shape
carat
color
clarity

Gyno Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys, sorry I''ve been a little bit lazy- no computer today!

Maisie- that''s EXACTLY what it sounds like. Comes around my period every month for the last few months. Pops up the week before, and lasts until a week after- so basically I have one or two days a month I''m not in agony. SO glad someone else knows what I''m talking about. btw, isn''t fissure such a lovely word??
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That south of the border area is complicated...bubble bath, scented toilet paper, fragranced detergent, the wrong fabric getting too close...all can cause issues. I recall reading Dear Abby years ago, this woman wrote in that she had terrible issues down there and thought her boyfriend strayed and gave her an STD. Turned out it was the dye and fragrance in the toilet paper, she switched and it went away! Also, it is not good to douche as it upsets the balance too. Amber, if it is happening in that type of predictable pattern, it sounds like something hormonal that is allowing irritation to get out of hand...I am sorry and hope you get to the bottom of it soon, no pun intended. Sometimes we have to be detectives about all the things going on...did you use a new brand of soap etc...in order to get things resolved.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2007 2:19:49 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Hey guys, sorry I''ve been a little bit lazy- no computer today!

Maisie- that''s EXACTLY what it sounds like. Comes around my period every month for the last few months. Pops up the week before, and lasts until a week after- so basically I have one or two days a month I''m not in agony. SO glad someone else knows what I''m talking about. btw, isn''t fissure such a lovely word??
20.gif
lol yes it is!!! I''m glad to have been of help - I had never heard of it either. I don''t use any medication for it - I used to use a cream called clotrimazole (not sure if you have it there) and it helps a little bit but I think I just have to accept its something which is going to happen.
1.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely go to the gyno. I''m kinda thinking vestibulitis...but it could also just be dryness/irritation varying with the time of the month. As you know, we produce more natural lubricants during certain times of the month than others, and so during those times when you''re feeling not-so-naturally lubricated, a little KY or Astroglide is in order. To heal little tears/fissures that are already there, I echo what has already been said...avoid the baths, and if you''re going to wash with soap, make it unscented gentle gentle gentle soap. Don''t do the "deoderant sprays" or scented wipes or douche or anything like that. The vagina cleans itself, so you don''t need to do all that.

It could also be a UTI, but that would cause more of a low abd. pain and pain upon urination. Shouldn''t really make the skin in and around your vagina bother you.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I have a similar problem and it never once occured to me that it could be dryness related to my bc and/or my period! For the first few days after my period sex is a bit painful, and then afterwards so is urination. I guess I dismissed it as not having had sex for a week, and was just to embarassed to ask my gyc!

I''m going to try using Replens. It''s not a personal lubricant for sex, but an overall moisturizer for that area. One applicator-full every 2-3 days is far less intrusive than using lubricant during. I don''t want to tell my new hubby that sex is occasionally ouchy.
38.gif
So not going to happen!

Thank you Amber for having the courage to start this thread! And thank you to all the ladies who chimed in with such great advice!
35.gif

Oh, btw, I''ve been told to use oatmeal soap down ''there''. Not frou frou scented kinds, but just oldfashioned oatmeal soap.
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indie try the cortizone ointment as well. That is what my Doc suggested. Also use KY (or another brand) during sex. That should help the discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results