shape
carat
color
clarity

Gummibear!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ok, all the old threads are closed so I''m going to post some links:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-england-barn-wedding.104477/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/venues-how-did-you-know-you-found-what-you-were-looking-for.101727/ (there are some great hudson valley reco''s in this one)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-length.104146/page-2 (page two, more recomendations here)

Start with those and let me know if you have questions. I''ll post some more tomorrow for you based on what you like and don''t like.

I happen to be getting married here:

www.onteora.com

I don''t think you need it but if you want a private estate then Tammy at Charmed Places actually finds venue''s for people. She is at:

www.charmedplaces.com

There are a bunch of wedding blogs too:

www.wellwed.com

http://catskillbride.blogspot.com

http://lassodmoon.blogspot.com/

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Check out the sagamore too. http://www.thesagamore.com/ Its on lake george and your guests can stay there. I''ve been to two weddings there and it is gorgeous. There are a lot of options on lake george so if you like that area I have more reco''s.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
36.gif
You''re the best! This will keep me busy for a while.
2.gif

I really appreciate the help...you''re saving me from a mini-breakdown...
9.gif

I used to vacation with my family on Lake George and so did FH, so I''m excited to look at those places.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I haven''t gotten very far yet, but already your links have helped so much! I went to weddingwire.com and I love that they have user reviews of different vendors and reception sites!!

Now I know what I''ll be doing all night...too bad I actually have to go to work tomorrow!
39.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 9:12:00 PM
Author: gummibear
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
36.gif
You''re the best! This will keep me busy for a while.
2.gif

I really appreciate the help...you''re saving me from a mini-breakdown...
9.gif

I used to vacation with my family on Lake George and so did FH, so I''m excited to look at those places.
OMG...well then...Lake G might be the place for you. You have to get the latest copy of Well Wed NY. Practically all their advertisers are from Lake George.

I have to remember the place and just threw out my old copy but there is an old estate that was just re-done into mini luxury cabins on LG and they do weddings. It was actually featured in the latest copy of well wed. I know the editor of Well Wed so I could just ask her but that is kindof annoying since its in the latest edition. Let me check my saved favorites and see if I saved it.

I love The Sagamore but it just wasn''t for me. It just wasn''t rustic enough if that makes sense. My fiance and I decided if we were going to do a Addirondack wedding that it would be at my grandparents place on Saranac Lake. They actually own the land that the old Saranac Inn was on. Their living room is the same location that the lobby is in. Anyway...I didn''t have venue envy at all until I saw this revised place on lake george, I just can''t remember the name.

Oh and if you get married up in LG you have to contact Rae Barnes. She is flipping fabulous. I would have hired her as my photog but she was booked for my date when I called her last July which was a year and a half out! She is in Lake Placid but she will travel.

Lake Placid is another story. We came real close to booking a place there but there are only two places that really do weddings and they are far from perfect. Let me know if you want details on that. There is a great wedding planner in Lake Placid, her name is Mim Franz. She is fantastic but was WAY too expensive for me but she finds fab venues that aren''t open to the public for rental. She may be a lot cheaper these days cause of the economy. Let me see if I can find that place in LG.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh... I found it! http://www.cresthavenlodges.com/

If I could do it all over again I would check this place out. It reminds me of every summer up at the lake in Saranac. Honestly its what I wanted when I first started planning but it wasn''t finished.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this info has been so helpful! I''m already in love with Rae Barnes
30.gif

I like the Crest Haven lodges, but I think we actually prefer less rustic and a little more "sunny" with a view of trees and mountains, but not in the woods (boy do I sound high maintanance!).

So far I love Sagamore and I actually found a few others that look really interesting. Have you heard of:

- Osbourn Castle in Garrison, NY www.osborncastle.com
- Cranwell Resort in Lenox, Mass www.cranwell.com
- Castle Hill Resort in Ludlow, VT http://castlehillresort.com
- Equinox in Manchester, VT www.equinoxresort.com
- Round Hill (Feast Caterers) in NY

Thanks so much!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 1:03:25 PM
Wow, this info has been so helpful! I''m already in love with Rae Barnes
30.gif

I like the Crest Haven lodges, but I think we actually prefer less rustic and a little more ''sunny'' with a view of trees and mountains, but not in the woods (boy do I sound high maintanance!).

