shape
carat
color
clarity

"H" asscher in platinum = bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
I saw a Royal Asscher in person this weekend & it was an F VS about a ct. and SOOOOO awesome! It looks like a totally different cut than the "generic" asscher they had in the store. I really want a royal asscher but I think an H is all I can afford. Is this going to look too yellow?? Either that or I could go for a G SI. Which is the better trade off?? Thanks!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I doubt an H would be too warm, but since they have them in the store, you can probably ask them to perch it onto a platinum setting and see what it looks like.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Royal Asschers are beautifully cut diamonds and as such
have great light output. "H" color will face-up great.

You'll stay in budget without sacrificing the "look"
in platinum.

Good Luck.
1.gif

Barry
www.superbcert.com

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
Thank you both!
1.gif
that was exactly what I wanted to hear! I am to the point now where I have my heart set on a Royal Asscher...now all I have to do is wait for one in our price range to become available....easier said than done!

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
.....so a H VS would be better than a G SI in this cut? Ive been reading conflicting things.

barry

Shiny_Rock
Don't automatically discount SI;
it all depends on location. Look at both or
if that is not possible, have the jeweller
look and describe both to you. You may very well
find an SI that is totally eye-clean.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results