shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy, have you seen this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I'm not Gypsy, obviviously
2.gif
, but that's beautiful. Do you know who sells Vera Wang?

ETA: Sorry, I meant to ask if any PS jewellers sell Vera Wang, I undestand that Calvin's does.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 3:48:56 AM
Author: Larissa
I''m not Gypsy, obviviously
2.gif
, but that''s beautiful. Do you know who sells Vera Wang?

ETA: Sorry, I meant to ask if any PS jewellers sell Vera Wang, I undestand that Calvin''s does.
Hmmm, unfortunately I''m not sure any of the main ones do. Another place that sells vera wang though is solomonbrothers.com. I have not idea what their service is like personally, but skippy ordered a ring from them I think (not vera wang btw). Albicocca also has a vera wang ring, but I have no idea where she bought it from.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
UM...
30.gif
30.gif

No. I haven't seen that before.

I reallly REALLY like it though. A LOT.

Clearly, this bears investigating.

GREAT find KC!

THANK YOU!

ETA:
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
It's platinum. Vera Wang. And it's ONLY 1100 bucks.
23.gif
23.gif

STOP THE PRESSES.

KC may have just found me a setting.

Now to find out if it will accomodate an asscher.

OKAY. Before I get ahead of myself. I MUST go see this setting in person. Tomorrow. Gotta find a retailer in the SF Bay Area... fortunately I live in on of the largest metro areras in the US!!!!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I could have sworn that I heard that Very Wang was getting out of the ring making business
33.gif
Anybody else hear this? I hope it''s not true for your sake Gypsy!

Good luck!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 4:06:01 PM
Author: Gypsy
UM...
30.gif
30.gif

No. I haven''t seen that before.

I reallly REALLY like it though. A LOT.

Clearly, this bears investigating.

GREAT find KC!

THANK YOU!

ETA:
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
It''s platinum. Vera Wang. And it''s ONLY 1100 bucks.
23.gif
23.gif

STOP THE PRESSES.

KC may have just found me a setting.

Now to find out if it will accomodate an asscher.

OKAY. Before I get ahead of myself. I MUST go see this setting in person. Tomorrow. Gotta find a retailer in the SF Bay Area... fortunately I live in on of the largest metro areras in the US!!!!
Yayers, I''m glad you like it!! The price doesn''t seem right to me though, it seems waaay too cheap. I would expect a vera wang platinum ring to be about 3k or more...but who knows. Some of her others rings are quite reasonable. If you end up finding it, take some pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes me wonder if they are selling their samples because it says ''discounted price'' in the description of each item. It could be that the person that heard that Vera Wang is going out of the jewelry business is right. Otherwise it is a little strange that they''d be discounting the Vera Wang that deeply.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OHMYWORD!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I LOVE it! Gorgeous, gorgeous ring!

Oh, I can''t wait to hear MORE about it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARGH. The vera wang fine jewelry site will not work for me and I can''t get the Vera Wang setting number off of it. Can anyone help me with that number so I can call these jewelers and see if they have that setting in anywhere?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do know Bailey Banks and Biddle carries the Vera Wang line, if that''s any help.....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some of the other Vera pieces had the #s next to them ... this is the # near "yours" ... (ver.rg.0034) maybe it''s it?

If I had extra dough sitting around I''d snatch that up & put a cushion cut sapphire right on in there. PLATINUM!!! Looks kinda brushed or at least "creamy" rather than "glossy shiny" HOLY YUMBO!
18.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2007 10:37:25 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I do know Bailey Banks and Biddle carries the Vera Wang line, if that's any help.....
Hi Kaleigh,

I called the BBB in Valley Fair, the one that the Vera Wang site specificallly says has the line, but they are apparently swamped so they didn't have time to talk. Will probably call me back.

I wish I didn't have to run out of the house this morning ... I would have called earier... of well, Sunday is another shopping day. Shreve Palo Alto is closed... or not pickin g up its phone. Calvins is closed tomorrow so I can't call them and ask them about that seriously low price.

Big help though.

Thanks Deco for that number... I'll have to see if it means anything to them when they call me back.

peachster

Rough_Rock
Hi -

Did you ever get a chance to look at this setting? It is really pretty. I want to do something similiar with an old stone that I have.

Peachster

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry I didn''t update. According to the telephone conversations I had, no one near me carries it. It''s not on the VW site either... so it''s hard them to find it.

I keep meaning to call Calvin''s... but haven''t yet. Will do that at Lunch today though, thanks for the reminder. I will have to ask them if, like Pearlmans, they will send out setting for eval.

My main concern is the way that the pave will look... the little bit of metal holding it down look matte and rounded in that pic... so I''m a bit concerned about the sparkle factor on that ring. Still at that price... it''s worth another call.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
How about this store Gypsy? They carry Vera Wang.

Carmel-by-the-Sea
Ocean Ave between San Carlos & Dolores
P.O. Box 5995
Carmel, California 93921

1-800-241-9807 from 7:00am - 7:00pm Mon - Fri and 9:00am - 5:30pm Sat and Sun Pacific Standard Time

VerawangForGypsy.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I will use any excuse to run to Carmel... I will definitely call!!! Thanks Irina!

Does anyone have any input of the metal bits? Are they supposed to look matte and rounded like that? When I look at pic of pave/mirco pave on Pearlman''s the metal bits don''t look like that...
33.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
You asked - think this looks like the ring did not make it out of the wax stage. On another hand it could be a "not loved by the camera" case.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for confirming Irina... I was staring at it for a WHILE on Sunday... and was wondering if it was the pic... or the execution. From the pic... it it wasn''t a Vera Wang... I would probably pass on it altogether. It''s because I''ve seen other VW settings, that have been lovely, that I''m giving it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results