shape
carat
color
clarity

Grown Diamond Corporation

buca

Rough_Rock
Has anyone bought anything or dealt with "Grown Diamond Corporation." Supposedly they are a grower in India and have an office in NYC. They supply stones to companies like Brilliant Earth but they also sell directly. I am being offered a stone that appears on Brilliant Earth too for $900 less. Any red flags to watch out for? They only accept wire transfer and are offering a 5 day return policy.

Link:
https://www.growndiamondcorp.com

Thank you!

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't bought anything from them yet. But have been in contact with them and they always answered my questions. I do plan on ordering a custom cut diamond with them, but that will only happen in a few months.

I would ask them if the produced the diamond themselve. Or are they also just a seller and not really a producer.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone bought anything or dealt with "Grown Diamond Corporation." Supposedly they are a grower in India and have an office in NYC. They supply stones to companies like Brilliant Earth but they also sell directly. I am being offered a stone that appears on Brilliant Earth too for $900 less. Any red flags to watch out for? They only accept wire transfer and are offering a 5 day return policy.

Link:
https://www.growndiamondcorp.com

Thank you!
I believe they are one of the bigger MMD suppliers(??) and that, as you say, they supply some of the bigger sellers.

I didn't know you could purchase as an individual - I thought you had to be a company or a representative of that company?

A Returns policy is a good thing - make sure to get a copy of the Ts&Cs in writing before committing, i.e. if it's a 'no questions asked' policy.

Also, check when the 5 days starts and ends.
- Does it start at the point of purchase? Or from the point of signing for it on the doorstep?
- Does the 5 days mean you can request a return on the fifth day? Or that it must be back with them at their offices in 5 days?
- And is that 5 days five working days? or 5 consecutive days?

It's no good having 5-consecutive-days-from-point-of-purchase-but-must-arrive-back-in-that-time if you purchase on a Saturday morning, they ship on Monday morning, and you only receive it on Thursday...

If you are buying a MRB stone, are you choosing a stone with angles that work and a score on the HCA tool below 2?

And is that $900 saved on a $25k stone or a $1000 stone?

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
@OoohShiny gdc won't sell to private people. But there are a few jewellers (Maytal Hannah for example) who will offered to order the stone for me (free of cost) if she set the stone in a custom setting of hers.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny gdc won't sell to private people. But there are a few jewellers (Maytal Hannah for example) who will offered to order the stone for me (free of cost) if she set the stone in a custom setting of hers.
Hmmm... That could be an interesting avenue to investigate... :twisted: :D

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Yes but be aware. I actually compared the prices from the gdc inventory (or what they claim to be their imventor) and Brilliant Earth had exactly the same stones for.... LESS! I asked the gdc about it and they said they would price match. That just doesn't really give me a good feeling as a customer that their inventory list would be so overpriced (it was about 10%).

thecarter1972

Rough_Rock
Trade
They are a total fraud company and I can prove it. I spent more than a year vetting them, placed an order, wired money (to a legit US bank) and then NOTHING.

Do not do business with them.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
They are a total fraud company and I can prove it. I spent more than a year vetting them, placed an order, wired money (to a legit US bank) and then NOTHING.

Do not do business with them.

Are you a private buyer or a jewel/trade member?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results