anything about diamonds, I would like to know if H.Stern quality is comparable to Tiffany, I mean in terms of paying what you actually get.
I read lots of posts about the price that Tiffany add just for the brand, but actually I don''t care too much, since being totally ignorant in terms of diamond, I wouldn''t be able to find something good at the right price by my self elsewhere. So the question is H.Stern quality is comparable to Tiffany? Spending a lot of money for a H.Stern solitaire or for a Tiffany''s?

many thanks and sorry for my bad english

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe H Stern is a regional or local chain, because I have never heard of it here. But I will tell you that you have come to the right place if you want to learn about high quality diamonds! Take a look under Knowledge on this site and read the tutorial on the Good Old Gold site with it''s great pictures: http://www.goodoldgold.com/4Cs/

Then if you want, you can give us an idea of what you''re looking for, and we''d be glad to give you some examples of possible stones. This may be hard to believe, but some of the vendors represented here have equal and better stones than Tiffany at a significantly better price! I''m just glad I found this site before we bought my diamond for our anniversary!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi darklost and welcome to Pricescope. I actually have never heard of H. stern so I don''t know how they compare to Tiffany''s. There are many folks that like educating themselves on diamonds whether they decide to purchase from a big name like Tiffany''s or elsewhere but do be aware that the bigs names usually also have big markups and many times you could get a much larger diamond for the same price as a tiffany ring. Tiffany however will get you a beautiful ring and they make the prettiest solitaire around in my opinion so if you choose to buy there you will have a quality diamond and ring.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Darklost...

H.Stern is an internationally-known jeweler based out of Brazil whose jewelry I have seen showcased in the lobby of the Waldorf-Astoria in NYC and can be seen on the red carpet). I do not think they sell anywhere near the volume of Tiffany's in engagement rings, and am not sure that they sell similar quality as other high-end retailers (the reputation is just not there, as Dia-Gem points out below). They also will charge you a big mark-up, if not more (I saw an H.Stern 1.05ct in a 18kt WG pave setting for $17,000). So, I think you can get a lot more for your money if you are willing to solicit the help of the dedicated people on Pricescope (as I will be doing shortly), and if you are going to pay a premium you are likely better off going with a retailer with a longer track-record.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/6/2007 9:32:17 PM
Author:darklost

Hello, I would like to buy a solitaire for my girl friend, I liked a lot one I sow at an H.Stern store, because I don''t know anything about diamonds, I would like to know if H.Stern quality is comparable to Tiffany, I mean in terms of paying what you actually get.
I read lots of posts about the price that Tiffany add just for the brand, but actually I don''t care too much, since being totally ignorant in terms of diamond, I wouldn''t be able to find something good at the right price by my self elsewhere. So the question is H.Stern quality is comparable to Tiffany? Spending a lot of money for a H.Stern solitaire or for a Tiffany''s?

many thanks and sorry for my bad english
H. Stern is a mature jewelry Company that has been around for decades...
Their main business is Colored Gem-stones..., thats what they are famous for... (and not particularly high quality "colored"gem-stones, but beautifull ones.)
Most of their years in business was manufacturing and marketing jewels that were set with colored gemstones that could be afforted by all...

The Company went through a huge revamping in the last years as the younger generation took over management.
They are doing the right thing today (in my opinion), and they are developing their diamond jewelry line adding world renowned designers as Diane von Furstenberg to design jewels for them... and spending huge $$$ on advertising.

In regards to your question..., Tiffany is known for their Diamond Jewelry, and if the prices are of similarity, i would not even think twice... Tiffany will be my decision.

darklost

Rough_Rock
Hello, I just read your answers to my question, I would like to thank you all for your prompt replies, have to go now and I think I''ll be back with some other questions later tonight.

many thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results