shape
carat
color
clarity

H Color Princess Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
How do you guys feel about an H color princess cut diamond? Here are the specs:

Report: AGS
. Color: H
. Clarity: VVS1
. Carat: 1.003
. Depth %: 74.5
. Table %: 68.1
. Crown Angle: 40.6
. Crown %: 12.6
. Pavilion Angle: 39.8
. Pavilion %: 58.1
. Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
. Measurements: 5.46-5.41X4.03
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

I''m a little nervous about an H, but everything else looks great.

AST_AGS-7885202.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks nice! My friend has an I colored Princess and it looks great so I think you will be fine with an H.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It looks to be a very well cut stone, so even though it''s an "h" (which isn''t that low on the color scale anyways) it should still face up pretty sparkly white!! I wouldn''t say no to it
28.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Can''t really go wrong with an ACA. H color should be nice and white. If it were me, I''d drop to vs2 to go bigger or save $ but that stone looks awesome!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 5:20:32 PM
Author: Skippy123
Looks nice! My friend has an I colored Princess and it looks great so I think you will be fine with an H.

As do I (mine is also an ACA), and it is very white! The ideal cut actually makes it look like an F.

Indira-London

Shiny_Rock
Diamonds are graded for colour when they are loose, upside down (pointed side up, flat side down) and against white background compared to a master set of stones under natural daylight.

Face-up D-F look colourness and G to H look Near Colourless.

From the the top, the sparkle (light return, fire and scintillation) from a well-cut diamond obscures any measure of colour hence your diamond can look even whiter.
So enjoy
emsmile.gif

DtoJcomp[1][1].jpg

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
Here''s another one I was looking at, just fell short of ACA.

. 1.012 Carat
. Clarity: VS1
. Color: G
. Report: AGS
. Shape: Princess
. Carat: 1.012
. Depth %: 74
. Table %: 71.2
. Crown Angle: 41.3
. Crown %: 11.2
. Pavilion Angle: 40.5
. Pavilion %: 60.1
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.48-5.46X4.04

AST_AGS-7620703.jpg

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
I guess right now I''m a little unsure if I should sacrifice some quality to get a bigger diamond. It''s going to be put in a Ritani endless love halo setting, so the surrounding diamonds will make it appear bigger, plus my soon to be fiance has very petite hands so I don''t want gaudy. I guess I''ve always been more of a "quality over quantity" kind of guy, so maybe 1 carat is enough. I''m going to look at these diamonds first hand on Tuesday so we shall see.

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
Here''s another one:

. Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above Princess
. Clarity: VVS2
. Color: I
. Carat: 1.062
. Depth %: 72.9
. Table %: 71
. Crown Angle: 42.6
. Crown %: 12
. Pavilion Angle: 39.6
. Pavilion %: 58.6
. Girdle: Thin
. Measurements: 5.63-5.51X4.02

The color isn''t quite as good, but the size is a little better.

AST_AGS-7885008.jpg

Honestly

Rough_Rock
At 1 carat color is hard to see. I say go as low as an I.

I love princess cuts!!!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Max

Hello, no need to worry unless you are extremely color sensitive. I used to have an H color ACA princess in my e-ring and it was very, very pretty the ACA princesses from WF are awesome and I have seen some I ACA princesses from them also and they are gorgeous. To me the H color was no issue and I only changed my center stone in order to get an ACA RB had nothing to do with color.
This one looks very beautiful.
Good luck!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, VVS clarity it overkill. You could easily drop to VS2 and up the colour. I would rather pay for a higher colour grade which is something I can see, rather than higher clarity - you are not going to be able to tell the difference between a VVS and VS anyway. I say put the money into something you can see. I also wouldn''t sacrifice cut at all when you are paying for that kind of clarity.

Apart from that, you can''t go wrong with an ACA Princess, it will be gorgeous!!

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My business-partner started wearing a 1.22 princess L-VVS2 this year. It really drove people crazy at the JCK-show.

We even had professionals thinking it was an F-colour.

She loves it because the apparent colour highly depends on the lighting-environment, and her stone looks different every time.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2008 5:52:27 AM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
My business-partner started wearing a 1.22 princess L-VVS2 this year. It really drove people crazy at the JCK-show.

She loves it because the apparent colour highly depends on the lighting-environment, and her stone looks different every time.
Paul, is there a chance we could see a picture of it sometime please?
30.gif
I love warmer colours and it would be a real treat to see this one if possible!
3.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In general the lower colour limit for my stock on princess cut is H for 1/2ct to 1ct and G for 2ct up.
VS1 or VS2 is rarely a problem excet you can ofted see VS2 from the side if it is goig in an open setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the 3 you've listed, I'd go with the G VS1, the others are a bit of overkill on the clarity. If you could find a nicely cut H-I SI1, that might get you a bit larger. And imo, you wouldn't be sacrificing quality. To me, the quality is in the cut.
28.gif

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
The G VS1 is actually the most expensive of the 3, by nearly $1000 actually. Not quite sure why
33.gif
I''m looking at Whiteflash and would like to keep my business with them, however unfortunately they don''t have many ACA princess cuts at the moment. I would love to bump the clarity down and step the size up, but they don''t have any listed on their site.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 9:14:00 AM
Author: MaxPow3r
The G VS1 is actually the most expensive of the 3, by nearly $1000 actually. Not quite sure why
33.gif
I''m looking at Whiteflash and would like to keep my business with them, however unfortunately they don''t have many ACA princess cuts at the moment. I would love to bump the clarity down and step the size up, but they don''t have any listed on their site.
Hmmm, interesting, I would not have guessed that.

