shape
carat
color
clarity

Gumball sized SS...?

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
I want one. At least 17mm and in at least AAA quality. My question is, where to buy? 16mm seems to be the largest size PP sells, although maybe I could do a special request? At what point do the prices on the very large SS pearls get ridiculous (to me ridiculous = roughly 6000+)? I'm not looking for perfectly white, I could do white with cool tones (pink, green, etc.).

Thoughts? Does anyone own a very large SS? Pics?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Try contacting Jose, either by phone or email. He's very nice and helpful.

As you can see, he has some GINORMOUS pearls! :love:

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south_sea_pearls_luxury.htm

This strand is sold, but his pricing is so good you could get a whole strand for what you've budgeted for a single pearl! :appl:

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/16mm-south-sea-pearl-necklace-mnah.htm

I got my goldens from him, and my (GIA Pearls Certified) jeweler appraised it at 4X what I paid. Also, he looked peeved when he said "You got it for less than half of wholesale!"

Quality + A Bargain = :cheeky: :cheeky:

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
iLander, when (when, not if) I win the lottery, can I hire you to be my pearl whisperer? Beautiful pearls at that site and wow on the pricing. I think I'm spoiled for pricing anyway - I don't know a ton about pearls or buying pearls, in a technical sense, but those I do buy I buy online from PP etc., and not from a local jeweler who would probably be charging a huge markup - but those prices seem very good. I think I'll contact the owner of the site to inquire about single huge pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
WHB- LOL! :lol:

I have a love/hate relationship with that site (because of budget issues), he has a lot of gorgeous stuff! I'd never seen baroque south seas until I poked around there.

I found his descriptions to be 100% accurate, BTW. And I was VERY skeptical and critical when I received my (now hidden away until Xmas) pearls. Golden pearls were on my life list, but never figured I'd be able to afford them. Now I have a strand with a slight pistachio "glow" to them, so I'm pretty happy . . . The photos are usually of the actual strand, too, so no switcheroos.

If he has some whoppers and sends you pics, please share them!! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hey, WHB, any progress on your jumbo pearl? I'm on pins and needles here . . .

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
I've contacted tahitianpearls.biz but am open to any info anyone else may have on sourcing a huge SS pearl...! Will post what tp gets back to me with, if anything... *fingers crossed*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results