shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s - ''Some Kind of Miracle'' Episode

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
She better tell Izzy!

I personal didn''t like the episode. I thought it was a "bit much" and too dramatic at some points...but I am so HAPPY
36.gif
36.gif
she pulled through "not swimming" hard enough in the cold water and basically dying...

Next episode: Looking forward to a million questions being answered, but realistically planning for just one or two, otherwise, why would we all be watching?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I liked it but I don''t really like Meredith much. I thought the whole thing at the end was pretty predictable. I told DH that her mother would die, they would meet up and she would tell her she wasn''t ordinary....and lo and behold...

I love Kate Walsh. I can''t imagine anyone leaving HER for gloomy and depressing Meredith.

I don''t really get that emotional over this show anymore. I am not sure why. That whole thing with Isaac Washington (Will he get fired? Won''t he get fired?) kind of ruined it for me.

Oh...and does anyone thing the Chief just might be Meredith''s real father? Remember when he said ''she can''t die, she is...." and got interrupted? That is our theory, anyway.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 4:51:01 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Oh...and does anyone thing the Chief just might be Meredith''s real father? Remember when he said ''she can''t die, she is....'' and got interrupted? That is our theory, anyway.
It''s an interesting thought, though they made the whole point about Meredith getting her ''snoring'' from her dad.
emotion-40.gif
Hard to tell where they''re going with all that!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 5:30:31 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Oh...and does anyone thing the Chief just might be Meredith''s real father? Remember when he said ''she can''t die, she is....'' and got interrupted? That is our theory, anyway.
It''s an interesting thought, though they made the whole point about Meredith getting her ''snoring'' from her dad.
emotion-40.gif
Hmmm....did her mother tell her that or who said that she got it from her dad? I don''t remember.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 6:04:16 PM

Date: 2/27/2007 5:30:31 PM

emotion-40.gif
Hmmm....did her mother tell her that or who said that she got it from her dad? I don''t remember.
Her mom may have said that, but then she sees her dad in the hospital and asks him about it, and they have this convo about the remedy that worked for him (wax earplugs) so she buys some for Derek and leaves them on his pillow. It would be interesting if she was the Chief''s love child though!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
anyone see the new article this morning that the rest of the cast is super pissed about the whole spinoff thing?

aparently none of them knew about it prior to the news stories, and all the ego''s are out in full force

"Meredith" thinks she should have been consulted
"Izzy" has broken off negotiations for renewing her contract (sounds like she is angry that she doesn''t get as much as Isiah)

should be interesting to see how this all pans out......

And although I am FINALLY starting to like the Addison character not sure if I would care enough about her to watch a spinoff. A lot of what I like about her is her interactions with the rest of the cast.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 9:19:10 AM
Author: Cailet
anyone see the new article this morning that the rest of the cast is super pissed about the whole spinoff thing?

aparently none of them knew about it prior to the news stories, and all the ego''s are out in full force

''Meredith'' thinks she should have been consulted
''Izzy'' has broken off negotiations for renewing her contract (sounds like she is angry that she doesn''t get as much as Isiah)

should be interesting to see how this all pans out......

And although I am FINALLY starting to like the Addison character not sure if I would care enough about her to watch a spinoff. A lot of what I like about her is her interactions with the rest of the cast.
Boy, what a bunch of egos on that set.

I am curious as to why everyone disliked Addison from the start. I think they have gone so far out of their way to make her likeable. I can''t find anything to dislike about her and I wonder why everyone did. Was it just because she was the ''other woman'' and everyone thought McDreamy should be with Meredith?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 10:19:52 AM

I am curious as to why everyone disliked Addison from the start. I think they have gone so far out of their way to make her likeable. I can''t find anything to dislike about her and I wonder why everyone did. Was it just because she was the ''other woman'' and everyone thought McDreamy should be with Meredith?
That''s my take on it...that the show is centered around Meredith and you were trained from the start to want her to be with McDreamy, and then Addison shows up and blows it all to hell. I started watching Grey''s after Addison joined the show, so I really never disliked her at all, and in fact now she''s my favorite.

