shape
carat
color
clarity

H color in platinum

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ready

Rough_Rock
Will an H color be OK in a platinum setting, or will it look too yellow? Thanks!

mrmarius

Rough_Rock
My fiancee has an H set in platinum, and she thinks it looks white. Especially if the stone is very well-cut, that helps a lot. I don't think an H should be a problem.

enibas

Rough_Rock
oh, gosh -- iwas just discussing this AD NAUSEUM with my boyfriend and the jeweler LAST NIGHT for like 1.5 hours!!!! we decided on a stone and setting!!! whoowee....we got a REALLY well cut diamond -- fantastico proportions (or so i'm lead to beleive)...i swera i coudln't tell the freakin' difference b/t that and a G she had righ tnext ot it...we'll see once it's mounted on taht platinum: i'll be keeping my fingers crossed and my pupils wide open!!! lol.. :appl:

ready

Rough_Rock
I can't really tell the difference "face up" between H and F to tell you the truth. However, from the bottom, it is easy for me to distinguish.

Anyone else have any comments on H color rounds in simple platinum settings?

Thanks in advance!!!

ready

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rich. It is an EGL H VS2, but it's EGL L.A., so hopefully it is true to its designation. It is a 3.1 on the HCA, which I know is not "Excellent" as far as the tool goes, but rates "very good." Who knows. I'm still considering it.

Sammm

Rough_Rock
Since we're on this subject...

How about a J color with excellent rating in a plat setting?

Thanks,
Sam

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
:wavey: I dont think you should go below h color in platinum especially if it is an e.g.l, (in many cases g.i.a is a bit more strict in their color grading.).
May i suggest that you also look into internet sites to compare prices, many of them work on a very low margin of profit and offer incentives such as: free setting,free shipping etc..,And if you are not in the same state you can save on paying the sales tax.:read:

diamondsman

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A true H or even a true I set in platinum will look very white to nearly all obeservers. When stones are misgraded, fooloing the eye is the least of the problem. There is only a tiny difference in color, but the money can be very different for a color grade up or down in a larger diamond.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I have my large I stone set in platinum & it appears very white. The stone has bl. fluor - so this may make a difference.

I'm really sold on platinum. It has a certain warmth & elegance.

Sammm

Rough_Rock
The J has a Med Blue Fl. From the top it looks great. My mom was making fun of me -- I wear glasses and when the ring came in the mail I opened the box the diamond was reflecting light off my lenses.

Oh :) I have my mom keeping in safe place, and I accident blurbed out, "Where'd you put my diamond?" ... and then I realized -- it ain't my ring it's fiancee's ring! :)

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results