carat
color
clarity

Green sapphire earring - opinions

Sapphiregirl84

Rough_Rock
Hello all

long time lurker

I am tempted by these earnings to compliment (won’t match I know...) my Montana sapphire e ring. What do you think? 020DAA9D-AE2B-4373-91D1-7846139C389D.jpeg 4726AB84-8797-4882-B929-02E40FED0DEF.jpeg 3F20D5DA-3356-4168-9366-F301973C199A.jpeg

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say not colorful enough.

They are kind of an olive-green which is probably the least sought-after sapphire color. That said, I'm sure some can be vivid. Your ring is prettier, imo.

Maybe a brighter yellow? I think a pretty halo like that deserves a better "star."

Nothing needs to "match." I hate those Costco giant-brown-everything bedroom sets =)2

Sorry. Trying to be constructive.

Sapphiregirl84

Rough_Rock
Oh I so appreciate the feedback! B45EB5A2-983C-40BD-B468-5E0BDEFC88FD.jpeg I got a better photo in daylight but they are a little dark aren’t they?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a better photo in daylight but they are a little dark aren’t they?

Others will weigh in.

Prettier there, for sure. Always hard to say in still photos.

It's not so much the tone as the color for me. I think they will be darker on the ear and depending on how you wear your hair and where and when you plan to wear them.

Sapphiregirl84

Rough_Rock
Gosh I appreciate your help. If you were going to spend 2900 Australian dollars on these would you instead spend 3400 aud on these diamond studs (1 carat total weight) 4E4D2CD3-D06D-4C4F-A624-FA05CAD9416D.jpeg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They look like Aussie sapphires. Australian sapphires are not expensive. They are overpriced.

A bit of a cryptic instruction but see if you can find the gem retail site for this poster (large inventory of things like green aussie sapphires)

Someone will be able to tell you what his retail site was called. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember it.

On another note there are a lot of active aussie pricescopers in this thread, you might find some of their posters about jewelers they use interesting.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
His site was genuine aussi gems. I bought a teal from him that was ok, but rather dark. He obliged with videos that were accurate. I am not sure if he still has a site though.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the choice between the green oval Sapphire with halo studs and diamond studs on their own, I would opt for the latter for certain.

The colour of the Sapphires are not vivid enough for my liking, however, each to their own and all that.

DK :))

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Given the choice between the green oval Sapphire with halo studs and diamond studs on their own, I would opt for the latter for certain.

The colour of the Sapphires are not vivid enough for my liking, however, each to their own and all that.

I agree. I really like the sapphire earrings on their own, but there is also something about them that doesn't quite work with your ring in my opinion, but I can't put my finger on it. Your ring is strong and elegant with the baguette diamonds. The earrings are maybe a little too "precious" with the oval halo. Like I said, I can't put my finger on it, but the diamond studs are classic and timeless. That would be my choice. But I don't think you could go wrong either way.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
His site was genuine aussi gems. I bought a teal from him that was ok, but rather dark. He obliged with videos that were accurate. I am not sure if he still has a site though.

Looks like it got rebranded, but isn't super active so a matching pair sounds like a long shot anyway.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I really like the sapphire earrings on their own, but there is also something about them that doesn't quite work with your ring in my opinion, but I can't put my finger on it. Your ring is strong and elegant with the baguette diamonds. The earrings are maybe a little too "precious" with the oval halo. Like I said, I can't put my finger on it, but the diamond studs are classic and timeless. That would be my choice. But I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Perhaps due to them being oval and do not sit as well as rounds like the studs on the earlobes?

Again, personal preference and all that.

Sapphiregirl84

Rough_Rock
Looks like it got rebranded, but isn't super active so a matching pair sounds like a long shot anyway.

You guys might not believe this - but that Aussie Gem guy literally lives in my suburb here in the Gold Coast! Hahahahahha

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Then you will be right next to sedagems as well.

As a relatively inappropriate question are you shopping surfers paradise for jewelery? I have not been in several years (and anything I say should be taken with grain of salt) but last time I was there a lot of it was over priced.

Sapphiregirl84

Rough_Rock
Then you will be right next to sedagems as well.

As a relatively inappropriate question are you shopping surfers paradise for jewelery? I have not been in several years (and anything I say should be taken with grain of salt) but last time I was there a lot of it was over priced.

I’ll check it out! The earrings I posted above are actually from a jewellery in Perth WA. I hadn’t thought to shop locally! I’ve lived here for years but never think to go into surfers hahahha

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ll check it out! The earrings I posted above are actually from a jewellery in Perth WA. I hadn’t thought to shop locally! I’ve lived here for years but never think to go into surfers hahahha

haha ok you restored my faith in the process a little. I also would not shop surfers paradiase for anything other than maybe a new bathing suit. Unfortunately I feel that way about a lot of the gold coast strip, but it makes up for it by having some lovely beaches. I was in kingscliff /salt beach in feb. So pretty. Was so busy that I only caught a 2 minute glimpse of the beach, but what I saw was really beautiful with a lot of pristine white sand. I had forgotten how beautiful the gold coast really is.
20200214_104624.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results