shape
carat
color
clarity

Gurhan knockoffs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ikat

Rough_Rock
I''m trying to respond to the prior post about Gurhan knockoffs on Ebay, but I can''t find a post button. Maybe the original posting is too old.

I have purchased two pieces from that vendor, although at that time, that vendor was being sold by a recognizeable Jewelers that has a website. I recognize several of the pieces and the style.

They are not 24K, they are 22K. I have a ring, which I am very pleased with. It is similar to Gurhan, but smaller and more delicate. If you wear Gurhan, you would recognize it was not by him. However, I am very satisfied with it.

I have a bracelet which I am not very thrilled about. It was mean to resemble Gurhan''s Runes bracelets. First, the gold is obvioulsy not 24K yellow luster, it is a cooler color. The stones are much smaller and less uniform in color than Gurhan''s. The setting for the stones has some fine beading and looks much more like the customary Indian jewelry settings made in factories. The setting instantly gives it away as not by Gurhan. It''s pretty in it''s own right, but it is NOT a Gurhan Runes bracelt. The price is substantially less. I would not mix it with other Gurhan pieces as it would stand out.

I think the smaller pieces- earrings, pendants, rings are very nice and I might buy some more from that seller. However, I would not buy a bracelet or necklace that has set-in stones. I would save my money (for a long time, of course) and buy a real Gurhan piece.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i remember the post....i think it was within a thread re gold and i was the one that was asking for feedback.

so, thanks for the info! certainly helps!

eta: i think it was in this thread: Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results