If that story about all the egos on the set being in a huff over the spinoff is true, all I have to say to that is
20.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
i think at the beginning of the show too - the way they portrayed Addison was a lot different

she was very pinched and b!tchy looking.

they didn''t start to show her joking around with people / having a sense of humor until recently

they introduced her as the cheating wife who won''t give up and is forcing herself into her poor husband''s life.
More than anything that made me dislike her - first she cheats on mcdreamy then she ditches mcsteamy to chase mcdreamy. then she forces herself into mcdreamy''s life (getting a job at the same hospital, coming to live with him in the trailer)

came off as super manipulative to me

but now that they''ve shown some more background and rounded out her character some more and can start to understand her a little bit ....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 3:03:27 PM
More than anything that made me dislike her - first she cheats on mcdreamy then she ditches mcsteamy to chase mcdreamy.
Actually, she didn''t ditch McSteamy. He cheated on her and that''s why she left and went to get Derek back.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
That makes sense. I missed those first episodes so I never saw her like that.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 3:35:14 PM

Date: 2/28/2007 3:03:27 PM
More than anything that made me dislike her - first she cheats on mcdreamy then she ditches mcsteamy to chase mcdreamy.
Actually, she didn''t ditch McSteamy. He cheated on her and that''s why she left and went to get Derek back.

well, true she did go to try and get derek back, but that wasn''t right when he left.

when McSteamy first came on the scene he was talking about how she had lived with him for a while when Derek first left and they after a while Addison went out to Seattle to try and get him back. That''s what I meant about ditching McSteamy....

(remember during the whole divorce stuff mcdreamy was giving addison everything until he found out that her and mcsteamy had been together for a while and it wasn''t just a fling)

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I liked it but I don''t really like Meredith much. I thought the whole thing at the end was pretty predictable. I told DH that her mother would die, they would meet up and she would tell her she wasn''t ordinary....and lo and behold...

I said the same thing. I thought the show was very predictable last week and had the story line figured out within about the first 5 min of the show, so it was a lil dull for me.
However, the scene at the very end with Izzy and Denny... well, it left me teary eyed. It redeemed the show for me.

I hope that the spin off does not happen because I think the cast is perfect just the way it is. The show has it''s problems here and there, but the ensemble is superb. In fact, I thin it is the chemistry of the cast that gives the show so much appeal because normally I do not care for these dragged out every-one-sleeps-with-everyone-else type stories. But I am addicted to Grey''s.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...anyone see last night's episode? SPOILER ALERT!

I am DISGUSTED that Izzy and George slept together. Disgusted! George is MARRIED, and if Izzy can't accept that, freaking George should! I'm so irritated at both of them. They were wasted, whatever, that's no excuse. (Anyone think that they didn't sleep together? Could that be a plot twist?)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you FG and I do think they did, no plot twist there. I did like the episode as a whole though
9.gif

I also heard that Lisa Kudrow from friends will be joining Addison in the spin off. don''t know if it''s true but I will watch..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey fellow grey''s lovers..

so what did you think of last night''s 2 hours special???? all i can say is, while I will probably watch a spin off if they do one, there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much of that story for the show to even be called Grey''s last night. my hubby said he almost felt like we were being tricked into watching it.

i''m in absolute shock they let meredith''s step mom die and then shocked again her dad slapped her...

also kept wanting for McSteamy to show up in LA, whould have made the 1.5 hours of storyline there worth it for me
9.gif

LOVED christina and all the wedding stuff, too funny....
and loved the little moment b/t mcsteamy and mcdreamy..oh and the surfkid the ladies were all drolling over, so not cute iMO
14.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
urgh! what a dissapointment. the NEW characters/spin off - i just couldn''t get into it. it''s like we were forced to watch, but yet they acted like we already knew them and should feel something for them. their characters just weren''t developed enough or something.
and what''s with that surfboy? he looked like he was 12. not attractive.

i mean the only substance was with mer. and her dad and stepmom.
george & izzy p!ssed me off in the elevator scene.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 8:19:39 AM
Author: mrssalvo

so what did you think of last night''s 2 hours special???? all i can say is, while I will probably watch a spin off if they do one, there was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much of that story for the show to even be called Grey''s last night. my hubby said he almost felt like we were being tricked into watching it.

i''m in absolute shock they let meredith''s step mom die and then shocked again her dad slapped her...

also kept wanting for McSteamy to show up in LA, whould have made the 1.5 hours of storyline there worth it for me
9.gif

LOVED christina and all the wedding stuff, too funny....
and loved the little moment b/t mcsteamy and mcdreamy..oh and the surfkid the ladies were all drolling over, so not cute iMO
14.gif

Ditto....

1) WAY too much of that story, it annoyed me a bit..
2) I wanted to see more of the wedding planning because it is just too funny.
3) The surfer kid was not that hot....he did have cute eyes and abs...I''ll take McSteamy and McDreamy!!!
4) How about Izzie and George???...George is just so confused, it''s driving me a little crazy!, I want to slap him a little...poor Izzie and his wife!
5) As always, poor Meredith!....
6)....and McDreamy flirting with someone else??? and who passes out in the next episode that the Chief yells for help!??