So far I love Sagamore and I actually found a few others that look really interesting. Have you heard of:

- Osbourn Castle in Garrison, NY www.osborncastle.com
- Cranwell Resort in Lenox, Mass www.cranwell.com
- Castle Hill Resort in Ludlow, VT http://castlehillresort.com
- Equinox in Manchester, VT www.equinoxresort.com
- Round Hill (Feast Caterers) in NY

Thanks so much!!!
Isn''t Rae amazing!! She isn''t cheap though, the good ones never are. There are a ton of good photogs in the NYC area so don''t fret till you''ve picked a place. You may want to check out some places in Saratoga too. I know the hall of springs is really bright and sunny there.

I''ve seen all the adds for the above listed places but never visited and I''ve heard good things about Round Hill. I can''t remember why but I called there for pricing but we never visited. I believe mayachel or elorwhen did visit there so they may have more info. I never looked into Mass or or VT so I''m no help there.

The sagamore is exactly what you are describing. I actually have a friend from college that is getting married there this September and hopefully she will let me post some pics post her wedding.

No you don''t sound high maintenence at all. Everyone has a different vision of their wedding. I wanted rustic with modern elements and in the end I think I will achieve what I am going for with the whole look. Its the reason why I didn''t choose the Sagamore. It was too refined for what I wanted and of course I wanted to get married at a place where I had never been to a wedding.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Hi again! I just realized I forgot to tell you how beautiful your venue is! FH loved it...I think he prefers a little more rustic/modern, but I''m outruling him.
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif
I think he is also leaning towards VT at this point, but it''s still pretty early so that all could change.

I finally made my way through all of the past posts and thank you, thank you, thank you! I had somehow overlooked The Garrison & Emerson, and they look lovely! I can''t remember because everything is just jumbling together in my mind, but did you visit either of those two?

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:10:43 PM
Hi again! I just realized I forgot to tell you how beautiful your venue is! FH loved it...I think he prefers a little more rustic/modern, but I''m outruling him.
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif
I think he is also leaning towards VT at this point, but it''s still pretty early so that all could change.

I finally made my way through all of the past posts and thank you, thank you, thank you! I had somehow overlooked The Garrison & Emerson, and they look lovely! I can''t remember because everything is just jumbling together in my mind, but did you visit either of those two?
Thank you! You have to go to Onteora to see how beautiful the place is! And... you will see my pics in September. The only thing I would say is make sure you talk to me if you do go visit cause they have lowered the prices since we booked and you would need to lock that in for next year. Its been the thing I''ve stuggled with the most because they did not give us the pricing after we signed the contract. Totally within their right but it still bothers me.

We are actually having our rehersal dinner at the Emerson. I love it there and it is soooooo much cheaper than a lot of the other places but...the rooms are pretty expensive in the main hotel. There is always hunter mountian too. You can actually get married on the mountain. Please don''t judge it based on the pictures on their website...cause they are terrible.

The garrison is great. I just drove by it again a few weeks ago. It is right on the hudson...I mean right on the hudson. Another friend of mine got married there a few years ago and the pics were amazing. The wedding planner there is Todd. He''s new and was very helpfull when I called. This place is for sure sunny and it has all of the elements your are describing. I would check it out if you are going to check out the castle in garisson. There are a few other venues between there and cold spring so you should look them up too. Don''t remember what they are all called.

Also...I''m using steve and melissa bruce as my event designers and they have a client list on their website. Check it out. They do events all over the Hudson valley and you wouldn''t believe how many un advertised possible wedding venues there are. Actually... I just copied the list from their website:

Emerson Lodge, Mt. Tremper, NY
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa, Milton, NY
Onteora Mountain House, Mt. Tremper, NY
Full Moon Resort, Big Indian, NY
Belevedere Mansion, Rhinebeck, NY
Byrd Cliff Barn, Woodstock, NY
Trout Beck, Amenia, NY
Hudson Valley Resort, Kerhonkson, NY
Rain Dancer Farm, Gardner, NY
View on the Hudson, Piermont, NY
Bezealel Gables , Hudson Valley, NY
Mile Marker 88, Islamorada, FL
Wilderstain Historic Mansion, Rhinebeck, NY (Holiday Décor)
Vanderbilt Historic Mansion, Hyde Park, NY (Holiday Décor)

Check some of those places out. I''ve heard amazing reviews on Buttermilk Falls and Well Wed features quite a few weddings that have taken place there.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I want to have a wedding all over the Hudson valley every year. I really should start a wedding planning business cause then I could plan a wedding every weekend! ahhhh

