shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what - engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the photos!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!! very sweet story! - don''t worry about not asking the parents yet - I am sure they will be more than exicted for you!!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone - I don''t know when my fiance will get up the nerve to talk to my dad. I started another thread a few days ago where I was worried about him talking to them. I feel bad that I wasn''t able to share our joy and the story of his wonderful proposal. Also I feel guilty, as if keeping it a secret for now is disrespectful somehow, kwim? My mom has already told me that my dad gets upset when he''s the last one to know anything (I talk to my mom everyday and share things with her that I wouldn''t discuss with dad). I asked my fiance today when he plans to talk to my dad and he said he''s nervous a little and that he''ll talk to him when my dad is ready to hear/talk about it.. I know my dad is intimidating, but c''mon!

I hope you all like the pic of my ring. It was hard to get a clear shot, maybe I have a bad camera!!

I love it and can''t stop staring at it!!

ringhfghgjddjkkd.JPG

katica

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another pic :)

ringgdhfjgkghf.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Katica! Your ring is so lovely. It looks very pretty on your hand!

Good luck telling your parents. Just my humble opinion: I would tell them right away. Just let them know you made a joint decision to get engaged and that you''re very, very happy. I hope it goes well whatever you decide to do!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Lovely ring- I just got engaged this weekend too and I can''t stop staring at mine either! It''s so exciting, isn''t it?!?

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement! that was such a sweet proposal story and your now FI did a fabulous job on choosing the ring.
36.gif
good luck with telling your parents too! i agree with kittybean in that you should tell them very soon. i''m sure it will all go well. best wishes!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
love it
30.gif
wow thats a gorgeous ring, more pics please
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is beautiful!
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I hope things go smoothly for your FI talking to your dad. That ring looks great on your hand!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and your gorgeous ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And I agree with others, your parents will be nothing short of THRILLED that their little girl is getting married!

Mintyblu06

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!!! It looks so much larger than .72ct... what size is your ring finger? I think this is the first halo around a princess cut I''ve personally seen...

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS!!! Beautiful ring!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!
36.gif
, gorgeous ring
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Elegant and beautiful. Congratulations!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you too Amanda!

Dreamgirl - my ring size is 5.5 so yeah that''s why it looks bigger. Plus it''s a halo so that helps. I do admit I was hoping for 1ct center stone but I am more than thrilled with this ring! And my SO really put all that he had in it - as in he is almost literally broke now so I know he got me the best that he could :):) He even asked me "is it big enough?" Awww.. I told him it''s the best ring in the world because it came from him!

I don''t know what we''ll do about my parents. I hate to lie to them but I feel so weird telling them about the engagement after the fact, when really my fiance should have asked my dad beforehand. Now what am I supposed to do? pretend that the proposal is really later on?? I hate the position my fiance put us in. I told him to go talk to them this week. It would have been nice to tell them it was a V-day proposal ...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2009 6:10:35 PM
Author: katica

Dreamgirl - my ring size is 5.5 so yeah that's why it looks bigger. Plus it's a halo so that helps. I do admit I was hoping for 1ct center stone but I am more than thrilled with this ring! And my SO really put all that he had in it - as in he is almost literally broke now so I know he got me the best that he could :):) He even asked me 'is it big enough?' Awww.. I told him it's the best ring in the world because it came from him!

I don't know what we'll do about my parents. I hate to lie to them but I feel so weird telling them about the engagement after the fact, when really my fiance should have asked my dad beforehand. Now what am I supposed to do? pretend that the proposal is really later on?? I hate the position my fiance put us in. I told him to go talk to them this week. It would have been nice to tell them it was a V-day proposal ...
I'm a 5.5 too! Well I think .72 looks good on (our) your size! lol
27.gif
I've tried on a .71 but it looked much larger to me than what it was. I hope for at least .75ish + (a 1ct+ would be nice) but they always cost more....

I think it's just gorgeous! I'm so happy for you!!!

As far as your parents, I see the issue. That's a tough one. But because it was a V-day proposal, I'd tell them that! But then again, would they wonder why you didn't tell them until now......oh dear!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Katica!!! You have a very wonderful FI and ring there!!!
2.gif

I love the halo around the princess cut...I don''t think I''ve ever seen that before...It looks stunning!

I agree with the other ladies that you need to tell your parents sooner than later. I think the best way is to just be straight forward and tell them about the actually proposal...I personally think it would be really hard (and kinda sad) to have to lie about the day you got engaged for the rest of your life.

Whatever you and your FI decide to do...you in it together...and I''m sure everyone is going to be just thrilled for you both!!!

Congrats again dear!!! Enjoy that new sparkly
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Your ring is STUNNING!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations katica, please come back with pics!
36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! Wow, how I love the look of a halo on a solid band! It makes the center just completely pop! It''s stunning and looks fabulous on you! Hope FI can work up the nerve to talk to dad soon!!! I certainly couldn''t keep that puppy a secret for long!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations katica!!!!

What a beautiful ring...looks perfect on your lovely hand!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Quick update - I convinced (nicely) my fiance to talk to my parents. So he called them yesterday and is heading over there soon. The next part is funny (but also sad in a way): after my fiance called my dad, my dad called ME and told me that my fiance is heading over there today. He asked me why he''s going over there (I acted very innocent) and then he (my dad) told me not to tell my fiance that he told me about the visit. Little does he know!! I also told my fiance that I don''t want to totally like about the proposal so I told him to tell my parents that he showed me the ring on Saturday and told me that he would talk to them this week. So I can still tell them the sweet v-day story :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous as are your long stunning fingers!

katica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:36:52 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous as are your long stunning fingers!
Haha thanks.. yeah I have pretty long fingers, I guess because I''m tall (5''9"). But they look tiny next to my fiance''s hands - he works with them so they''re extra big and strong. His fingers are even twice as thick as mine. I''ve gotten used to their size but for the first few months we were dating his hands popped out in my sight every time I saw him. I love big hands on a man!

By the way for anyone who''s reading this - he''s been at my parents'' for two hours now and I haven''t heard a peep - I hope everything is ok. My dad tends to speak his mind and in true eastern european fashion has no diplomacy or tact at all! I hope he''s not practicing old communist interrogation methods on the poor guy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results