shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess who else thinks 60/60 is as good as Ideal- GIA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
My position:
Diamonds beauty is subjective- yet we all agree well cut diamonds look better. When discussing the cut of a round brillliant diamond there are a range of parameters which can be considered well cut.
I understand why ideal cut diamonds cost more- and are worth more- but that does not make them more beautiful than 60/60.
Of course we can say the same thing the other way- 60/60 is not inherently more beautiful than Ideal cut.
This is preference.

I feel that proponents of Ideal cut would like to prove ideal is somehow "better", that an AGS 1 is somehow a "lesser" stone than an AGS 0- the point of this thread is that GIA''s cut grading tool shows that GIA considers both 60 60 and ideal to be the finest in terms of cut.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
David let it rest.

AGS 0 now includes diamonds up to table size 61%.
HCA has for nearly 5 years included ideals with a few proportions of crown and pavilion up to 63% tabl;e
Now GIA do to.

Which is most ideal is in the eye of the beholder.
What we have been trying to crack thru to you has been acomplished - that people sell diamonds that have 60:60 as being very good when in fact some are not so good.

Now why not join in the discussion on the gIA''s new grades?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2005 12:05:13 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 8/5/2005 10:26:16 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
david,
if anything about this thread, you did accomplish one thing: bringing Alj down to her knees and say uncle. Alj is one of the best debaters of our time. You deserve a gold medal for this accomplishment.
11.gif

I have to admit I''m a bit weakened....the last few days here on PS have just denigrated into a free-for-all that''s just ridiculous. A crazy, touchy-feely, god-forbid-anyone-has-a-differing-opinion free-for-all. It''s revolting.

Yes, in retrospect, I was too hasty in calling uncle. I''m still getting used to the new rules of engagement. I forgot that instead of calling uncle or continuing to civilly debate, I could have simply reverted to what seems to be the new protocol here. I could have just simplified things and called David a jaded cow.
2.gif
11.gif
Alj
LOL....yes,i notice you been fighting a war on three different fronts
23.gif
that can weaken anybody.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2005 12:10:11 AM
Author: kaleigh
Seems to me that Alj. has made a great point so lets wipe the slate clean and start all over, if anyone can stand that!!!!! I just think that we need to come to some conclusion here???
31.gif
9.gif
11.gif
if there''s a rematch and Alj gets a good nite''s rest she will knock out David within the first 2 rounds. he will be down on his knees begging for mercy.i just don''t see Alj getting whip twice by the same person
31.gif
nobody gets the best of Alj in a debate. NOBODY!!!
9.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This thread is going OT. Would you, guys, like to continue the discussion in hangout?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
It seems the other GIA thread dissolved.
There were a few serious discussions that got lost.
Leonid posted this set of screen shots that gave excellent results for proportions that many here would question.

GIA_Steep_d.gif

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
We agree Garry- there is clearly more work to be done if a stone with 36degree crown angle gets "Excellent"

I''ve noticed strange things regarding girdles too.......

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
David a 36 crown is fine when combined with a shallower pavilion.
But later today i will try to start a new thread with some of the lost info in this one. (I actually hit the wrong button
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results