shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Ok, as some of you know I''m in the market for some studs. Well yesterday my fiance tells me he wants one!!! Yeah i know this is bling blinging but just a small stud in one ear won''t get too much attention. So my search is on! again!

Here are the specs I''m looking for with MY studs:
0.6-.65ct each J, SI1 or 2 (eyeclean) H&A

I think I''m going to do the same for him but around the .5ct range.

wish me luck! I bet I''ll find his stone first before I find mine because he doesn''t need to find a match.

I''m gonna be so jealous.

oldude

Rough_Rock
aneelcon, after seeing what a "real" diamond looks like i thought about getting a .5 ct stud in one ear. but my wife says I'm to old.
8.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee aneel..that's great..more fun diamond searching for you!

I had a blast looking for Greg's stone for his wedding ring...esp since it wasn't for me...I wasn't as impatient as I would have been. Lucky for me I found the amazing ACA stone.

Greg loves jewelry so I definitely anticipate some fun searches for me in the future, maybe not diamond related (saw a great green tourm ring on the Gem channel the other day that I would love to replicate for his birthday)....but still fun!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! I snuck a peek at what's available!! Fun, Fun!!
love.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
what did you find? We both need to talk about the setting and he doesn't like the earring to be too long because it stabs him in the head....do you know what I'm talking about? Can jewelers make this shorter? They are always so long...maybe we just have thin earlobes?

We're going to try on some sizes later and see what looks good.

He said he doesn't like a three prong setting but he hasn't seen the pics PQ posted.

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
aneelcon:

Yes, looking for the .60 J SI's in H & A is not so easy. I'm sure something will come up.

I posted this picture to show you what the 3 prong white gold setting looks like.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

3prong-earings_f.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Yep, those are the same as my earrings!!
love.gif

I searched Known HCA, I and J, Ance, and here's what came up.
1.gif

IJStuds.5.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Wow PQ!! I didn't know you can do a search like that. I would do a regular search and then open up another webpage with the HCA and plug in my numbers. This is sooo awesome! I learn something new everday on PS!

Lesley, are those the same settings as PQs?? I thought they sat lower in the basket. Also, that that post is pretty long. Could it be set in something like this???? the stone sits lower and the post (right word??) is shorter so it doesn't stab you in the head.

Hey PQ, do you have side shots of your earrings???

shortstuds.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
After seeing this pic, my fiancee wants a four prong like the pic. He's looking into 0.25ct stones. I think we're going to hit the maul jewelers to try on some sizes. hmmmmmm. Mara, maybe I'll get to design a wedding band with a diamond in it like greg. How's the progress going on that project??

rfs87

Rough_Rock
I hope that you are mounting it in yellow gold because the J color will stand out. You should be more weary about the color than the clarity. Remember, there is not much focus on an ear. People notice the cut more than anything because they notice the sparkle not the clarity. I think that color is more important than the clarity.

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
No they will go in a white gold setting. I don't think they color will show. My ering is an I and it's 1.6ct in a white gold setting. PQ's ring is a J in a platinum setting.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic! 1.264 carat, J, VS2, set in Platinum!
love.gif

JinPlatinum.jpg

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
PQ, are the studs that lesley posted the same setting as your studs? I thought they were lower.

beautiful ring btw.
appl.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I finally remembered to post the pic for you, Ance. I'm bad!!
nono.gif

I hope it shows the detail you want. The pic Lesley posted is the same earring I have. Maybe mine show lower because the stones are a bit bigger???
3.gif

EarringsView3.jpg

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
Wow PQ, that is a J? It looks so white and sparkly!
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Sky, it's really a J. Ance is considering J color, diamond studs, so I posted the pic for Ance.

Many ready made jewelry pieces available in B&M's and Maul chain stores have lower color diamonds in them, and most people don't realize it. The advantage Ance, or anyone has in creating their own studs, is choosing the level of cut quality. Well cut I and J color studs will face up white and out perform the studs on most lobes out there.
1.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks PQ,

I thought they sat lower in the basket. At least they looked real low in your daughter's ear. They do look wonderful. Thanks for getting back to me. Oh btw, did I tell you how much I love your ring?
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I know these are much smaller than you're looking at, plus they are I, not J, but they're being sold as a pair of studs on GOG website for $1569. I happened to run upon them one night while just cruising around there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results