shape
carat
color
clarity

H&F,ACA,H&A,GOG - Other stones (setting) help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I feel like I''m on a roll now!
naughty.gif

I have a 3ct Princess (soon will have…lol) center stone.The ring that I am having designed will call for side stones (3-4) on both sides that cascade and diminish in size from probably .33 down.The center is a F, VS1 having outstanding optics.The “Fire” from the stone is greater then the “Brilliance.”

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

3 Questions:

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

1)What is your opinion – should I go with side stones that have great brilliance to offset the fire coming from the center or, should I downplay the side stones?

2)I read some very good information on the post “Riddle me this” by thefitter, dated 2/1/2004.It raised some questions for me; namely, should I consider such high end stones (HOF,ACA,H&A,GOG) for stones of this size or, is it overkill?

3) Should one apply the same vigor in reviewing these stones as one would a larger stone used as a center?

Thanks All!

read.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Your center stone will be so much larger, using well cut H&A's, whether they come from GOG, or White Flash, or where ever will only enhance the overall ring. I don't see superior quality side stones detracting from the center diamond.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, it depends on how important perfection is to you. At that size, there's no way anyone will really notice them all that much compared to the center stone. However, you obviously still want them to be brilliant. I wouldn't be all that concerned about TIC vs FIC or anything quite that detailed. However, if it's within you budget, I would contemplate getting small H&A stones so you can be sure you're getting some nice sparklers. Even if you don't go with the H&A route, though, some decently cut stones will probably suffice.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a 3ct princess would be perfectly complimented by square cut blue sapphires or perfered by me but not some others rubies.

Adding more diamonds to my taste would be overkill on white sparkle.
Check out some of the pics of diamond sapphire combinations in the eye candy thread.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually since your diamond is a bit more fiery than white....doing small melee on the band would probably be amazingly beautiful! Small melee tend to sparkle flashes of white and may compliment the fire in the big stone quite well!
2.gif
Then again I just adore small melee...have it on my ring and think it adds alot of BLING to it.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results