In looking around, I found a couple. I understand you want to stay with WF, but I thought I''d throw them out. Not sure what your top budget is...

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/4461/

http://www.niceice.com/certcopies2008/ags0009472707/index.htm

MaxPow3r

Rough_Rock
I like that 1.25 carat you posted. The reason I''m trying to keep it with Whiteflash is that they are local to me, I''m still reluctant to purchase a diamond I haven''t seen first hand.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 10:28:26 AM
Author: MaxPow3r
I like that 1.25 carat you posted. The reason I'm trying to keep it with Whiteflash is that they are local to me, I'm still reluctant to purchase a diamond I haven't seen first hand.
I understand.

You could always have the stone sent to an independant appraiser in your area first, so you could get a look at it. It would up the cost a bit, but it might be worth it for peace of mind. Just a thought!

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/4/2008 5:58:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif
3.gif
I found one for you Lorelei:

1.22 L VVS2.

ring-lieves-jck08.jpg

Some new AGS0 princess cuts are surprising people with face-up color appearance - and this includes trade old-timers. The light gets in and out with such intensity that colors below DEF appear far more colorless than even the experts are accustomed to. No one guessed lower than G with Lieve’s ring, above, and some guessed E. Jaws dropped when they heard it was an L. It's a brave new world of princess beauty (or, as some would say... "It's the end of the world as we know it."
21.gif
)

Relative to the original question in this thread, this is an important reason to demand an ASET image. A GIA grading report tells you nothing about princess cut quality. Nada. Zip. Zero. Table and depth tell you next to nothing because depth and spread are not related in a princess the way they are in a round. Old timers will tell you X-Y depth% is what you should seek, but new light performance parameters are breaking old notions with improved results. Small and large tabled-stones can both be beautiful, but there is no way to predict dynamic qualities without some indication of light performance.

All of the ASET images in this thread should be dynamite performers. The amount of intense light return (red) is far more present in high-performing princess cuts than in commercial cuts. You would see the difference immediately if you compared any of the stones here to a run-of-the-mill princess. It would not have nearly the abundance of red the examples here do, nor will the red run all the way out to the corners, which helps not only face-up color, but also increases apparent size the way edge-to-edge light return does in rounds.

Lorelei, I don’t have our professional ASET photo for Lieve’s L, but here’s an open-air shot Jim Caudill did by placing her ring face-down on his ASET-Cam at the Vegas show. It’s not level and the setting interferes, but it serves to illustrate the points also I think. Cheers.

lieves-l-vv2-jck.jpg

diamondquester

Rough_Rock
Man on man... I''m having a trouble picking out a diamond. Looks like just when I find one, I do some thinking or more researching, and I find something I don''t like about it. That - and the fact that there are practically no princess cuts (that I want) on the web right now!

I would appreciate it if some of you could look over my choices.

Please let me know what you think of the following diamonds. I''m not sure if I should go with a 1.2caret G, or the 1.5caret I. My girlfriends finger size is 7.25 so I wanted something bigger. Though, the difference between 1.2 and 1.5 is only ~1/2 mm in both L and W. The price difference between 1.2 and 1.5 is about $1000.

Should I go for the smaller whiter, or the *very slighty* larger yellower one? Which one of the 4 is the shiniest? Or - which one would YOU choose and why?

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4778/ (1.48 I) $7K
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4784/ (1.48 I) $7K
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4791/ (1.5 I) $9K
http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/4786/ (1.2 G) $8K

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
We purchased my 1 ct. princess ACA from WF. It's an I color. It is absolutely stunning. Just beautiful. I am color sensitive and can see a touch of warmth in it in some lighting situations and especially viewed from the side, but it doesn't bother me. You pretty much cannot go wrong with an ACA cut stone from WF.

A couple of the stones you posted about had thin girdles. I've been warned away from thin girdles on a princess because of the greater possibility of chipping the corners. Just something to think about.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2008 5:36:01 PM
Author: John Pollard

Date: 8/4/2008 5:58:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif
3.gif
I found one for you Lorelei:

1.22 L VVS2.

ring-lieves-jck08.jpg

Lorelei, I don’t have our professional ASET photo for Lieve’s L, but here’s an open-air shot Jim Caudill did by placing her ring face-down on his ASET-Cam at the Vegas show. It’s not level and the setting interferes, but it serves to illustrate the points also I think. Cheers.
OMG!!!! John thanks so much!!! I missed the pics you very kindly found for me, Lieve''s diamond is AMAZING!!! I would wear that baby in a milisecond!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results