shape
carat
color
clarity

green tourmaline in engagement ring/wedding set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
in the last month or more there has been much discussion re tourmaline being used as a wedding ring and/or e-ring. let me also preface by saying that pricescope has ruined me totally and i notice everyone''s rings wherever i go.

so i''m in the drugstore getting a birthday card ffor my father and i notice the cashier''s wedding set! sort of wavey modern, bezeled green stone with channel set diamonds down each side set in gold. very very striking....

turns out the center bezeled stone is green tourmaline. the faceting has been worn down and she doesn''t get it polished. she decided that it wasn''t worth having unless she was going to wear it and she told her husband she intended to wear it 24/7....she even gardens with it on! she''s very active and rough with her hands [she made sure i noticed she didn''t have pampered hands].

up shot is that the ring is still stunning after all the years of use and abuse.....i only noticed the faceting was worn down when i really ''examined'' it. the effects of wear and tear have given her green tourmaline an ''emerald'' look but no chipping or dents. if the worse thing that happens to a green tourmaline over the course of years is that it starts to look like an emerald, then i say that isn''t bad at all. but if shine and polish is important, then perhaps it isn''t the stone for 24/7 wear.

roving color stone investigative reporter,

movie zombie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, Movie Zombie! I am so glad to know that I am not the only one checking out everyone''s rings and asking to examine them! I absolutely covet my Walgreens cashier''s solitaire. I drool and examine every time I go in. Keep those freelance stories coming!!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
roving color stone investigative reporter,
movie zombie
LOL...thanks, MZ!! It''s comforting knowing you''re out there!
9.gif

widget

leggs

Shiny_Rock
There's only one thing better and that is being the bearer of the gem and getting noticed!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results