shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s - ''Some Kind of Miracle'' Episode

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So....were you all bawling or what?!?!!?
face14.gif
What did you think?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t actually cry...but got a little misty.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The blonde girl in ''heaven'' or wherever that was...the one who kept bleeding during the episode last night...I don''t remember her. What was her story?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In some online searching I dug up that she was impaled on a metal pole. Was there a man also with the pole embedded in him and they had to let her die in order to save him? Was that who she was?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i dunno, i thought it was a bit much...
yeh, i didn''t get the bleeding girl in heaven either.
but, i''m glad she''s alive and the mom character is no longer.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 3:44:35 PM
Author: FireGoddess
The blonde girl in ''heaven'' or wherever that was...the one who kept bleeding during the episode last night...I don''t remember her. What was her story?
She was on a show over a year ago. 2 people were impaled on a pole and stuck together. I believe they were in a train accident. They saved him but she passed away. They showed the clip again in the very beginning of last nights show.

I love Grey''s but truly yesterday was definitely not my favorite episode. And I have cried at almost every episode since the beginning. The writing, camera work, music choice is so great.

Unfortunately, I do not like Ellen Pompeo and don''t love her acting. I love the patient stories more than the doctor/intern relationships.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got really weepy when Cristina was freaking out (though the 99 cent store thing was hilarious) and totally weepy at the end with Denny and Izzy in the hallway.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was a little disappointed that they had this huge disaster and then the 3rd episode was all about Merideth. other than 2 minutes on the pregnant jane doe none of that story was there and I wished it was. The Merideth in heaven or wherever she was, was a little hokey to me but I did like that she was able to find peace with her mom even in the afterlife. I did cry when Christina went to her and Merideth started breathing again..very nice scene...oh and what about addy and Mcsteamy's deal????

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I laughed out loud at Christina and her $.99 "crap" -- "you can get *furniture* for ninety-nine cents!"
9.gif

I thought the rest of the episode was kind of weak though. Lots of filler. And, I''m sorry but ... no brain damage? What the ... ??

FG, did you see that there''s going to be a spinoff starring Addison and Taye Diggs?

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Yes, the no brain damage. I told my husband I was going to research if this was possible today. Does anyone know statistics on this? 1 hour without the heart pumping blood and oxygen to the rest of the body and then you are fine....could this really happen? Do you think Meredith will be doing surgery next week, too?

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Oh, and I am not too happy about the spinoff. I want Addison to stay!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 4:38:34 PM
Author: merrijoy

me too. last i heard it wasn''t 100% certain, has that changed?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellaila I did just hear about the spinoff but nothing about it including Taye Diggs. I''m torn because I definitely think Addy is interesting enough to have more face time but love the chemistry on Grey''s. It will be interesting to see the finale that is supposed to set the scene for the spinoff.

I thought Addy and McSteamy''s deal was very interesting. I''m curious to see if it will pan out and kinda hope it could. I think they are great together if he can ''keep it in his pants.'' It was a ''hmmmm'' moment for me when Addy was looking at Meredith and McDreamy and said, "He never felt that way about me" and Steamy said, "I did." Okay, so why couldn''t he keep it in his pants!?!!? We''ll see this time.

I love love loved Christina''s 99 cent store extravaganza. It was some nice levity with all the freaky things going on. That mini lawn chair had me cracking up.

About the brain damage...for me it''s about how long she was in the water, and they never explicitly said. If her brain was getting oxygen from the moment Derek found her, and they made careful mention to say that ''hypothermia is protective to the organs'' (moreso than being at regular body temp), I wonder.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 4:41:59 PM
Author: mrssalvo

I don''t know, but I want to know if she does leave, why in real life is she leaving? Is she sick of the drama behind the scenes? I though TR Nightly (George) would be the first to leave...I believe that is his name IRL.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 4:55:05 PM
Date: 2/23/2007 4:41:59 PM

Author: mrssalvo

I don''t know, but I want to know if she does leave, why in real life is she leaving? Is she sick of the drama behind the scenes? I though TR Nightly (George) would be the first to leave...I believe that is his name IRL.

i read an article the other day on the USAToday website that said ABC was considering a spinoff. I don''t think Kate Walsh is chosing to leave, I think ABC is thinking about moving her and giving her her own show. I''d watch because I like her but other than fraiser spinoff''s rarely work and I''d just rather keep it one show and her to stay there. But I''m sure for ABC it''s all about the $$

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
This is where I saw it http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20012764,00.html (in my Britney searching yesterday!)

