shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess the Gemstone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Easter everybody!

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a little Easter quiz ............. so, what stone is this?

As you can see from the photos, it''s included, shows blue, green and yellow. Although the cut is dreadful and the clarity not great, from hand distance this is a very pretty (and fairly unusual) gemstone.

So, what is it??????

Date: 4/12/2009 10:09:15 AM
Author:LovingDiamonds
Happy Easter everybody!

I thought it might be a nice idea to have a little Easter quiz ............. so, what stone is this?

As you can see from the photos, it''s included, shows blue, green and yellow. Although the cut is dreadful and the clarity not great, from hand distance this is a very pretty (and fairly unusual) gemstone.

So, what is it??????
Alexandrite? Only because I know you LOVE them, and it kind of looks like an alex in daylight.

No but a good guess!!!

A dark vanadium chrysoberyl? I know that''s a stretch, but you said "good guess."

It could also be an indicolite.

I don''t think it''s a garnet, but if it was, perhaps a color changer.

Date: 4/12/2009 10:19:27 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
A dark vanadium chrysoberyl? I know that''s a stretch, but you said ''good guess.''

It could also be an indicolite.

I don''t think it''s a garnet, but if it was, perhaps a color changer.
LOL! Talk about spreading your bets!

Not telling. Let''s see what others say first ................. tee hee *evil giggle*

Sapphire?

Spinel?

I don''t think this will help but here''s the Vendor''s photo......... sorry it''s blurry but I''ve had to make it bigger

It''s cool looking. Um. I''d guess sapphire too.

chrysoberyl

Emerald?
33.gif

i''m guessing chrysoberyl.

No to all the guesses so far!
31.gif

Tourmaline?

Date: 4/12/2009 12:36:00 PM
Author: blinkydoll
Tourmaline?
That would be my guess too.

Diopside?

No
11.gif

Okay, color change garnet.

Tsavorite?
3.gif

i''m new to colored stones, but i thought i would give it a try, my guess is tsavorite too

demantoid?

No!

Acquarium gravel?

(ducks and flees!)

Fluorite?

Zircon?

Multi-colour beryl? (Aqua + green beryl)

Apatite?

No!

Lady D - You''ll be pleased to know that this won''t be featuring in my daughter''s fishtank!!!!
9.gif

Who wants a clue?

They do.
9.gif

(actually, so do I...)

9.gif

The colour may be deceptive! This is not the "normal" colour you see with this gemstone - hence the reason I bought it.
31.gif

A green tanzanite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics