shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A, Name Brands or Not

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondDealHunter

Rough_Rock
When shopping for an H&A how important is the brand? Everyone claims that their cuts are the best, but in reality, like anything else how much are u actually paying for the "name" and for those of u that have actually seen different brand gems is there any that actually stand out in terms of cost and quality? Thanks for any and all replies.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonddealhunter:

Amongst other things, a brand usually stands for a certain level of quality control. i.e. in order to be branded, the product needs to fulfill a list of preset criteria. Granted, some companies may not set as strict a list of criteria as others, but if you do your homework you will usually find enough information and feedback about the brands you are considering.

You can conduct a word search right here on Pricescope!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Branding simply stands for a company that has their own set of standards which is why you will get them all telling you their stones are the best & branded also refers to their name engraved on the side of the girdle. I went by the standards set by AGS (had also looked at stones certed by GIA as well). In the end I went by the numbers attributed to the stone & not the name engraved on the side of it. In my opinion, my stone is unbranded & that suits me just fine. It meets the # requirement of the grading laboratory.

Judy
:)

Lugus

Shiny_Rock
I went with a superbcert branded stone simply because it had the best 5 Cs of anything else I could find. I wasn't looking to buy a branded stone, it just so happened that the best one I found was
1.gif

I should be getting the stone later this week/early next. Already had it checked out by RockDoc (thank you!). I'll let you all know how it looks in person.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I went by the standards set by AGS...
----------------
). Cutters usually try to get as much carat weight as possible which lead to many steep/deep AGS0 out there.

) or minor facets.

Not all brands are equal too of course. Some of them have certain distinctive features. You still need to educate yourself in order to pick the right one for yourself.
1.gif

[/u][/u]

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are correct Leonid.
1.gif
I dont discount the need to do homework not in the least. The process in length to find my diamond was something to the effect of 7mths. haha I'd say a bit picky dont you??
loopy.gif
I dont agree that with the AGS as far as the their max. table & depth #'s but I did use them as a guide, of course, then I compared them to a zillion stones. haha Ok, well, not that many. But my message in my post didnt effectively come across was that you in fact, with some study, dont need a branded stone to buy a great stone. I think the branded is great for those that need a. have extra money, & b. need the peace of mind validating their purchase. I dont begrudge people buying branded, not in the least. Buy them if you want. :) For me, I put what savings from the diamond onto my setting. :)

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results