So it sounds like they definitely both signed on for it, but obviously have to do a pilot and see how well it does before anything is written in stone. Last line says, "Should the spinoff go forward, Addison will most likely accept the offer; if it does not, she''ll stay at Seattle Grace."
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgive me, but I was really bored with last night''s episode. I thought this whole superbowl three part episode was actually overly-dramatic and very cheesy. It didn''t really grip me too much. I''m getting a little bored with Meredith''s character, she''s weak and boring.

I was entertained by addison''s deal with McSteamy though, it will be fun to see what happens with that. I also did get a little emotional over the izzy and denny thing in the hallway. I hated the drama associated with Meredith''s mom...so I''m kind of glad to see that part of the show over.

I wish they would do some more with the Chief and dating or something. They had the whole hair thing...but they didn''t really do much about the drama with his wife, I''d like to see a little more of his life in the show.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
This 3 episode "epic distaster" thing was dragged out and started wearing on me, too. The deal with Addison/McSteamy is intriguing as ever, but I don''t know that anything else really jumped out at me much last night.
40.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other than the Christina/Mer thing, I thought it was pretty lame.

The "stuck" scenes with the other dead people, I think was meant to be surreal, but I found it comical.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes that was the girl who had been impailed with a metal pole along with another person .
I thought it was a great episode and the most touching moments for me were when Merideth meets up with her mother in the after life, and of course the moment with Izzie and Denny in the end. I shed a few tears.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
my eyes watered a few times, but I gotta admit I wasn''t too thrilled with the whole "after life" experience. Just a little too weird for me. I did like the Christina/Mer scences and the Denny/Izzy scene at the end...very sweet.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was kind of bored with the whole Mer thing as well. I just think it didn''t seem very realistic. I did like Christina 99 cent break down and kind of learning MORE about what makes her tick.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I though the episode was SO long. And I REALLY wanted Meredith to stay dead. I really don''t like her as a charcter, so I was a little disppointed that the whole show was about her. I also thought Izzy being SOOO against George''s marriage a bit much (unless she''s jealous because she''s secretly in love with him) I just think her reaction is too strong.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
totally agree - the 3 parts was too much

LOVED the Denny / Izzy scene at the end!

Didn''t love all about meredith stuff - although super glad the mom character is gone now. she was super annoying.

didn''t really get izzy being SOOO against george''s marriage.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 12:42:49 PM
Author: Cailet
totally agree - the 3 parts was too much

LOVED the Denny / Izzy scene at the end!

Didn''t love all about meredith stuff - although super glad the mom character is gone now. she was super annoying.

didn''t really get izzy being SOOO against george''s marriage.

Totally agree. However, I did like that character. It did give insight into Meredith''s character. I can relate. While my mom wasn''t that negative with me, she does have these crazy mood swings and demands that drive me and my sister mad. While, like Meredith, I still love her and would take care of her if needed, it is really wearing on a person.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
codex - agreed! I''m glad they showed the mom character to give us more insight, I''m just really glad she is gone now!!
3.gif

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
Can someone tell me how it makes sense that right after a MAJOR catastrophe, every single surgeon in the hospital other than Dr. Torres was free and available to gather around Meredith for hours and administer CPR? I understand they cared about her because she was one of their interns, but you'd think there were other people in the hospital who needed their help!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seeing Meredith''s mom definitely did allow me to tolerate Meredith''s whining and twistiness more than I normally would. Until I saw how mean her mom was in her state of lucidity, Meredith pretty much irritated me. Now I can kind of ''get it.'' But Ellis dying didn''t really move me one way or the other...probably because I had no sympathy for her.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
LOVE this thread, because like MOST people I know, I love this show. The thing that surprised me was at the end when they "brought Meridith back".....everyone just kind of left, and Christina was there all alone with her. Didn''t seem realistic, wouldn''t the other friends/interns be in there with her, or at least come by?? I also wonder if she remembers that she saw Denny and the others in "the afterlife".....and if she''ll tell Izzy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely hope that Meredith tells Izzy about seeing Denny in ''the afterlife'' because clearly we are supposed to believe that it sort of ''really happened'' on some level. After all, she knew her mother had died, because she saw Ellis there. I hope they don''t gloss over it entirely in the next episode!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results