shape
carat
color
clarity

H no fluro vs I/J med blue fluro

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at loose diamonds on whiteflash, blue nile and brain gavin. My question is for the same price should I go 1.5 I or J color round diamond with med blue fluro OR go 1.3ish H color diamond with no fluro? Is it true that med blue fluro will make a I or J color diamond look much whiter?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to say no, in most lighting you will not see the effects of the fluorescence. I happen to like fluorescence, but I would be absolutely sure I liked the color of the stone as it is in normal lighting because that is how you see it most of the time. I can really see the tint starting in J color, so I personally would not go lower than I color in a round brilliant whether it has fluorescence or not. But you need to be sure what you own color tolerance is.

BlingBling87

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker - I have seen a lot of your posts and I was wondering in your expert opinion what is the best diamond I could get for around 9-10k? I am just looking for something that does not have any yellow tint to the naked eye and is eye clean to the naked eye ( not concerned if I can see inclusion through a loupe)....a round diamond and as large as I can go without sacrificing quality...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results