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m also on a diet right now and really have gummibear envy. I want some NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:29:09 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I want to have a wedding all over the Hudson valley every year. I really should start a wedding planning business cause then I could plan a wedding every weekend! ahhhh
You SHOULD do wedding planning! You are great at it and then you could live vicariously through all of the other brides who get married all over the Hudson Valley!!!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:28:20 PM
I think I just got venue envy again:

http://www.buttermilkfallsinn.com/specialevents.html
Ummmm.....holy freakin'' gorgeous venue Batman! That place looks awesome. The only downside is that you must book the entire inn for the whole weekend as part of a weekend wedding...a lot of my guests are from the Hudson Valley and I''m not sure I could get them to stay overnight (especially 2 nights).

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:31:37 PM
I''m also on a diet right now and really have gummibear envy. I want some NOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
OMG, actually me too! I''ve been vegetarian for years and just recently decided to try being vegan since I managed to gain weight on my cheese-laden vegetarian diet! So...no gummi bears, since they have gelatin.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
They are my one and only (sweet) weakness and I really am craving the little suckers right now! Oh, well....going home to have some tofu...that''s almost as good...
3.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 4:26:43 PM

Date: 4/21/2009 4:10:43 PM
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Thank you! You have to go to Onteora to see how beautiful the place is! And... you will see my pics in September. The only thing I would say is make sure you talk to me if you do go visit cause they have lowered the prices since we booked and you would need to lock that in for next year. Its been the thing I''ve stuggled with the most because they did not give us the pricing after we signed the contract. Totally within their right but it still bothers me.

We are actually having our rehersal dinner at the Emerson. I love it there and it is soooooo much cheaper than a lot of the other places but...the rooms are pretty expensive in the main hotel. There is always hunter mountian too. You can actually get married on the mountain. Please don''t judge it based on the pictures on their website...cause they are terrible.

The garrison is great. I just drove by it again a few weeks ago. It is right on the hudson...I mean right on the hudson. Another friend of mine got married there a few years ago and the pics were amazing. The wedding planner there is Todd. He''s new and was very helpfull when I called. This place is for sure sunny and it has all of the elements your are describing. I would check it out if you are going to check out the castle in garisson. There are a few other venues between there and cold spring so you should look them up too. Don''t remember what they are all called.

Also...I''m using steve and melissa bruce as my event designers and they have a client list on their website. Check it out. They do events all over the Hudson valley and you wouldn''t believe how many un advertised possible wedding venues there are. Actually... I just copied the list from their website:

Emerson Lodge, Mt. Tremper, NY
Buttermilk Falls Inn & Spa, Milton, NY
Onteora Mountain House, Mt. Tremper, NY
Full Moon Resort, Big Indian, NY
Belevedere Mansion, Rhinebeck, NY
Byrd Cliff Barn, Woodstock, NY
Trout Beck, Amenia, NY
Hudson Valley Resort, Kerhonkson, NY
Rain Dancer Farm, Gardner, NY
View on the Hudson, Piermont, NY
Bezealel Gables , Hudson Valley, NY
Mile Marker 88, Islamorada, FL
Wilderstain Historic Mansion, Rhinebeck, NY (Holiday Décor)
Vanderbilt Historic Mansion, Hyde Park, NY (Holiday Décor)

Check some of those places out. I''ve heard amazing reviews on Buttermilk Falls and Well Wed features quite a few weddings that have taken place there.
Wow, thank you again! And that really sucks about your venue changing the prices after you booked. I would be pissed, too. At least you found a gorgeous place that you fell in love with. I hope I can weed through all of these choices to find my (oops, I mean "our"
12.gif
) dream location.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Oh I didn't notice this thread before, how exciting! I'm going to chime in and say that I'm so happy to be a Hudson Valley bride
9.gif
I'm getting married here: http://www.grandviewevents.com/

Let me know if anyone needs any vendor recs or anything!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Gummi... you are going to find something amazing! We looked at sooooooooo many venues before we booked and there are sooooooooooo many more out there.

I think I really want to become a wedding planner, how freaking fun would that be. We are so borring on the weekends anyway I think it would be amazing. Right now I''m going to stick to planning my own and hopefully I can pull that off.

Yeah, if all of your guests are from the HV then it might be hard to book all of buttermilk. I would put the notion out there to some of your potential guests though and see what they think.

