shape
carat
color
clarity

griffitk ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Hi Griffitk!

Saw your ring! Wow!!!! How comfortable did it end up being and if you''re active, do you find that it''s high and hits things a lot or low and not really in the way?

Also, if you don''t mind me asking, how much did it cost to get from WF? I''m totally inspired by your ring but not sure if it''s in my budget. I already have the 3 stones and trying to find a great home for them.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Fred

TheRing85248c.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, ff,

Not sure if grifftk is an active poster now or not. But with the changing metals prices, I think you''d need to call WF and get a current quote anyway. Or rather, email them and copy the picture so they can see it, and tell them the size of your stones. Should be a simple process since you have a picture of the design you like!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring VERY similar to GraffitiK''s..and my ring is very comfortable and not high at all.. Does not really get in the way at all..
My ring was an AJaffe that included the sidestones.. but i priced some similar rings and I would imagine a custom setting just like that would not be expensive AT ALL.. If you want to get it from WF just contact them with all your info..

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006 for the info. lisaC also made the great suggestion in another thread so I''ve sent WF a note. I look forward to hearing from them.

MelissaSue! Thanks for the reply as well! Great to hear you have a similar ring and it is very comfortable and not to high. That''s exactly what I''m hoping for as my GF is very active. Thanks for sending me towards Ajaffe. Can you post a picture of your ring? The only one I found remotely similar is ring ME1279 under their classic collection (photo attached). I think I''m tending towards the WF at the moment with its very unique and flowy lines but what I love about both rings is that they don''t have that ring around the girdle so that you can see the whole diamond from the side. Really makes both rings very beautiful as it shows the diamond well. Is this strong enough in 14K gold or do you really need to go with Platinum for the prongs to be strong enough? In terms of budget, I know you say it would not be expensive at all, but can give you me some general range of what you are thinking? I know that on PS there is a very WIDE range of what people''s budgets are.
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Thanks everyone for all your help! You make a huge difference.
21.gif

Fred

ajaffe1.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
ff- yes.. my ring is the ME1279.. It is different because of the height of the center prongs, they go to the center stone instead of the sidestones.. my ring has hidden prongs on the sidestones (they really are hidden.. you have to look at the ring directly from the side to see them).. but like I said too the ajaffe comes with the sidestones, so if you have three stones, that is probably not the direction you want to go in.

Here is a close up..
goodsideview1.JPG

Another
profile1.JPG

this was my original thread for my ring
and with my wedding band... Wedding band thread

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ff, 18k white gold would be just fine. I''d prefer it over 14k.

ff

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info. MelissaSue! I''ll definitely have to think this one over.
21.gif

Diamondseeker2006, why do you prefer 18k over 14k? I''ve ready so much back and forth about both that I''m now a bit confused which way to go. What''s your particular reasoning for one over the other?
19.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I copied a quote from a prominent appraiser on PS:

"The comments in your link are correct. The hardness of the final product is a more complicated question than the simple karatage of the metal. Properly worked, some alloys of 18k can be quite durable. For commercially cast type pieces, 14k yellow gold is usually more durable than 18k yellow gold. 18k white is usually more durable than 14k white."
Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Plus, 18k is around 75% gold and 14k is only around 56%. So it''s nice that the WG is more durable in 18K!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results