shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A or GIA Very Good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goodenough

Rough_Rock
I am trying to decide between the following diamonds. I have not seen them and I need to make the decision quick. As a matter of fact, I have already placed the order for the first one but now am having second thoughts, even though the Jeweler told me there should not be much difference between the two and its a matter of personal preference. The diamonds are for a Solitaire pendant

1. 0,68 ct, 62.7% 55% 35% 41.2% HCA 3.6 J SI1 Polish VG Symmetry VG GIA Very good. Very clean even under loupe, I saw the magnified image and $200 cheaper (20%)

1. 62.3% 55.6% 35% 40.7% HCA 1.3 H SI1 Polish EX Symmetry EX ASG0 Hearts and Arrow. Black spots right on the head easily visible under magnification, though the Jeweler has assured me its eye clean and only a very trained gemeologist may be able to see it with naked eye

Would there be a significant difference in brilliance from a pendant point of view for a diamond this size. The plan is to keep that pendant for a long time withot upgrades (its for a very special occasion). Would the first one be good enough or would it not sparkle? If I go for the second one would I always have to buy Hearts and Arrow in the featuer to match (say for studs, rings etc). Your urgent expert response would be appreciated

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/12/2009 11:37:21 PM
Author:goodenough
I am trying to decide between the following diamonds. I have not seen them and I need to make the decision quick. As a matter of fact, I have already placed the order for the first one but now am having second thoughts, even though the Jeweler told me there should not be much difference between the two and its a matter of personal preference. The diamonds are for a Solitaire pendant

1. 0,68 ct, 62.7% 55% 35% 41.2% HCA 3.6 J SI1 Polish VG Symmetry VG GIA Very good. Very clean even under loupe, I saw the magnified image and $200 cheaper (20%)

1. 62.3% 55.6% 35% 40.7% HCA 1.3 H SI1 Polish EX Symmetry EX ASG0 Hearts and Arrow. Black spots right on the head easily visible under magnification, though the Jeweler has assured me its eye clean and only a very trained gemeologist may be able to see it with naked eye

Would there be a significant difference in brilliance from a pendant point of view for a diamond this size. The plan is to keep that pendant for a long time withot upgrades (its for a very special occasion). Would the first one be good enough or would it not sparkle? If I go for the second one would I always have to buy Hearts and Arrow in the featuer to match (say for studs, rings etc). Your urgent expert response would be appreciated
The second would be my pick, the first one is what we call a steep deep with the angles and the depth is too heavy for my liking. No you wouldn't have to match h&a stones for other items to go with the pendant, you can't always see the arrows anyway and the hearts you can't when set. Does the jeweller have images of the hearts and arrows so you can view the overall cut precision? It is always best if a diamond is purported to be h&a to have the images, many diamonds can be called h&a but in fact don't meet the strict standards as decreed by experts.

Also if you weren't sure of the second stone, if you were up for a bit more hunting around you could look for a shallower angled diamond, these often make good pendants. If you were interested in this we could give you some proportions to look for, but if you aren't interested thats fine, the second diamond is very well cut!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number 2 is my pick.

You can definitely find a non H&A with better proportion than #1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results