M~

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH! I''m glad I''m not alone. I HATED last night''s episode. I was not into the other show with Addison at all. I was like "Does this show already exist? What show is this?" I still don''t know if that''s a show already or if they just made those characters up!

And as far as the stuff over at Seattle Grace: I mean, come on, writers-you''re going to kill Meredith''s stepmom, too?! Then her dad''s going to slap her?!

And what about George and Izzy?! I kept waiting for Callie to bust them making out in the elevator. Plus, why is George so conflicted? I mean, Callie and him got married after they''d barely dated! Just get a damn divorce or annulment if you''re so unsure about your marriage!

Next week better be good. I''m starting to just get over Grey''s Anatomy and it used to be my second favorite show! (The Office is my favorite show.)

Chels7

Rough_Rock
Uh I thought the 2 hour special was so dumb. I don''t think i''ll watch the spin-off because it was all about sex. Now don''t get me wrong I enjoy the sex talk on Grey''s, but this whole other half was ALL about SEX, its like don''t these people in LA have anything else to talk about?

I love Grey''s and was super excited for it to be 2 hours, and i''d say only about 45 minutes was actually in Seatle. I also agree that surfer boy was not cute, and I didn''t know the new characters so I didn''t care that these people couldn''t get dates, their ex''s got married, or a hooker stole their car.

Ok so overall I guess I was very disappointed and struggled to stay away to see what happened in Seatle. I was very let down
15.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Man, was that bad. Right from that first scene in the "unhorny" elevator, I knew I hated this whole spinoff thing. Yeah, yeah, we get it - Addison is wild and crazy. No need to constantly rub it in our faces. It was just so forced. Horrible.

BUT it was good seenig Kellerman from Prison Break again -- yay!! Though boooo b/c I guess that means they really did kill him off in PB. And Taye Diggs is always yummy eye candy. But Kellerman and Diggs just arent'' enough to make me sit through drivel.
I fell asleep at 10, so I didn''t even get to see much of the actual Greys people!
7.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say I haven''t seen it yet - it''s on Tivo but will watch tonight and comment then - don''t want to read the posts and get spoilers.
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
i was also disappointed by last night''s episode. felt like i was stuck having to watch this semi-pilot launch of the addison spin-off. it almost felt like i wasn''t even watching grey''s.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be the dissenter here, I didn''t actually mind the new spin off idea. I DID mind that they put it smack dab in the middle of Grey''s and thus forced us to watch it, but I think that it is something I''ll watch initially if they really do a spinoff on it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
The two hour Grey's wasn't so great for me too. I REALLY disliked how they mixed it in with Grey's and forced us to watch it. I felt like I wasn't even watching Grey's!!! Grey's is such a great show! Why have so much of Addison in LA ruining those two episodes?! ARGH! However, with that being said, I'll probably end up watching the spin off if it does happen. At least I'll give it a chance.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
The whole time, all I could think was, "less spin off...more Christine," because I did really enjoy the wedding-y parts of the Grey''s 1/2 of the show. I love where she just muttered "Bridesmaid." to Callie.

But as for the spin off....irritating. I probably would have watched it and perhaps enjoyed it more had it had its own separate showing, but as others have mentioned, being forced to watch it was irritating AND the style is so completely different from Grey''s that it was just distracting and took me out of "Grey''s" mode.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I finally saw it this weekend.

I love Addison and really, really wanted to like the potential spinoff. It wasn''t the flashing back and forth between Seattle and LA that bothered me. Not so bad. What WAS bad was the WHOLE THING in LA! It seemed so fake, the characters were completely uninteresting, I never got that suspension of disbelief where I actually forgot I was watching a TV show - the whole time it just seemed like they were acting. Which they were, of course, but you''re supposed to forget that. I couldn''t.

I also think they made Addison seem a little odd. I mean, who the hell doesn''t know there''s a camera in the elevator? She''s a freaking OB/GYN and works at a hospital...she doesn''t know that? Starts talking to the ''elevator God''?
20.gif
That was dumb. There were some cute moments I thought, but overall my take was very negative. That show is never gonna fly.
15.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2007 8:19:39 AM
Author: mrssalvo

I''m with you Mrs S - I thought the time seemed to drag and it felt like 10 hours, not 2. I actually fast forwarded some of the LA stuff. BO-ring!

I was shocked that they had Meredith''s dad slap her too. I felt for him but after that I wanted to slug the guy. What the hell?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results