shape
carat
color
clarity

Green sapphire RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is beautiful!

stonehunter

Rough_Rock
Stunning!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful green. It looks fantastic in that setting.

FedEx just delivered my Vatche antique cushion today, and I have to say the Vatche makes very delicate settings and their melee are extremely sparkly.

Wear it in good health
36.gif

karencluff

Rough_Rock
Everything about your ring in Gorgeous!!! I LOVE the saphire in that setting! I''m green with envy!!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your wonderful replies!!
35.gif
I admire your incredible collections so often, it''s exciting to be able to share something of my own.

Several of you commented about the shade of green in the sapphire -- the stone''s actually a bit of a chameleon, and changes shades under various lighting conditions. Sometimes I see flashes pine green, lime green, yellow, olive, and even a bit of blue depending on the lighting. The first photo that I posted in this thread is the first out of many, many tries that I finally managed to capture my favorite shade of green out of the stone. Now that the sapphire is in a setting, to me it looks even better -- not that it wasn''t a beautiful sapphire on its own, but something about the setting helps to enhance its color and sparkle even more, at least to my very biased eyes.
3.gif

akmiss, skippy, somehowcollide, Catmom, tberube, marcy, TanDogMom, MMT, Beaglemom, vita*dolce, gwendolyn, Kay, Ellen, SDL, Lauren, icekid, happygirl, LIB, AprilBaby, stonehunter, StarBright (hope I didn''t miss anybody!) -- thank you for your lovely comments!!

Fly Girl -- gosh, you''re so sweet! I actually deleted quite a few pictures because I was feeling self-conscious about how my hand looked on camera.
9.gif

LostSapphire -- yes, I totally agree with you about the cut of the sapphire! I''m waiting impatiently along with you to see your own stunning Jeff White sapphire being set. It''ll be magnificent, I''m sure!

Futuremrss -- I found the sapphire through Jeff White''s Web site earlier this year. I posted a thread in "Colored Stones" back then with some pictures and a bit more information: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-sapphire.79399/
(I just realized that I short-changed the carat size by a tiny bit earlier in this thread -- it should be 1.31ct.
17.gif
)

NeverEndingUpgrade -- I never confirmed it with Jeff, but I believe the cut is called "oval variant" because the outside edge (the girdle?) is not a completely smooth oval shape. If you look closely, you can see tiny straight-line edges going all the way around, in a polygonal shape, but the overall look resembles an oval.

Musey -- I''m particularly happy that you like my ring! To me, your asscher e-ring is sheer perfection. It inspired me to dream about someday getting such a setting for myself, and I''m still pinching myself that someday is already here...
10.gif

purrfectpear -- your new Vatche sounds fantastic! Hope you posted pictures already, because I''m going to look for them right now!
31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely! The stone and setting complement each other very well!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THIS RING.....congratulations!!!!

Lori

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you coatimundi and Lori! I wore the ring to the movie theater last night, and I think I spent more time staring at the ring than the movie itself...
21.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Singingbell, do you happen to know the name of the setting? I tried finding it on the Vatche website without any luck.

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i''ve recently stumbled upon this setting on exceldiamonds.com and i can''t, for the life of me find this setting anywhere else that sells vatche. any insight?

gorgeousS!!!!
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this thread!! What a beautiful ring, I''m green with envy heehee
2.gif
. I love the vatche setting you chose for it!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2008 8:57:02 PM
Author: trillionaire
Stunning!
Thank you!! Sorry - I somehow missed your post earlier...

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 9:47:26 PM
Author: Kay
Singingbell, do you happen to know the name of the setting? I tried finding it on the Vatche website without any luck.

Date: 8/21/2008 10:59:36 PM
Author: julie04
i''ve recently stumbled upon this setting on exceldiamonds.com and i can''t, for the life of me find this setting anywhere else that sells vatche. any insight?

gorgeousS!!!!
30.gif
Hi Kay and Julie! I''m combining replies to both of you because the answers are kind of related. There is precious little information available online about this specific setting as far as I can gather. Just like Kay, I didn''t have success searching through the Vatche Web site for it either. The vendor where I purchased it advertised the setting as the "Eiffel," but I haven''t been able to find any place else that references the setting by that name, including the online vendor mentioned by Julie -- the only Web site I found that actually lists this setting.

I''ve since learned from other PSers that this setting is one of several unbranded models produced by Vatche. Also, I''ve now seen the number "2006" show up a couple of times in reference to the setting, so it may be the style number. Maybe with those two pieces of information you can contact a Vatche retailer near you to get more information. Hope this helps!!

Thank you for the compliment, Julie!
16.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:21:43 AM
Author: kcoursolle
How did I miss this thread!! What a beautiful ring, I''m green with envy heehee
2.gif
. I love the vatche setting you chose for it!
Ha ha! You''re so sweet, KC! Thank you!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This is a really lovely ring, your choice for the setting works so well!
36.gif

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
thanks singingbell!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 4:18:57 AM
Author: singingbell

Date: 8/21/2008 9:47:26 PM
Author: Kay

Date: 8/21/2008 10:59:36 PM
Author: julie04

gorgeousS!!!!
30.gif
Hi Kay and Julie! I''m combining replies to both of you because the answers are kind of related. There is precious little information available online about this specific setting as far as I can gather. Just like Kay, I didn''t have success searching through the Vatche Web site for it either. The vendor where I purchased it advertised the setting as the ''Eiffel,'' but I haven''t been able to find any place else that references the setting by that name, including the online vendor mentioned by Julie -- the only Web site I found that actually lists this setting.

I''ve since learned from other PSers that this setting is one of several unbranded models produced by Vatche. Also, I''ve now seen the number ''2006'' show up a couple of times in reference to the setting, so it may be the style number. Maybe with those two pieces of information you can contact a Vatche retailer near you to get more information. Hope this helps!!

Thank you for the compliment, Julie!
16.gif
Thanks for the info, Singingbell and Julie. I just checked the Excel website, and they do not currently show that setting.
7.gif
I''ll check with a local Vatche retailer when I am ready to move forward. (I was just hoping for some online info to tide me over until I am ready to deal with a jeweler.) I have been toying with getting a blue or blue-green Asscher cut gemstone for a while, and would like a deco or antique looking setting. Seeing how this lovely setting complements both Musey''s beautiful diamond Asscher and your gorgeous green sapphire makes me think this setting is a strong contender for my project. Since our daughter will have either sapphire or tourmaline for her birthstone, I thought I might be able to convince DH this would be a good Christmas or Mother''s Day present in the coming year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results