shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy - again! hah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw this setting and thought of you!!!
http://www.heartsonfire.com/JC_search.aspx?item=DelDLDC&type=8
DelDLDC_1.jpg
DelDLDC_2.jpg

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is pretty! Thanks for posting...

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Holy canole. That''s gorgeous.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pretty but my practical side says it''ll snag on to many things........

movie zombie

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks like the halo is painfully birthing a diamond.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 2:13:50 PM
Author: Mara

Snort, ok, that made me spew coffee. lol
I think it is pretty, but it would chew the living daylights out of my eternity, sigh.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI Cehra... It's a great pic to add to my folder. I love the way the halo come up from the shank like that... no cathedral and I love the shank narrowing like that.
THANK YOU HONEY... It's a huge ste0p closer... in terms of the shank to what I'm wanting. Great find.
Practically though, MZ is right about the snags. And Mara... LMAO.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty isn''t always practical. I like the prongs.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 2:43:51 PM
Author: Gypsy
HI Cehra... It''s a great pic to add to my folder. I love the way the halo come up from the shank like that... no cathedral and I love the shank narrowing like that.
THANK YOU HONEY... It''s a huge ste0p closer... in terms of the shank to what I''m wanting. Great find.
oh I didn''t think this was THE ring for you any more than the HOF ring the other guy posted in the other thread is THE ring for me (if we could only BE so lucky haha) ... but it was the underside that really did it for me in terms of posting it for you. I agree with this halo - it''s gorgeous but dare not put on stockings with that ring!! LOL Anyway - the combo of square stone, halo, non-pave thin band, AND delicate undercarriage.... had to post it ;-)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 4:09:46 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Pretty isn''t always practical. I like the prongs.
me too - I like that the halo stones are alternating in size... it kinda adds a snowflake or whimsical quality that I really like!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TEARS. RUNNING. DOWN. FACE. *squeak* HA!

ETA: Birthing isn''t quite the action verb "loaf" *I* pinched out of my imagination.
31.gif
31.gif
11.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okay, I''ll have to say that was a good one, Mara!
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 4:39:10 PM
Author: decodelighted

TEARS. RUNNING. DOWN. FACE. *squeak* HA!

ETA: Birthing isn''t quite the action verb ''loaf'' *I* pinched out of my imagination.
31.gif
31.gif
11.gif
wouldn''t it be great though if the settings we loved just "pinched" out awesome diamonds? hehe you''re funny deco :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 4:17:18 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 2/19/2007 2:43:51 PM

HI Cehra... It''s a great pic to add to my folder. I love the way the halo come up from the shank like that... no cathedral and I love the shank narrowing like that.

THANK YOU HONEY... It''s a huge ste0p closer... in terms of the shank to what I''m wanting. Great find.

oh I didn''t think this was THE ring for you any more than the HOF ring the other guy posted in the other thread is THE ring for me (if we could only BE so lucky haha) ... but it was the underside that really did it for me in terms of posting it for you. I agree with this halo - it''s gorgeous but dare not put on stockings with that ring!! LOL Anyway - the combo of square stone, halo, non-pave thin band, AND delicate undercarriage.... had to post it ;-)

Oh yeah... I knew exactly why you posted honey... It''s a great pic for the custom process... and the more pics the better to help whoever I choose help me. THANK YOU for thimking of me. I really love the taper toward the halo and am not considering adding it to my design. Hmmmm.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2007 9:53:10 PM

Oh yeah... I knew exactly why you posted honey... It''s a great pic for the custom process... and the more pics the better to help whoever I choose help me. THANK YOU for thimking of me. I really love the taper toward the halo and am not considering adding it to my design. Hmmmm.
it is a very feminine touch... but I don''t remember if flush was important to you - it might have little gappies there...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I''ve given up on Flush.. which is funny... cause the lack of flush fits with my cirrent setting is what set me off in the first place... 5 years ago. But, yesterday I tried on a lot of slim pave bands with that tacori setting... and lack of flush isn''t bugging me anymore. Go figure.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, *flush* is damn near impossible anyway unless you solder. Really - no matter how well they line up, they end up moving when your hands do.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Cute design, but maintenance on those prongs? Yikes!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be beautiful with a colored stone, but I think the center diamond gets a little lost in the halo of the ring. Love the shank and the delicate cathedral.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 1:21:05 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I think it would be beautiful with a colored stone, but I think the center diamond gets a little lost in the halo of the ring. Love the shank and the delicate cathedral.
if you''re trying to make your stone look bigger though I think that''s the point, right? LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 10:16:37 AM

if you''re trying to make your stone look bigger though I think that''s the point, right? LOL
23.gif
23.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 10:38:48 AM
Author: aljdewey

23.gif
23.gif
I don''t understand your response. Pretty sure it was your .75 pendants used to illustrate this exact example, no?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 2:01:23 PM

if you're trying to make your stone look bigger though I think that's the point, right? LOL
23.gif
23.gif
I don't understand your response. Pretty sure it was your .75 pendants used to illustrate this exact example, no?
Actually, no......that *wasn't* exactly the point of my example.

There is a difference between trying to get more presence on the hand and trying to deceive the eye to make it think the stone is larger than it is. Subsequently, there are different looks to halos....and not all are created the same.

Bezel-set halos (such as the one I posted) don't really deceive the eye into thinking the main stone is bigger....because it actually outlines the center stone.

