shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey discoloration on platinum - how to clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I have this beautiful ruby ring that is made of platinum.
I suffer from pretty bad fluctuation of water retention and my fingers change size constantly.
The only way I am able to somewhat fix that is to have a ring a little bit bigger and then have sizing beads put into the shank od the ring to allow such fluctuation. So I took my ring to my local jeweler ( which had been repairing my jewelry for 5 years now without a problem ) to have him put in the beads for me ( the beads are of gold ).

Well he used gold to solder to the platinum, but somehow, there is a grey looking cast over the platinum in the bottom of the shank and unfortunately, has also
infiltrated itseld into the pave work in like 4 stones on the outside of the shank... I have not noticed it until this morning. ( got this done 3 days ago )

What can I do to get this mess taken care of?
7.gif
I am pretty upset...

Sunshine cloth? Have him buff the residue out? what about the pave? Rhodium plate that area - I really wish to not do that...

Any advice?
7.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
sounds to me like the ring was rhodium plated and your experiencing normal wear. I would ask the jeweler if this is the case and if so, have it dipped.
Good luck, I hope you get the issue resolved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results