shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey Spinel E-Ring

Kaitie_did

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I am totally new to this site, I stumbled across it as a source of information for grey spinel. I am looking for a really nice dark grey spinel to be used in my E-ring. I am in no rush and want to find the perfect one to suit my taste. The darker the better however I do not want black. I am looking for 2-3ct as for size, and really like a cushion or the asscher cut. I would really appreciate as much help as possible as I am completely lost in the whole process!

Thanks so much! :D

Kaitie_did

Rough_Rock
I do like that one, it is a little lighter and a little too blue/green than my ideal stone.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You might also try reaching out to that Etsy vendor (Elle @ TheGemstoneProject), as she had a good track record with gray spinels.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure the blue-green you see in the Etsy stone pics is reflection. You could always ask for more pics.

Jeff mentions pink in his listing, so when you reach out to him, I'd suggest you let him know you want straight up grey, if you don't want any other colours in there. Greys with violet or pink are quite a bit easier to find.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madly gems seems to have a lot of them. Not sure on their pricing though
Here's a recent pic from their insta

madlygems_1366508457905472930.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S

SparkliesLuver

Sorry for not posting a link - as I can't from my phone - but Elle (of The Gemstone Project) seems to have a great one for you!

img_9244.png

index_finger

Rough_Rock
I love grey spinel, my suggestion is to look for one that's not on the dark side so that the famous brilliance of spinel can show off completely.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
index_finger|1477409349|4090415 said:
I love grey spinel, my suggestion is to look for one that's not on the dark side so that the famous brilliance of spinel can show off completely.

While for me, the lighter, the better for silver/greys, I've actually seen some pretty impressive dispersion from darker grey spinels. Personal preference, I guess. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results