Prong-set halos (such as the one above) don't outline the center stone, which helps it blend into the surround diamonds and deceive the eye into seeing the grouping of stones as one mass of sparkle.

Each look is different, and each achieves different things.

When I did my halo, it wasn't to make the stone itself look bigger....it was to make the overall piece appear more commanding. That was the point of my example to Dianne....how the halo covers more real estate on the hand and how it makes the whole piece more bling-y.....not that it attempts to make the stone itself look bigger.

I don't understand your response.
My response was surprise....as in taken aback, not so much at the content but the delivery. Perhaps my interpretation was somewhat tinged by the tone of your responses in a few other threads lately, so it's possible I misread the tone here.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 3:55:46 PM

23.gif
23.gif
I don''t understand your response. Pretty sure it was your .75 pendants used to illustrate this exact example, no?
Actually, no......that *wasn''t* exactly the point of my example.

There is a difference between trying to get more presence on the hand and trying to deceive the eye to make it think the stone is larger than it is. Subsequently, there are different looks to halos....and not all are created the same.

Bezel-set halos (such as the one I posted) don''t really deceive the eye into thinking the main stone is bigger....because it actually outlines the center stone.

Prong-set halos (such as the one above) don''t outline the center stone, which helps it blend into the surround diamonds and deceive the eye into seeing the grouping of stones as one mass of sparkle.

Each look is different, and each achieves different things.

When I did my halo, it wasn''t to make the stone itself look bigger....it was to make the overall piece appear more commanding. That was the point of my example to Dianne....how the halo covers more real estate on the hand and how it makes the whole piece more bling-y.....not that it attempts to make the stone itself look bigger.

I don''t understand your response.
My response was surprise....as in taken aback, not so much at the content but the delivery. Perhaps my interpretation was somewhat tinged by the tone of your responses in a few other threads lately, so it''s possible I misread the tone here.
Thank you for the explanation - I agree those two types do create a different look but even the center stone in your two the one that is haloed looks BIGGER! I agree the one above is more to extend the diamond size.

As for my delivery - it is true that I''ve been jumpy (to be kind to myself) a bit, but I tend to be pretty direct and forthcoming and get over things quickly so if there''s no reason (justified or not) for me to be snarky - it''s just me being... blunt I guess? I''m not good at getting my personality across online but I haven''t made it any easier for myself the last couple weeks either!!! :mad: ;-)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 4:35:57 PM

As for my delivery - it is true that I''ve been jumpy (to be kind to myself) a bit, but I tend to be pretty direct and forthcoming and get over things quickly so if there''s no reason (justified or not) for me to be snarky - it''s just me being... blunt I guess? I''m not good at getting my personality across online but I haven''t made it any easier for myself the last couple weeks either!!! :mad: ;-)
No sweat.
9.gif
I''m one of the ''cut-to-the-chase'', direct types too, so I know how challenging it can be to communicate in that style without a lot of the visual markers (i.e. body language). Especially hard to be tongue-in-cheek when people can''t see your cheek! LOL

9.gif
31.gif

I''m sure I just read it in the same vein as the tone of the last few weeks, so yeah - my bad.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 4:50:12 PM

No sweat.
9.gif
I''m one of the ''cut-to-the-chase'', direct types too, so I know how challenging it can be to communicate in that style without a lot of the visual markers (i.e. body language). Especially hard to be tongue-in-cheek when people can''t see your cheek! LOL

9.gif
31.gif

I''m sure I just read it in the same vein as the tone of the last few weeks, so yeah - my bad.
2.gif
I tend to add a lot of LOL and :) when I''m being humorous even if it is supposed to be facetious and sometimes it bugs me because it seems so trite to add those and downright inappropriate at times (ie cloying smiles with dry humor), but when I''m feeling snarky there are no LOLs and no phony :) for *sure*!!! And yes, I could tell that you were a type best in person with subtle twinkles rather than more overt ;-) :D Do you use your hands and face a lot? I definitely do. I''m also generally not so kneejerky - I don''t know what''s been up my butt recently... ring anxiety I guess?? LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 5:47:59 PM

I tend to add a lot of LOL and :) when I''m being humorous even if it is supposed to be facetious and sometimes it bugs me because it seems so trite to add those and downright inappropriate at times (ie cloying smiles with dry humor), but when I''m feeling snarky there are no LOLs and no phony :) for *sure*!!! And yes, I could tell that you were a type best in person with subtle twinkles rather than more overt ;-) :D Do you use your hands and face a lot? I definitely do. I''m also generally not so kneejerky - I don''t know what''s been up my butt recently... ring anxiety I guess?? LOL
HAHAHA - do I use my hands and face alot? I''m Italian! I don''t know how to talk without my hands and face! baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha.
31.gif

Eh - we all have times when we''re knee-jerky. The good news is.....it passes. And thankfully, most of the folks here are like family - indulgent enough to partake in a little ''selective'' focusing to filter out the cranky fits and love each other anyway
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2007 7:22:32 PM

Date: 2/20/2007 5:47:59 PM

HAHAHA - do I use my hands and face alot? I''m Italian! I don''t know how to talk without my hands and face! baaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha.
31.gif

Eh - we all have times when we''re knee-jerky. The good news is.....it passes. And thankfully, most of the folks here are like family - indulgent enough to partake in a little ''selective'' focusing to filter out the cranky fits and love each other anyway
9.gif
Yes, well... my husband would also like me to get over this ring thing - I think *everyone* will be happier when the dang thing is done even if it does mean that I post way too many pictures... hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results