I was a raw vegan for a year. The worst experience of my life. I actually managed to gain weight doing it cause I think I ate too many dates and almond butter. lol. Good luck with that.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:15:58 PM
Author: Winslet
Oh I didn''t notice this thread before, how exciting! I''m going to chime in and say that I''m so happy to be a Hudson Valley bride
9.gif
I''m getting married here: http://www.grandviewevents.com/

Let me know if anyone needs any vendor recs or anything!
Hi Winslet!
35.gif
Welcome! Your site looks beautiful...too bad they require 100 people minimum...we are trying to keep it smaller, like 80 max.

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 5:23:01 PM
Gummi... you are going to find something amazing! We looked at sooooooooo many venues before we booked and there are sooooooooooo many more out there.

I think I really want to become a wedding planner, how freaking fun would that be. We are so borring on the weekends anyway I think it would be amazing. Right now I''m going to stick to planning my own and hopefully I can pull that off.

Yeah, if all of your guests are from the HV then it might be hard to book all of buttermilk. I would put the notion out there to some of your potential guests though and see what they think.

I was a raw vegan for a year. The worst experience of my life. I actually managed to gain weight doing it cause I think I ate too many dates and almond butter. lol. Good luck with that.
Oh, no...I''m totally screwed...I''m sitting here eating thai peanut noodles with cashews...I don''t think this vegan thing will help me lose any weight! LOL.

You should definitely look into wedding planning after your wedding is done (I can''t wait for the pics in September, btw). You will be an expert on everything by then!

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I know I''m totally butting in on this conversation but the venue list is awesome. I second EM1''s foray into wedding planning -- you definitely have the love and drive for it!

Gummi, somehow I didn''t even think about the fact that you''re planning your wedding! I only think of PS as a diamond forum so I completely forget that there''s tons of great bridal info here, too! What''s your date?? Are you also getting married soon, EM1?

My wedding is on 9/9/9 in Vegas. Kinda sad that I can''t join in the Hudson Valley venue fun with you guys. But at least I can eavesdrop!
2.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2009 7:16:45 PM
Date: 4/21/2009 5:23:01 PM

Oh, no...I''m totally screwed...I''m sitting here eating thai peanut noodles with cashews...I don''t think this vegan thing will help me lose any weight! LOL.

You should definitely look into wedding planning after your wedding is done (I can''t wait for the pics in September, btw). You will be an expert on everything by then!

I just spotted this! Looks like we share a wedding month, EM1. :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Peaches you are more than welcome anytime! What is your date? Vegas...I love vegas. I can''t believe how close september is. I still have so much to do!

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 2:35:35 AM
Author: peaches
I know I''m totally butting in on this conversation but the venue list is awesome. I second EM1''s foray into wedding planning -- you definitely have the love and drive for it!

Gummi, somehow I didn''t even think about the fact that you''re planning your wedding! I only think of PS as a diamond forum so I completely forget that there''s tons of great bridal info here, too! What''s your date?? Are you also getting married soon, EM1?

My wedding is on 9/9/9 in Vegas. Kinda sad that I can''t join in the Hudson Valley venue fun with you guys. But at least I can eavesdrop!
2.gif
Hi Peaches!!!! I''m glad you''re here...I keep meaning to get over to the other threads to see how your ring is coming along. May doesn''t seem that far out now that there''s only a week left in April! I seriously can''t wait for your ring!

And a Vegas wedding is seriously my real dream. I''m not really into the whole "look at me" aspect of a wedding and I want to keep it intimate, so I brought up the Vegas or destination wedding in the Caribbean thing and it was shot down by the families pretty quickly! They really don''t have a say, but I understand it being difficult for the grandparents to travel. Plus, they threatened me with another wedding-type party when we got back and I didn''t want it to be on their terms (aka: their style) so I''m doing it my way!
9.gif

You have to post pics of your wedding though...are you getting married at one of the hotel resorts?

Also, I love your wedding date 9-9-9...depending on where I actually end up having my wedding I might consider 10-10-10!
9.gif

gummibear

Shiny_Rock
EM1: I made it about halfway through the latest list you posted and I think I''ve added a couple more to my list!
3.gif

I love the look of Belvedere and I know that location because I have family in Rhinebeck and I''ve driven by on the way to their house. It''s fairly close, so family and friends won''t have to stay over (unless they want to).

