shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcola

Rough_Rock
Can you get hearts and arrows with a fluorescence can''t seem to come across one.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A lot of dealers find you internet buyers to be over informed with all the trade codswallop, so they avoid diamonds that have sale killing comments.

I applaud you for looking for rather than avoiding fluoro diamonds. I like them too.

On the other hand, can you tell the difference between very nicely cut non H&A's and H&A's diamonds?
I can not.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am going to get SLAMMED for this but I have held an H&A next to a very very well cut diamond not technically an H&A and I couldn't see much difference....
6.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Look for very well cut stones with good HCA scores and scope images; see out those among the group with flour. and you'll be able to satify your need for a sparkly rock with flour.
1.gif

PS I also tend to like stones with some flourescence.
3.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 9/10/2004 8:02:56 PM Jennifer5973 wrote:

PS I also tend to like stones with some flourescence.
3.gif
----------------

Me three! They are out there, but I agree they're much harder to find. What are your other criteria? Maybe some of us can help you with your search...

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi,

I feel the I/J/K range of color in well cut stones with blue flourescence represent a real value in diamonds for consumers.

I seek these diamonds out and buy them for stock whenever possible.

When I show a well cut J/K with med. bl. Fl. to a customer, they cannot beleive that it is priced 40% less than a G color that looks identical in most lighting conditions.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/10/2004 7:37:01 PM kcola wrote:

Can you get hearts and arrows with a fluorescence can't seem to come across one.----------------

Hi kcola. Yes, there are H&A diamonds with fluorescence. Your observation about their rarity is correct for reasons Sir Garry mentioned.

I tend to stand arm in arm with quaeritur and Garry on this topic. A dash of fluor does not distract and, in fact, appeals to me. Brian astutely noted that near-colorless stones may improve in appearance with fluor in the mix (this sounds like a cake recipe, no?). Additionally, I simply like the way they come to life in dance club blacklight... Ice Ice Baby!

I have a D-VS1 H&A with medium fluor and love it in daylight, shoplight, candlelight or boogielight
2.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Wink's got a H&A .67 G VS1 w strong blue fluor for $2352 if you're looking for something akin to that? LINK (it's three up from the bottom)
1.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sneaking suspicion that one's sold... I think I've seen it here in Boulder
2.gif

And no, I didn't buy it!
11.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 9/11/2004 1:36:11 PM JohnQuixote wrote:

I have a D-VS1 H&A with medium flour and love it in daylight, shoplight, candlelight or boogielight
2.gif

----------------
LOL... boogielight!
1.gif
I guess that's better than boogerlight.
3.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd agree with the consenus here as well. Faint or medium blue fluorescence presents no problem at all. Even in some that are strong although I approach those with a little more caution.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hey Jenny from the block- see...no one slammed you!
1.gif
Different cut characteristics appeal to different people...Non H&As can be beautiful..like yours!
1.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
wink2.gif
wink2.gif
wink2.gif

PS At work, my nickname is "JFo"...my last name begins with an "F" and ends in an "o"...
3.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
----------------[/quote]LOL... boogielight! I guess that's better than boogerlight.

----------------[/quote]

Jonathan -
1.gif

So do you want to develop a boogiescope? It could analyze "fluorescent ambience," "effectiveness of wardrobe" and "bad dancing!"

I'd score an "Ideal-Ideal-Really bad"

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 9/11/2004 5:25:43 PM JohnQuixote wrote:

----------------
LOL... boogielight! I guess that's better than boogerlight.

----------------

Jonathan -
1.gif

So do you want to develop a boogiescope? It could analyze 'fluorescent ambience,' 'effectiveness of wardrobe' and 'bad dancing!'

I'd score an 'Ideal-Ideal-Really bad'

----------------

appl.gif
Too funny! We can use a disco ball as the light source.
1.gif

Don't remember seeing you post here before John. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Please send my regards to the rest of the staff.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
JohnQuixote wrote:
It could analyze 'fluorescent ambience,' 'effectiveness of wardrobe' and 'bad dancing!'
I would take issue with any such device since there are no generally agreed upon metrics for each quantity mentioned.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/11/2004 7:06:19 PM Superidealist wrote:

I would take issue with any such device since there are no generally agreed upon metrics for each quantity mentioned.

----------------

DR - What about taking axis of rotation subtracted from mirror-density to acquire each disco ball 'standard unit' then multiplying resultant figures by the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow...?

In theory it could work.

Jonathan - Thanks for the welcome and consider the well-wishes passed on. My best to you, Sir Gold Knight
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results