I''m also really intrigued by Troutbeck in Amenia. The food looks awesome and the grounds look charming and beautiful. Plus, I''m a history/literature buff and it totally fits the bill in that area. The only problem is they don''t post a lot of pictures of the indoor reception site and the one picture I found has kind of yucky carpeting under the tables...I will have to research that a bit more.

I can''t thank you enough....I will get through the rest of the list and let you know what I think.

You''re awesome
9.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2009 6:30:03 AM
Peaches you are more than welcome anytime! What is your date? Vegas...I love vegas. I can''t believe how close september is. I still have so much to do!

Hi EM1! My date is 9/9/9 and I''m with you -- September is going to roll around any minute! Sooooooooooooooooooo much more left to do. I still have a hard time imagining that I''m actually going to pull this wedding off!
41.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2009 10:35:30 AM
Date: 4/22/2009 2:35:35 AM

Author: peaches

I know I'm totally butting in on this conversation but the venue list is awesome. I second EM1's foray into wedding planning -- you definitely have the love and drive for it!

Gummi, somehow I didn't even think about the fact that you're planning your wedding! I only think of PS as a diamond forum so I completely forget that there's tons of great bridal info here, too! What's your date?? Are you also getting married soon, EM1?

My wedding is on 9/9/9 in Vegas. Kinda sad that I can't join in the Hudson Valley venue fun with you guys. But at least I can eavesdrop!
2.gif

Hi Peaches!!!! I'm glad you're here...I keep meaning to get over to the other threads to see how your ring is coming along. May doesn't seem that far out now that there's only a week left in April! I seriously can't wait for your ring!

And a Vegas wedding is seriously my real dream. I'm not really into the whole 'look at me' aspect of a wedding and I want to keep it intimate, so I brought up the Vegas or destination wedding in the Caribbean thing and it was shot down by the families pretty quickly! They really don't have a say, but I understand it being difficult for the grandparents to travel. Plus, they threatened me with another wedding-type party when we got back and I didn't want it to be on their terms (aka: their style) so I'm doing it my way!
9.gif

You have to post pics of your wedding though...are you getting married at one of the hotel resorts?

Also, I love your wedding date 9-9-9...depending on where I actually end up having my wedding I might consider 10-10-10!
9.gif

Gummi, May is so close yet SO FAR. I am counting down the days till my ring is finally completed! And it doesn't hurt that we're moving to a new place this weekend. I'm sure the fatigue from lugging boxes will help distract me.

Our wedding has COMPLETELY evolved over the months. Our original date was 10/10/10, too! We were planning to have 80 guests for both ceremony and reception but once we got a look at the total cost we decided to pare it way down to 35 guests. That meant we could speed things up a bit and have the wedding in 2009. The "destination" aspect of the wedding is a blessing because it narrowed down the guest list (terrible, I know). We're also having a second, informal reception in my hometown a month after the wedding so that relatives who missed out can be a part of things.

We're getting married at Cili Restaurant which is on the Bali Hai Golf Course. It's a gorgeous, tropical setting with lots of palm trees and ponds in the middle of the desert!

Wow, talk about a threadjack!
38.gif

Anyway...how are your plans progressing, guys??

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Peaches...I''m sorry I missed the date in the original thread! I''m getting married 9/19/09 so 10 days after you! So close. I''m coming along in my plans but I still feel like I have a lot of little details to nail down. I''m great with crafts but I don''t have the time (with work) to do anything. I feel like I am going to get overwhelmed at the last minute.

Gummi...you are funny...you crack me up with your sesame noodles. I''m so excited you''ll get to look at some of those places. If you want...I''ll ask my floral designers about the carpet there and see what they have to say. On that note, I loved this place up in Lake Placid but we ultimatley didn''t book there cause the carpet was red and green plaid. YEs, I turned down a venue cause of the carpet. There were other things I didn''t love like the fact that the dance floor was in a corner and there was a fireplace in the middle of the room. I mean, I could have overlooked it but really the crapet and low cealings I was like, NO! We even considered renting a tent and heating it down by the lake and their boathouse to make the venue work but to do it right would have cost me 13k just to get a good tent and heat it...not to mention cover the cealing and light it. Blah...that was out. Almost make the 11k site fee at my place seem like a half way decent deal. Ahhh...I wish the economy would turn around.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
OMG...I spelled it crapet...HAHAHA.. I''m terrible at proof reading and spelling when I don''t have spell check. I hope Musey doesn''t kill me for that.
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results